Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone Own XTS Yet ?

34K views 137 replies 38 participants last post by  ccclarke 
#1 ·
Wondering if any members of the forum purchased XTS yet ?

#30 ·
I have been waiting for the XTS for most of this year. Now that I'm ready to buy an exact Platinum model, my local dealers don't have any and further, they say they won't place an order. They are trying to sell me the Premium. This is in the Portland, Oregon area. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to get around it? I keep getting redirected to my dealers, and they are less than helpful.

This post has been deleted
#40 ·
As much as I hate dinosaur comments I have to say that your're a dinosaur if you still want to keep paper manuals. I've got my DTS manual digital on my iPad. I wish I could have my service manuals for the DTS digitally as well. Not even 2 weeks after getting them, the service manual "broke" in two because it was so big and the bind couldn't handle the weight. Plus when I'm working on the car and using the manual, the wind keeps blowing the pages, my hands dirty up the pages as I turn them. I'd actually be more inclined to read the service manual more if it weren't so cumbersome. My job requires extensive use of 300 page manuals. I don't miss the days of yesteryear when I had to dig through these massive manuals to find my answers. Now I can carry hundreds of these manuals all at the weight of one iPad. And they're searchable PDFs, making it much easier to find what I'm looking for. When I had to help my daughter build her Lego sets, didn't need to deal with flimsy manuals. Just downloaded them and was able to zoom in and it automatically remembers what page I was on so we could take a break as needed. Using an iPad to hold your manuals is way too convenient to pass up on.

#48 ·
i think there's some sort of federal regulation that requires the owners manual

the ipad owners manual seems like it could be the future though

that way if there's any change they can just send a digital copy and not have to reprint anything
(the new subaru brz already has a recall for a faulty owners manual)

#49 ·
I worked with jet engines for 38 years and always found it easier to find something in a paper engine manual than a DVD version. The problem was the digital search functions only seem to work well when you're pretty sure where to find the information you're looking for. If you weren't, you would spend double or triple the time searching manually through the DVD version--more than it would take going through a paper copy. Since cars don't have a standardized location code (like aviation's ATA system), I have a heck of a time finding stuff in the paper version because what I think is the correct subject to search under, GM often does not.

So what am I leading to? That the ipad could become very i-nnoying if it has a poor search function.

#51 ·
If its a PDF, then you could open the file in iBooks or download the free adobe app. Both of those apps allow you to do a search of the file. What I like about the DTS manual is that Cadillac already put in bookmarks as well for the table of contents. As far as DVD based manuals, those are a slightly different animal. If the manual is so large you need a DVD to store it then I would transfer it to a hdd for speedier access. If its a software based manual, then that's different than what Cadillac and most manufacturers are offering in terms digital manuals.

#55 ·
That is what I have been hearing. Mine was ordered back in April. I may have missed it but I have not seen anyone else on the thread mention their getting delivery of an ordered Platinum prior to mine coming today. That isn't to say no one has gotten one, just no one has mentioned it on this board. :cool2: And yes my handle kipsts will be changing sometime in the near future to " "xts. :bouncy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.