Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Upgrade and change suggestions?

6K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  hueterm 
#1 ·
I have been driving the XTS for about a week. Love it so far!! This is my fourth Caddy (2001 STS, 2004 CTS, 2009 STS). As I find things I would like to suggest for future upgrades and changes, I will document them here. Maybe others can do the same.

--I miss seeing a display of the current street I am on in the Nav system when I am not going to a specific destination. Can that be added back? All my previous Caddy Nav systems had that.

Will CUE software upgrades be delivered via the network?

#5 ·
Ok, then sell ur V and get a 3.6....

Reactions: TulsaVic
#7 ·
Irrelevant. Eye gotch' ewe...!

You drive 70K/year b/c it's your job...

#9 ·
For mine, 292H/288T@4500 vs 304H/264T@5200 -- almost identical weight. No room for improvement?

I don't really care about a few MPG and would rather have the V8 for the sound, if nothing else. Admittedly, the torque steer from launch can be a real bear...

The N* is 20 years old and ancient as ewe love to tout. It was, however, exclusive to Cadillac for most of its life. The fact that they just made do w/the dime-a-dozen 3.6, whether b/c they were shortsighted, cheap, broke, or pandering to their green Gov't masters -- makes the XTS a lost opportunity. (EDIT: At least for now.)

Some people won't know the difference. Some people will know, but don't care. Some definitely care. And some go w/556 stock HP, and preach to the previously mentioned...

#11 ·
The numbers don't lie. Having it as the base engine choice is not the issue. But no turbo/supercharged 6 or N*II option is just settling (or, rewarding GM for its laziness).

In a $50-60K car...

#12 ·
well, as Donald Rumsfeld would say: You go to market with the engine you have---not the engine you might want or wish to have at a later time.

the XTS was born from bankruptcy - as messed up as that is I think we've got a great car for the circumstances

we can nit-pick the car to pieces until the cows come home but that's not going to change anything

#13 ·
That phrase came to mind when writing that...

Remember though, that the customer they need and want expects the best and does nitpick...

#15 ·
RippyPartsDept said:
well, as Donald Rumsfeld would say: You go to market with the engine you have---not the engine you might want or wish to have at a later time.

the XTS was born from bankruptcy - as messed up as that is I think we've got a great car for the circumstances

we can nit-pick the car to pieces until the cows come home but that's not going to change anything
Born from a bailout from the United States ; much better then a true bankruptcy. Had GM gone through a real bankruptcy the XTS and ATS would never be here at this time.

#16 ·
hueterm said:
That phrase came to mind when writing that...

Remember though, that the customer they need and want expects the best and does nitpick...
Good. And if they don't pick the XTS, I hope they go to whatever forums of whatever marque they bought and get their whiney butts out of here...

It's a V6. Deal.

#17 ·
For Sale: 2009 CTS-V, Black, 6-speed, Recaros. Will consider trade for new XTS -- I don't need this much HP anymore...

#19 ·
Are you kidding? I want a boattail Riv...

#21 ·
...and a GMT800 ESV...(with it's front diff already replaced...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.