Cadillac Owners Forum banner

XTS Engine

6K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  flying fossil 
#1 ·
I am thinking of leasing an XTS, does anyone have an idea when the more powerful engine will be available.

#5 ·
It looks like the 2014 CTS was spied with what seems to be a TTV6. Running on the Nurburgring.

If the TTV6 is far enough along, I don't see why Cadillac wouldn't offer it. While I think the V6 does a good job currently on the XTS, a TT would open up options and make money for Cadillac...

#6 ·
I am just speculating like everyone else here but I think The XTS will stay pat in terms of engines on the exception of a Hybrid option. I do not think we will see a TT on the XTS that will be reserved for the new 2014 CTS and the new flagship as a base engine. The only new engine will be when the XTS is replaced or moved over to the Omega platform.

#9 ·
At the Auto Show in Kansas City, the Cadillac rep who was touring with the displayed XTS told me they had been notified earlier that week that Cadillac was going to offer a TwinTurbo model, although they had no date information. Of course, there's no telling whether Cadillac execs have changed plans, but, for now, I'm holding off ordering, in hopes that information was correct.

#14 ·
richardbbarger said:
At the Auto Show in Kansas City, the Cadillac rep who was touring with the displayed XTS told me they had been notified earlier that week that Cadillac was going to offer a TwinTurbo model, although they had no date information. Of course, there's no telling whether Cadillac execs have changed plans, but, for now, I'm holding off ordering, in hopes that information was correct.
My terrific dealer keeps me informed and plans to order my Vsport as soon as they have order sheets.

Glad I trusted the Cadillac guy at the Auto Show, ... and I'm particularly glad I waited.

#18 ·
Hello richardbbarger,

That is exciting to hear! The Vsport is definitely going to be an awesome vehicle and a true beauty :) Glad to know you are working with a terrific dealer. If there are ever any questions or concerns you have, don't hesitate to contact us. We can be reached via private message.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#15 ·
Re: XTS Engine.

Wow, a Turbo XTS. I can just see it. Driving south along the interstate outside Tampa. In the rear-view mirror I see a car zooming up behind me. Yes, it's a Turbo XTS with no driver. Wait, yes, there she is! Peering over the dash between the steering wheel is a Purple Haired lil ole lady out for Sunday drive to Sarasota for bingo. :). :cloud9:

#16 ·
Lizbill said:
Wow, a Turbo XTS. I can just see it. Driving south along the interstate outside Tampa. In the rear-view mirror I see a car zooming up behind me. Yes, it's a Turbo XTS with no driver. Wait, yes, there she is! Peering over the dash between the steering wheel is a Purple Haired lil ole lady out for Sunday drive to Sarasota for bingo. :). :cloud9:
You mean she doesn't still own her Deville?

#17 ·
I read in a couple of places that the xts will get a slightly detained version of the twin turbo v6 that will be offered in the cts v sport (not to be confused with the v) (think BMW m sport). In the cts version we're looking at 430hp and 420 torque. Or the other way around I forgot. I read the xts was looking at about 400 ponies.

----------

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2014-cadillac-xts-gets-optional-410-hp-twin-turbo-v6-engine.html

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130515/carnews/130519900

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.