Adaptive Cruise Control? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Adaptive Cruise Control? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Nice choice . You won't be disappointed....
    cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

Re: Adaptive Cruise Control?

Nice choice . You won't be disappointed.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I noticed on the Canadian Cadillac website, last week the driver assist package was included in the price of a Platinum, and this week it now is a $2600 option. Go figure.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX Premium AWD Black/Ebony w/Dr Assist & 20" Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor View Post
    I noticed on the Canadian Cadillac website, last week the driver assist package was included in the price of a Platinum, and this week it now is a $2600 option. Go figure.
    I guess Cadillac feels that not too many people will want to shell out the extra $2,600 CAN for a technology few people know about and/or have experienced. I could have had ACC on my '06 Acura RL, but was talked out of it by the salesperson as he told me I would not like it and that it was a gimmick that would not catch on. Right. I love ACC and will not buy another vehicle without it since I've had it on two other cars since then. ACC is a great safety feature and the "all speed" ACC that the XTS will have (hopefully soon) will prevent a lot of accidents along with the automatic front and rear braking. However, I can see a lot of older (70+) Cadillac buyers being wary of all the new tech the XTS has.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX Premium AWD Black/Ebony w/Dr Assist & 20" Chrome

I just got off the phone with David from the Cadillac help center. He had no clue what the Driver Assist package (I had to explain it to him) on the XTS was, so he put me on hold for a few minutes. He finally told me the package will be available "soon this fall". Doh! What a waste of my time. He also told me the package will be optional now on both the Premium and Platinum models and had no idea what it will cost.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

I noticed that too and I had ordered my XTS Platinum in the Greater Toronto Area on Aug 31/12 when it was Standard and my Sales Person told me I would come with it. Delivery was to be end of November and based on info in the forum that was probably due to the now known delay for this particular system although I was not given a reason for such a long delivery. I'm told my car has now been marked "priority" and it has a "tentative" production date for the week of Jan 7. Given that option was Standard when I signed the purchase order and was told by the dealer the car would have everything listed in the brochure, (not just this item), I should not have to pay the extra money. The only "optional" item in Aug. was the front license plate bracket at Zero cost which was listed as mandetory for Ontario.

However, it's not specifically listed on GM's Order Workbench sheet, the dealer showed me the other day - but that form is hard to compare the the website you mentioned, so I have asked the dealer to check into it to make sure with Cadillac my car has it given production date of the car is next year but that feature is now officially available, albeit now listed as an optional equipment at extra cost. Do not wish to wait 5 months just to find out I did not get what I was promised.

These are two different and separate packages. Driver awareness has been available since the start of production. Driver assistance will be phased in starting in late October. The Cadillac website states it as standard equipment for Platinums, for orders taken now with future build dates.
    That must have been for US. I do not recall having seem such info on the Canadian web site and the Brochure reads "interim availability" not "future or later availability" rather misleading. I guess that falls under "not responsible for errors or omissions etc." When I ordered my Platinum in Aug/'12 dealer stated car would come with it. Well now, after Canadian web site shows it as an $2,495 optional item, and I saw all this info on the forum, I contacted the Dealer for confirmation. They now state they will make sure I have it on the car when it "finally" is produced at the CANADIAN factory and delivered next year, but say that Cadillac states I have to now pay that extra $2.5M notwithstanding I signed the order in Aug. when such was listed as "Standard". With tax that comes to almost $3M. LOL) A very disappointing development and not in line with your comments. Will make me think twice as to using in future a GM product. Again your comments may have been true for US customers. But then we Canadian customers are always by most companies, not just GM, being less favourably treated particularly with it comes to pricing (CDN option price also higher than US as is total car), yet car produced in Canada and currency basically around par for well over 3 years, but mostly actually in favour of the C$. So why are we being charged more (at the pre-tax level)? Then there is the question: why the long wait time? Due to this item not having been available or only because I am a Canadian Customer. If the former, that I certainly should not have to pay now these extra funds. Enough of my ranting.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    3 million for a car?

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS
    Then there is the question: why the long wait time? Due to this item not having been available or only because I am a Canadian Customer. If the former, that I certainly should not have to pay now these extra funds. Enough of my ranting.
    There's a simple explanation here. Your dealer ordered a car with the Driver Assist Package, and since it hasn't been available until very recently, the order just kept getting kicked to the back of the line. Now that it's coming off constraint, the order will finally be accepted and sequenced for production.

As far as the cost difference, your dealer should have known it would be an extra cost item and not included- that's on them, not Cadillac. Sadly, these sort of things happen more than they should.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

ultra-sport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Well I picked up my XTS Platinum with Drivers Assist Package installed yesterday. The dealer is about 35 miles away so I got to use the cruise on the trip home. Man what a car. The technology is just awesome. Mine is Silver Coast Metallic with the light platinum interior. It is really a beautiful car that handles fantastic. The order time was very acceptable since I ordered it mid-November. It was an easy setup since I had all the books and CUE tutorial for several months prior to ownership. Not bad for a 65 year old. Pretty familiar prior to going to the dealership. The hardest part was setting up the garage door opener.

Quote Originally Posted by ultra-sport View Post
    Well I picked up my XTS Platinum with Drivers Assist Package installed yesterday. The dealer is about 35 miles away so I got to use the cruise on the trip home. Man what a car. The technology is just awesome. Mine is Silver Coast Metallic with the light platinum interior. It is really a beautiful car that handles fantastic. The order time was very acceptable since I ordered it mid-November. It was an easy setup since I had all the books and CUE tutorial for several months prior to ownership. Not bad for a 65 year old. Pretty familiar prior to going to the dealership. The hardest part was setting up the garage door opener.
    Enjoy your ride. Sounds like a beautiful car. Post some photos when you get a chance.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Fantastic @utra-sport. Enjoy many trouble free miles. I am lovin' SilverFox (my Platinum Radiant Silver Metalic with similar lt Platinum/dark Urban interior).

RockvilleXTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

I am enjoying my Black Diamond Platinum with Adaptive Cruise Control. It really is a marvel how the car comes to a complete stop with ACC and a slowing/stopping car in front of me (with my foot poised above the brake pedal!). I do have one question. The owners manual describes "Automatic Braking" on page 9-51. We tested this with a plastic cone at the dealership in front of the car, but it didn't automatically stop and hit the cone (driving slowly). Tried the same thing at the back, and the car stopped itself. Is Automatic Braking a reality, or is this like Auto High Beams, in the manual, but not really installed in the car?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ultra-sport View Post
    Many congratulations, ultra-sport! Thanks very much for the feedback; I'm so glad you're having fun getting acquainted with your XTS. Please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you have vehicle questions, and I can investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleXTS View Post
    I am enjoying my Black Diamond Platinum with Adaptive Cruise Control. It really is a marvel how the car comes to a complete stop with ACC and a slowing/stopping car in front of me (with my foot poised above the brake pedal!). I do have one question. The owners manual describes "Automatic Braking" on page 9-51. We tested this with a plastic cone at the dealership in front of the car, but it didn't automatically stop and hit the cone (driving slowly). Tried the same thing at the back, and the car stopped itself. Is Automatic Braking a reality, or is this like Auto High Beams, in the manual, but not really installed in the car?
    RockvilleXTS, please don't hesitate to email me with the last eight of your VIN. Then, I can check my GM resources for you and search for relevant information regarding your braking question. (While our offices are closed 12/25, I will be back 12/26 to check my emails.)

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Regarding the test, the Manual states: Adaptive Cruise Control will not detect or brake for children, pedestrians, animals, or other objects. & ACC will not set at a speed less than 40 km/h (25 mph). So is a cone "another object"? & -driving slow. But then, it worked while backing up. Interesting. Certainly am interested, as I assume others will be, in reading Katie's reply after her research.

To the best of my knowledge from what I've read elsewhere, the ACC will brake and slow the car from the front, but will not actually stop it. At slow speed in reverese, however, it will stop the car. Looking forward for confirmation from Katie on this from her sources.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.