XTS/CUE review on Engadget [video]
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By RippyPartsDept
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS/CUE review on Engadget [video] in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Cadillac CUE makes its way to XTS, navigates with ease in NYC (hands-on) Now, much of this may seem familiar ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

XTS/CUE review on Engadget [video]

Cadillac CUE makes its way to XTS, navigates with ease in NYC (hands-on)

Now, much of this may seem familiar -- we took a peek at CUE at last year's CTIA -- but this is the first time that we've actually had a chance to take the tech for a spin in a drivable 2013 Cadillac XTS, and New York City seems like the perfect venue for pushing the system to its limits. Inputting a destination is as simple as typing an address into Google Maps (though CUE uses a proprietary maps app based onNAVTEQ's database). As we drove from our office near Union Square to the Financial District, the car let us know when we were cutting things a bit too close, as seat vibrations alerted us to obstacles on either side. All the while, adjusting music and climate was simple as can be, and HUD-based directions gave us little excuse to look away from the busy road. After arriving at our destination, we slid on over to the passenger seat to film the action while an expert drove. If a new Caddy is in your future, you should be able to pick up a CUE-equipped car within the next few weeks. For now, you can jump past the break for a front-seat look as we cruise on through the 212.
    MacMuse and MacMuse like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: XTS/CUE review on Engadget [video]

make sure to see the very end of the video for some back up camera footage ... i like how the grid bends with your steering angle and ensures you that you are turning correctly
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Thanks for posting. Just one more reason I can't wait to get my Platinum- TPW is 7/23/2012

Cool - be sure to put up a post about it with some pics when you get it.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Will do.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    make sure to see the very end of the video for some back up camera footage ... i like how the grid bends with your steering angle and ensures you that you are turning correctly
    I think most of the GM nav systems already do this. At least the Buick, STS, CTS, and SRX I've driven did that. Even the ones with the backup screen in the rear view mirror do this as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.