XTS Engine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Engine in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am thinking of leasing an XTS, does anyone have an idea when the more powerful engine will be available....
    corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

XTS Engine

I am thinking of leasing an XTS, does anyone have an idea when the more powerful engine will be available.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Re: XTS Engine

no

on the plus side, I just learned the the minimum post length is 4 character.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

On that topic, has anyone heard more on development of a twin turbo, and if any decisions have been made for its use on future year XTSs?

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor View Post
    On that topic, has anyone heard more on development of a twin turbo, and if any decisions have been made for its use on future year XTSs?
    I think it's still just the normal rumor mill, nothing official or even 'good insider info'

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    It looks like the 2014 CTS was spied with what seems to be a TTV6. Running on the Nurburgring.

If the TTV6 is far enough along, I don't see why Cadillac wouldn't offer it. While I think the V6 does a good job currently on the XTS, a TT would open up options and make money for Cadillac...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by corvette00 View Post
    I am thinking of leasing an XTS, does anyone have an idea when the more powerful engine will be available.
    I am just speculating like everyone else here but I think The XTS will stay pat in terms of engines on the exception of a Hybrid option. I do not think we will see a TT on the XTS that will be reserved for the new 2014 CTS and the new flagship as a base engine. The only new engine will be when the XTS is replaced or moved over to the Omega platform.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Yea, I wasn't aware the XTS was getting anything other than the 3.6 V6...
    M5eater and M5eater like this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

It was talked about early in XTS development...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    At the Auto Show in Kansas City, the Cadillac rep who was touring with the displayed XTS told me they had been notified earlier that week that Cadillac was going to offer a TwinTurbo model, although they had no date information. Of course, there's no telling whether Cadillac execs have changed plans, but, for now, I'm holding off ordering, in hopes that information was correct.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

At NAIAS one of the Cadillac reps there said they were hoping to offer a turbo V6, but there was no confirmation of it. I bet they will.

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

I've heard some dealers are doing a software upgrade that adds 40hp and 40ft pounds. Around $1500. Not detectable and no effect on the warranty.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

hueterm and hueterm like this.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    I've heard some dealers are doing a software upgrade that adds 40hp and 40ft pounds. Around $1500. Not detectable and no effect on the warranty.
    I would want to see an independent dyno test documenting this. The $ amount and hp increase, but not the one for one torque increase indicated, is similar to what Volvo offers for its cars- called Polestar.

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richardbbarger
    At the Auto Show in Kansas City, the Cadillac rep who was touring with the displayed XTS told me they had been notified earlier that week that Cadillac was going to offer a TwinTurbo model, although they had no date information. Of course, there's no telling whether Cadillac execs have changed plans, but, for now, I'm holding off ordering, in hopes that information was correct.
    My terrific dealer keeps me informed and plans to order my Vsport as soon as they have order sheets.

Glad I trusted the Cadillac guy at the Auto Show, ... and I'm particularly glad I waited.

Lizbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTR White Diamond coat; 2000 DeVille. Sterling Silver.

Talking Re: XTS Engine.

Wow, a Turbo XTS. I can just see it. Driving south along the interstate outside Tampa. In the rear-view mirror I see a car zooming up behind me. Yes, it's a Turbo XTS with no driver. Wait, yes, there she is! Peering over the dash between the steering wheel is a Purple Haired lil ole lady out for Sunday drive to Sarasota for bingo. .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.