Bluetooth and dialing directly from Cell Phone - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Bluetooth and dialing directly from Cell Phone in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have the same problem with my iPhone 4s. What is odd is that the feature worked when I first ...
    toponas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Re: Bluetooth and dialing directly from Cell Phone

I have the same problem with my iPhone 4s. What is odd is that the feature worked when I first got the car. This is a very big problem because using the voice dialing or scrolling thru my contacts in Cue is very troublesome. I would rather have the feature to dial from my phone and listen through the car system. It is much more important to me than privacy of my conversation from some else in the car. Is Cadillac doing anything about this? When I call Cue customer service they say they do not have the capability to simulate the problem. Cadillac must recognize how many people have iPhones. Help.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Did you try deleting the pairing from both CUE and the iphone, and repairing?

I would like to add to an earlier post of mine. Today, I spent time trying to understand why the iPhone will not connect to Cue when a call is initiated from the phone. I learned that the iPhone will contact only after the call is connected, not while the phone is ringing. Once, the person answers the phone, then the Cue button on the iPhone will connect and hands free works. Unfortunately, you do not want to put the phone to your ear while driving to make sure the call is answered before switching to Cue. In California, putting the phone to your ear will get you a nice big ticket. Hopefully, with this information, Cadillac can do something with Cue before it gets a Ford Sync rap.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

sounds like it's an iPhone problem not a CUE problem if the iPhone won't connect to bluetooth while ringing

i could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

It's probably a combination of both. my iphone rings through bluetooth in both the camaro and the enclave. I didn't have to change any settings anywhere.

Does anybody from Cadillac who can make a change to Cue read this blog or are we just owners sharing issues and frustrations? It is fine to say the problem is the iPhone but there are tens of millions of iPhones and not even ten thousand XTS with Cue. Guess who should make the change. Why feed the Consumer Report, anti-American car machine, with another problem? Get someone at Cadillac to fix it.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by toponas View Post
    Does anybody from Cadillac who can make a change to Cue read this blog or are we just owners sharing issues and frustrations? It is fine to say the problem is the iPhone but there are tens of millions of iPhones and not even ten thousand XTS with Cue. Guess who should make the change. Why feed the Consumer Report, anti-American car machine, with another problem? Get someone at Cadillac to fix it.
    I'll get right on it.

Did you report the issue to your dealer yet?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I farted. Just get Android...

PC12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4

My Iphone 4S is the same, if I dial from the phone it takes what seems like a minute for the car to pick up and I have to select handsfree, that sucks. Also the fan does not automatically go to low when a call comes in or is placed as it did in my chev trucks and tahoe. Callers ask me to turn heater down, this was automatic on most GM cars before, pleas bring it back. I also get lots of callers saying that it sounds like I'm driving 100mph, lots of wind noise on mic and I'm in traffic. Love the car and the 4 wheel drive is unreal in the snow!! Just need some new programming on the CUE for the phone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.