Adaptive Cruise Control?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Adaptive Cruise Control? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anyone know when the XTS will get Adaptive Cruise Control? The brochure says "late availability" along with some popular exterior ...
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

Adaptive Cruise Control?

Anyone know when the XTS will get Adaptive Cruise Control? The brochure says "late availability" along with some popular exterior colors. BTW, my all-time favorite Cadillac exterior color is Sapphire Blue Metallic like I had on my '03 CTS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MAC27000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Re: Adaptive Cruise Control?

I have been trying for 3 months to buy a silver XTS Premium with the Driver Assist Package (Adaptive Cruise Control). My '07 STS has it and it is a wonderful system. Three dealers gave me 3 stories on availability. I emailed Cadillac Motor Division and this was their reply:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Cadillac and for your interest in the 2013 XTS! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us and are delighted to assist you.

We are thrilled you are looking to purchase a XTS! It is an amazing vehicle. More options and features such as the Driver Assist Package and Adaptive Cruise Control are scheduled to be available this fall. Currently, we have not release details on color availability. For updates, please keep in contact with our department, our website, or with your preferred Cadillac dealer in your area.

Larger than the CTS, the new XTS delivers the space, elegance and dramatic presence that are Cadillac signatures. It offers more interior space than midsize luxury cars and comparable to full-size sedans, particularly in the rear seat area, where it has 40 inches (1,016 mm) of rear legroom.

Thank you for considering Cadillac and for giving us the opportunity to assist you. At Cadillac, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-333-4223, between 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. E.S.T., Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. E.S.T., Saturday. Thank you for contacting Cadillac!

Sincerely,

The Cadillac Marketing Team
    http://www.cadillac.com

You have received this e-mail advertising GM products and services in response to your recent request for vehicle information. Please visit http://www.gmcontactpreferences.com to opt out of receiving future e-mail messages from General Motors.

So... as of August 1, 2012, that is the story.... no SILVER or no Adaptive Cruise until the "fall".... whenever that is. Here in Arkansas, our 4 seasons are "almost summer, summer, late summer, and deer season."

I even tried to get a Platinum model since the Adaptive Cruise is standard on that one... but still no luck.

Regardless, when my model comes out, I'm getting my "6th final retirement vehicle" since 1993.... I've had 5 STS's.... what a machine !!!

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    It will be worth the wait. That drivers assistance is a fantastic safety feature and can really help avoid some parking lot "bumps ".

I'm a STS owner as well and waiting ti late fall to order my Platinum fully loaded with this feature.

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I think you are doing the right thing in waiting. Get exactly, what you want and you will always be satisfied. A year from now, you will have forgotten about, the couple of extra months you had to wait.

ultra-sport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I just had a chat with Beth at Cadillac asking about the XTS drivers assist package availiability date. She responded with a late October availiabilty. I will be waiting for that as well as the silver coast metallic paint.

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra-sport
    I just had a chat with Beth at Cadillac asking about the XTS drivers assist package availiability date. She responded with a late October availiabilty. I will be waiting for that as well as the silver coast metallic paint.
    Is that Silver coast paint different then the current silvers ?

ultra-sport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DG2

Is that Silver coast paint different then the current silvers ?
    Yes. It is more of a light gold color. That and the light leather interior really does look good, IMO.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

The Platinum was supposed to have the DA package as standard equipment and optional on the Premium from the get go, but as we all know now that was/is not the case. I guess Cadillac is waiting for the election to be over since there will be no more federal taxes for us Cadillac owners come 20 January and we all will be able to afford a new XTS Platinum AWD, or maybe two! Happy days are just around the corner. Vote and vote often.

Engelman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, I picked up my Sapphire Blue Metallic (luv the color) Platinum on saturday, Sept. 22 (TPW August 29th) and it did not have the Driver Assist Package of which the Adaptive Cruise Control is included. I don't understand the delay, a friend of mine had a 2006 Infiniti with ACC, and this is 7 years later.......

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelman
    Well, I picked up my Sapphire Blue Metallic (luv the color) Platinum on saturday, Sept. 22 (TPW August 29th) and it did not have the Driver Assist Package of which the Adaptive Cruise Control is included. I don't understand the delay, a friend of mine had a 2006 Infiniti with ACC, and this is 7 years later.......
    Any brand new feature on the car has a battery of quality control to pass. The fact that this feature is still on constraint tells me there has to be an issue and your better off without until they perfect

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelman
    Congrats ! Pictures please!

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

My platinum build date is 8/12 on my window sticker it states "driver awareness package".
    I played with Cruise control and could not find the "gap button" mentioned in manual.
    I have the collision alert button but not a gap button.
    MAC27000 and MAC27000 like this.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Quote Originally Posted by cblove View Post
    My platinum build date is 8/12 on my window sticker it states "driver awareness package".
    I played with Cruise control and could not find the "gap button" mentioned in manual.
    I have the collision alert button but not a gap button.
    These are two different and separate packages. Driver awareness has been available since the start of production. Driver assistance will be phased in starting in late October. The Cadillac website states it as standard equipment for Platinums, for orders taken now with future build dates.

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by DG2

Any brand new feature on the car has a battery of quality control to pass. The fact that this feature is still on constraint tells me there has to be an issue and your better off without until they perfect
    Yes sir. The last thing you wanna rely on and have not work is the acc. You'll be kissing the guys ass in front if you in no time. It stopped working on my parents 06 Avalon like that once. No accident thankfully. But it was a few hundred outa their pockets to fix it.

MAC27000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My "radiant silver" Platinum model was shipped this past Monday. So, it is "in the mail" as we speak. It will not have the Driver Assist Package either, but I'm sure that I will not be disappointed with that little inconvenience. I felt that they may have had quality problems so I jumped the gun and ordered the car anyway... it was #2 on my Bucket List (under "a space shuttle trip to the Moon" for a 2 week vacation).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.