What about the CD player? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, What about the CD player? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

Re: What about the CD player?

According to the dealer brochure, the Premium and Platinum models have the "14-speaker Bose Studio SurroundŽ sound system."

Also, here is a Business Wire article talking about some of the details of the system: http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...se%C2%AE-Sound

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. Funny they only talk about Centerpoint, which my STSs also have, which "fakes" surround sound from a 2 channel source, like a CD.

In the STS, that's in addition to real 5.1 channel surround sound from DTS CDs, DVD-A discs, and DVD-V discs.

Still not sure what the XTS can use for source media and if it has true multi-channel surround.

rayle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.

My coupe has the Bose 5.1 surround sound and supports DVDs, both of which are specifically listed in the dealer brochure and the owner's manual. If the XTS system was a true 5.1 surround system, you would think they would be bragging about it, but they are not.

The XTS brochure only lists CD/MP3 Player (no CD/DVD Player). The "surround sound system" is not listed as "5.1" but rather simply as "14-speaker Bose Studio SurroundŽ sound system." (I think this probably just means lots of speakers surrounding you.)

XTS CUE Manual, page 26:

CD Player

The player can be used for CD and
    MP3 audio.

The system is capable of playing:
    . Most audio CDs
    . CD-R
    . CD-RW
    . MP3 or unprotected WMA formats

Therefore, from everything I've read, it looks like this system in the higher model XTSs is not 5.1 and does not support: DTS CDs, DVD-A discs, and DVD-V discs. You should check with your dealer to be sure, though.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Very good info. Thank you. And surprising that they would not support those formats AND Blueray at this point. Must just do the "fake" Centerpoint (TM) surround.

I know most people probably don't care about true 5.1 (and that's probably what GM is thinking), but there are some of us out here. I have over 30 discs that have real surround sound for my STSs and it's awesome.

Cadillac Customer Service, feel free to comment.

Not buying soon, but always have to be looking at the next car. Might have to check out the Lincoln MKS THX certified sound system (let the flaming begin)

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    Very good info. Thank you. And surprising that they would not support those formats AND Blueray at this point. Must just do the "fake" Centerpoint (TM) surround.

I know most people probably don't care about true 5.1 (and that's probably what GM is thinking), but there are some of us out here. I have over 30 discs that have real surround sound for my STSs and it's awesome.

Cadillac Customer Service, feel free to comment.

Not buying soon, but always have to be looking at the next car. Might have to check out the Lincoln MKS THX certified sound system (let the flaming begin)
    Don't hold your breath waiting for Cadillac Cust Service. They have been useless when it comes to any product knowledge whenever I had questions. But I really enjoy having a DVD player in both my 03 Deville and my 06 DTS. Its a great feature when your on your lunch break or waiting for someone. I knew the XTS was not going to have it way back when I went to the autoshow and saw it there. I guess the thought is now you can just put everything on a flashdrive and watch whatever you want that way. I am not sure how good the quilty would be though. However I still think they should have a HDD. Being able to burn thousands of songs to your car is a really cool deal. I never had that in my Cadillac's but I have a friend that has a 10 CTS that has the nav/hdd/dvd setup. I think its more of a cost cutting thing by getting rid of the HDD and dvd player since there are still plenty of car makers, even the Buick Lacrosse that still offer in dash DVD players.

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

I do not believe the Cue system displays any video from flashdrive or SD card.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.