XTS Trunk space vs. Lincoln MKS & DTS Trunk space
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS Trunk space vs. Lincoln MKS & DTS Trunk space in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi All, I just got back from vacation, and I was little disappointed when none of the rental car agency's ...
    mlong68 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS

Question XTS Trunk space vs. Lincoln MKS & DTS Trunk space

Hi All,

I just got back from vacation, and I was little disappointed when none of the rental car agency's didn't have my beloved DTS. Some agencies were trying to get me to rent a Chrysler 300 as a replacement to the DTS.

I end up renting a 2013 Lincoln MKS because this was the only car that had the biggest trunk space. According to the specs, they say the Lincoln is around 19.2 or .3 which I believe is the same as the DTS. When I looked at the trunk space of the MKS I was very disappointed, that it doesn't come CLOSE to the DTS.

With that said... My question today is. Does the XTS have the same trunk space the DTS or MKS?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: XTS Trunk space vs. Lincoln MKS & DTS Trunk space

Volume is just that. A square box is always going to look bigger than one with nooks and crannies. The XTS doesn't look that big, but it's incredibly deep...

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Depends on if you're loading suitcases and/or golf clubs.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Lincoln MKS has 16 cubic feet of trunk space. XTS has 18, DTS had 18.5.

The XTS's trunk is also quite a bit deeper front to back than the DTS was, so you store golf clubs front to back instead of side to side.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

GEORGEC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 DHS

The truck space in the new XTS is definitely smaller than in my current 2005 DHS. I like/need a large trunk and the XTS does not look like it will be a good match for my desires.

I tried my golf clubs in the new XTS trunk. As expected, even the long irons would not fit crosswise, even out of the bag. I then tried my driver length wise. Without it being in the bag it would barely fit in the very center. I did not try the whole bag, but have a doubt that it will fit even in dead center. This smaller trunk is certainly going to limit the usefullness of the XTS for people who golf. There is no way a couple who both golf could carry their clubs and luggage.

I am going to have to take our two normal travel suitcases and my full golf bag and try that.

The post above said the XTS trunk is deeper than the DTS. If so then the DTS must have a smaller trunk then my DeVille DHS. The XTS truck and my DHS truck are almost exactly the same depth. The XTS may be 1/2" to 3/4" longer.

Of course this is also a 4 passenger sedan as compared to our old 5 passenger. You would not want to try to put 3 adults in the back seat.

It is a very nice vehicle inside with lots of good, new features.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

I am surprised about your concerns on fitting a golf bag in the XTS. In my 2005 STS I could fit 3 full size bags with all the clubs/drivers and in a pinch with some planning I actually fit in 4 loaded bags. The STS trunk is definitely smaller than my new XTS trunk front to back and I anticipate no problems in getting several sets of loaded golf bags in the trunk. I will be glad to post pictures once my car arrives. Unless I am mistaken Caddy had an ad out which showed the XTS at a golf club with at least 3 sets of bags in the trunk. I just found the ad. Here is the url: http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/e...9_xtsgolf.html It shows 4 bags in the XTS trunk.

mlong68 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS

According to Lincoln's website the trunk space is 19.2, unless I'm reading the wrong spec. Still smaller than the DTS.

http://www.lincoln.com/cars/mks/spec...ns/capacities/

GEORGEC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 DHS

Apparently you have not seen the XTS trunk and tried to fit clubs. Do you use a full size bag or do you use the smaller carry bags. You probably could get 3 of the smaller bags in there. You could also probably get in 3 full size bags if you took out the woods and put them on top. However there would be no room left for anything else.

I am planning on ordering a 1" longer than standard Callaway Fit and that will probably require that I put that on top.

Well, we will see. My wife vetoed an STS several years ago because she felt too cramped in it. Whatever Cadillac we wind up with will be her car so she gets the final say. We have just always used the DHS on trips because it gets so much better fuel economy than my MDX.

George

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prjjokASEqo

They likely won't be making one of these ads....

Not only will the (I'm talking real world, not a staged photo op) bags not fit...but neither will the guys (unless they enjoy rubbing elbows)...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

I do use full size golf bags with regular men's driver, woods and clubs. As noted I have had no problem fitting it in my 2005 STS and have seen, driven and ordered the XTS.

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGEC View Post
    Apparently you have not seen the XTS trunk and tried to fit clubs. Do you use a full size bag or do you use the smaller carry bags. You probably could get 3 of the smaller bags in there. You could also probably get in 3 full size bags if you took out the woods and put them on top. However there would be no room left for anything else.

I am planning on ordering a 1" longer than standard Callaway Fit and that will probably require that I put that on top.

Well, we will see. My wife vetoed an STS several years ago because she felt too cramped in it. Whatever Cadillac we wind up with will be her car so she gets the final say. We have just always used the DHS on trips because it gets so much better fuel economy than my MDX.

George

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

You would think the MKS trunk was larger considering it looks like a beached whale.

Radmanna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Can anyone provide comment about toting their bicycles in an XTS trunk, and perhaps give the frame-size of your bike?

Do you have to take the front wheel off, to fit your bike inside the trunk?

Have you tried folding one or both of the rear seats down, to tote your bike with the front wheel mounted on the bike?

BluThunder84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

When I first saw the video, I thought it was strange that only the driver and 1 passenger were shown getting out of the car. Then there is the shot looking through the trunk with rear seats folded down. Looks like the 4 bags are right up to where the trunk and fold down seats meet. I suspect the rear seats need to be folded down to get the 4 bags in as shown in the video. Since the back seats form an angle from the trunk side in their normal configuration and taking into account the height of the golf bag base, I suspect you re losing about 3 inches of depth for the golf bags with seats up.

Quote Originally Posted by BluThunder84 View Post
    When I first saw the video, I thought it was strange that only the driver and 1 passenger were shown getting out of the car. Then there is the shot looking through the trunk with rear seats folded down. Looks like the 4 bags are right up to where the trunk and fold down seats meet. I suspect the rear seats need to be folded down to get the 4 bags in as shown in the video. Since the back seats form an angle from the trunk side in their normal configuration and taking into account the height of the golf bag base, I suspect you re losing about 3 inches of depth for the golf bags with seats up.
    I have easily gotten four full size golf bags (complete with all clubs and drivers) in my XTS without folding down the rear seats. Here are a couple of pictures with two sets in SilverFox's trunk (I shot these earlier, but didn't have my camera when I have taken 4 sets of clubs and players in my car), I think you can see how it would be no problem to add another two.http://i50.tinypic.com/30m97w0.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/28ckbgp.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.