Anyone Own XTS Yet ? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Anyone Own XTS Yet ? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thanks RicktheRealtor. So far the iPad and CUE has been pretty neat. The 'training' videos or walk throughs on the ...
    kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: Anyone Own XTS Yet ?

Thanks RicktheRealtor. So far the iPad and CUE has been pretty neat. The 'training' videos or walk throughs on the iPad are a real help in understanding some of the CUE elements. An interesting app on the iPad is the OnStar which enables you to read all sorts of info (real time) on the XTS even though it is turned off and parked in the garage.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by kipsts View Post
    My Platinum XTS has LED day light running lights but the headlamps are high intensity discharge adaptive forward lighting units to the best of my knowledge (and based on both my visual check and the window sticker).
    I think he means full LED's like some of the Audi's and MB's have. Your car looks good Kip congrats on it. I do have a question since your an owner now and you bought the best model. I never looked when I test drove one, does the XTS have power folding mirrors and the Auto on/off highbeam. I know way back a few months ago there was no mention of power fold mirrors or a Intellibeam type feature. When I went online and looked at the owners manuel for the XTS it dose mention both of these options however the Cadillac.com site dose not mention it.

Thanks DTSman33. The my XTS does not have electrically folding mirrors (and it was not an option) but they do fold manually. It does apparently have the 'Intellibeam' feature on the brights/high beams when set to Auto.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by kipsts
    Thanks DTSman33. The my XTS does not have electrically folding mirrors (and it was not an option) but they do fold manually. It does apparently have the 'Intellibeam' feature on the brights/high beams when set to Auto.
    Are heads turning when your driving that beauty ?

I don't know about when I am driving SilverFox (since I am still concentrating on learning all the different options and enjoying the uber comfortable interior), but it certainly has attracted attention when it is parked. A surprising number of people have commented on how much they like the lines and its different look from everything else out there.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    That's great and lots if fun I'm sure ! They really did an awesome job on that XTS.

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

But....how does it drive? I sat in one last Friday while my car was being serviced. I was impressed with the leather dash top and door panels. Very nice touch. I think the inside is gorgeous. It's a bit cramped for my taste but I could get used to it. What about engine performance?

Thumbs up Re: Anyone Own XTS Yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by StuJac View Post
    But....how does it drive? I sat in one last Friday while my car was being serviced. I was impressed with the leather dash top and door panels. Very nice touch. I think the inside is gorgeous. It's a bit cramped for my taste but I could get used to it. What about engine performance?
    @StuJac, IMHO for most individuals, performance is a very subjective thing (unless your talking dyno, 1/4 mile times, etc.). I find my XTS to have excellent performance. I have had 7 STSs (the full mix of Northstars, V8s & V6s) prior to this XTS. Since it is only 4 days old I have not come close to 'opening' it up on a desert run, but on the expressway in D or using the paddles in M, it has plenty of power. Excellent handling, cornering and braking.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

is your platinum AWD? i can't remember if all of them are or if the AWD is separate from the platinum pkg
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hi Chris. No I did not order AWD. Not a whole lot of use for that here in the desert unless you are racing or driving through the snow in the mountains. Two things I have tried to avoid of late.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Good to hear that you find the performance to be good, especially since you've owned Northstars.
    If the handling is equally good, this can be a big seller for Cadillac. I know people who've tried out the CTS, but found it to be too small. Hopefully, this will be the perfect fit.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor
    Good to hear that you find the performance to be good, especially since you've owned Northstars.
    If the handling is equally good, this can be a big seller for Cadillac. I know people who've tried out the CTS, but found it to be too small. Hopefully, this will be the perfect fit.
    I agree with you 100%.

Having owned a few Cadillacs and one Seville with the Northstar engine myself, I was very curious about the comparison. I do love my CTS, but it's an AWD model so it feels a bit sluggish unless you slam the pedal. Now my Seville was just plain crazy I loved to hate that torque steer!

The CTS is a little on the small side cabin wise but I actually like the snug feel that I get when driving it. The XTS would probably make me feel like I was back in my Seville again, which I also like.

I think you will like it @jeffc83. However you will not IMHO find the torque steer in the XTS. If you did not know it was FWD and you just got in and drove it, you probably would not pick up on it.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by kipsts
    I think you will like it @jeffc83. However you will not IMHO find the torque steer in the XTS. If you did not know it was FWD and you just got in and drove it, you probably would not pick up on it.
    I've had a few FWD cars and have enjoyed them all I do need an oil change soon and am probably going to end up taking a test drive just for fun

In my earlier post I stated you would probably not notice any torque steer, I should modify that. In normal driving I don't think you would notice any torque steer in the XTS. This morning I did a quick avoidance maneuver to avoid someone who was not looking, nor signalling and jutted out directly in front of me. In addition to the quick steering to avoid hitting him, I boosted the power [braking was not a good option since there would have been a high probability of getting rear ended]. At some brief point in the maneuver I felt a torque tug, probably as the additional power came on. That is the first time I felt it in the five days of driving. It was not significant nor distracting. Coincidentally the accident avoidance system came on both on the HUD and with the thump from the seat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.