Anyone Own XTS Yet ? - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Anyone Own XTS Yet ? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Congratulations @mmg! I think you will be very happy with your new XTS....
    kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: Anyone Own XTS Yet ?

Congratulations @mmg! I think you will be very happy with your new XTS.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by mmg View Post
    I am new to Cadillac, and just ordered my first one last week. It is an XTS with the premium package. My wife and I have been loyal Lexus owners for the last 20 years.
    After one test drive, we were sold on the XTS. We feel we were getting more car for the dollar, and the XTS felt like a solid well built ride.
    I made the leap (to a CTS coupe) last March after 19 years of owning Acuras.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadjiek
    How about that solid thud to those doors when you close them!!. I'm sure the seal design has alot to do with that. That is probably why KIPSTS noticed the lack of water around the door and body seals. I stil hand wash mine and I will report back on my findings too. By the way, has anybody tried to clean the inside of the rear window? Whew! It's a toughie.. Maybe Swifer makes something.LOL
    I have a cleaner that is a handle with what looks like a flat iron-shape pad on the end. The pad pivots. And you can cover it with a few included pads. Spray with window cleaner and its easy to get those back windows.

Griots Garage has them but I've seen them elsewhere...

jgray8806 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Apologies if this is out of place/line.

Recently went in to local dealerships (one in home town, other near vacation home) to inquire about the ATS, sales associate took me into an XTS in order to demonstrate what the CUE would be like. Didn't really take more than 10 seconds in the XTS to know that I couldn't have cared less when they would get the ATS on the lot. The only reason I didn't drive away with the one on the lot (premium + Sunroof) was because of the unwillingness to come to the table on a price, even at all, which I am inclined to believe was due to my age (extremely young to buy a caddy) and inability to 'play hardball' so to speak. Now I recognize several things about the model....just came out, high demand, etc. And I also realize that buying vehicles today is not the same as say 2-3-5 years ago due to factors beyond our control (I purchased an LTD '10 Chevy Malibu in '10 for some 31% off the sticker....actually w/ some GM points and a $500 trade-in, so minus those it was about 26%), but I am curious as to what other prospective buyers have felt in their experience. I do not expect anything near that discount for a cadillac (first time caddy buyer though) and I read earlier in this thread/others some have gotten maybe 1-2K off the sticker, + took some off the dealer fee. If this is inaccurate I would imagine that the best remedy would be to just wait, as another poster said once supply catches up with demand we will hold a bit more leverage. But from what I saw there were 3 XTS' on the lot + one that a gentleman was trading his '10 CTS in for, which threw me a little bit as the sales associate didn't really seem very interested in how to get me into the car. I look forward to any thoughts/opinions, and to being a fellow XTS owner in the future. Thank you kindly for your time.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

I ran into that when I bought my '05 300. Some services like USAA can get you discounts, but odds aren't too good on getting a discount at the lot. If they don't have to give you a better price to sell the vehicle, they won't.

CJM
    CJM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Yes I have the premium XTS and it is über sweet!

Sparty1993 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2010
    I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Platinum, black on black. Way excited!

docjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparty1993 View Post
    I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Platinum, black on black. Way excited!
    Congrats!!! I just got mine a couple of hours ago - also platinum, black/black! Lovely lovely car. It'll take a while to get used to CUE though!

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by docjay View Post
    Congrats!!! I just got mine a couple of hours ago - also platinum, black/black! Lovely lovely car. It'll take a while to get used to CUE though!
    Can't wait to hear an unbiased review from an owner after having it for a few months.

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    Hey!!! Wheres the analog clock at????? :-(

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    Hey!!! Wheres the analog clock at????? :-(
    119.jpg

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by jgray8806 View Post
    Apologies if this is out of place/line.

Recently went in to local dealerships (one in home town, other near vacation home) to inquire about the ATS, sales associate took me into an XTS in order to demonstrate what the CUE would be like. Didn't really take more than 10 seconds in the XTS to know that I couldn't have cared less when they would get the ATS on the lot. The only reason I didn't drive away with the one on the lot (premium + Sunroof) was because of the unwillingness to come to the table on a price, even at all, which I am inclined to believe was due to my age (extremely young to buy a caddy) and inability to 'play hardball' so to speak. Now I recognize several things about the model....just came out, high demand, etc. And I also realize that buying vehicles today is not the same as say 2-3-5 years ago due to factors beyond our control (I purchased an LTD '10 Chevy Malibu in '10 for some 31% off the sticker....actually w/ some GM points and a $500 trade-in, so minus those it was about 26%), but I am curious as to what other prospective buyers have felt in their experience. I do not expect anything near that discount for a cadillac (first time caddy buyer though) and I read earlier in this thread/others some have gotten maybe 1-2K off the sticker, + took some off the dealer fee. If this is inaccurate I would imagine that the best remedy would be to just wait, as another poster said once supply catches up with demand we will hold a bit more leverage. But from what I saw there were 3 XTS' on the lot + one that a gentleman was trading his '10 CTS in for, which threw me a little bit as the sales associate didn't really seem very interested in how to get me into the car. I look forward to any thoughts/opinions, and to being a fellow XTS owner in the future. Thank you kindly for your time.
    If you want a really good discount, just wait until the last year before the model revision. Or see how well XTS sells. If you're looking to get something within the next few weeks, getting a dealer to bend backwards to sell you one at a major discount is probably going to be hard. I got about $10k off my DTS. Most likely due to it being the last year model. Plus if you wait about 5 years, any engine or technical issues that may pop up hopefully should be addressed.

Sparty1993 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2010
    Have thoroughly enjoyed driving this car. I've never had a more luxurious vehicle before. I am loving everything about it. Still figuring out the CUE but I love having easy voice controls. Will post pics in the appropriate thread.

ladyak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none, looking into SRX or XTS.... my pops has 3 Caddy's

anyone know the rebates/incentives for the xts?

normcat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    We picked out our XTS on Friday-Premium Graphite and Black - it is gorgeous. Drive is excellent, particularly in sport mode. CUE is taking some getting used to- but we especially like the Pandora feature connnected to my iphone. Watch out with that though, it uses phone data so unless you have a plan with unlimited data, it will get very expensive very fast.
    To answer the last poster's question, there was a $1500 discount/rebate and 3.99 % for 60 months if you have good enough credit to qualify.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.