DTS vs XTS -comparable handling ? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, DTS vs XTS -comparable handling ? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It takes 5 years (at the very least) to bring a new car to market ... so they better be ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: DTS vs XTS -comparable handling ?

It takes 5 years (at the very least) to bring a new car to market ... so they better be working on the XTS replacement already even if it's not an Omega platform vehicle
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    It takes 5 years (at the very least) to bring a new car to market ... so they better be working on the XTS replacement already even if it's not an Omega platform vehicle
    Agreed.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Your right it does take at least 5 years. My thinking is that the XTS will fade out around 2016 or 17. That gives Cadillac plenty of time to have a new replacement ready. In fact they will have more then enough time if in fact the platform has already been in development for a year or so. The XTS was easy to bring out quick considering they had a ready and waiting platform for it. So while they had that getting ready to lauch they also had the Omega in development. Last year is when we heard a new flagship was greenlighted by GM brass. The way I see it is that what they greenlighted was a replacement for the XTS. They may have wanted it to be a mega flagship but with the market still the way it is, they most likley figured a XTS replacment was more crucial then a major flagship.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yup, that all lines up with what i've heard/read/seen

and as far as I recall the XTS and the other cars on the epsilon II platform were all in development together (early stages) when GM went bankrupt - that put quite a kink in the plans but it looks like they took their time to get it right

the way i see it most people who have a beef with the XTS were expecting it to be the flagship/omega car
    (they were expecting it to be something that it isn't and never was planned to be)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

wthomas33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 2013 XTS4 ..had 07 DTS 01 Deville 97 elDo 86 dvll

I just traded in my 2007 DTS Luxury model for a XTS AWD Luxury model. The ride between the two is night and day with the XTS winning hands down. Also, the sound proofing on the XTS is wonderful. The outside noise is really diminished.

The steering is also great in the XTS. The quick ratio steering even with 19'' rims and wide tires is effortless.

The power of the 304 HP V6 compared to the 275 HP V8 is negligible.

Yes the technology upgrade is nice, but it is not why I bought this car.

Overall, very happy with the XTS

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Congrats! Enjoy your new ride and when you get a chance post a picture or two.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    yup, that all lines up with what i've heard/read/seen

and as far as I recall the XTS and the other cars on the epsilon II platform were all in development together (early stages) when GM went bankrupt - that put quite a kink in the plans but it looks like they took their time to get it right

the way i see it most people who have a beef with the XTS were expecting it to be the flagship/omega car
    (they were expecting it to be something that it isn't and never was planned to be)
    What's funny is that my big beef with the car is just how small it is and the styling. Two of the big things people seem to bitch about the most are its not RWD and there's no V8. Well all my Caddys have been FWD so I could careless about that and yea a V8 would of been nice but I can even live with out that too. But where I have a problem with this car is on the outside not in.

Also Wthomas33 please do post some pics of ur new XTS just so we know your not a GM/Cadillac rep on here trying to defuse the forum...lol Just saying that did sound like a great sales presentation.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33

Your right it does take at least 5 years. My thinking is that the XTS will fade out around 2016 or 17. That gives Cadillac plenty of time to have a new replacement ready. In fact they will have more then enough time if in fact the platform has already been in development for a year or so. The XTS was easy to bring out quick considering they had a ready and waiting platform for it. So while they had that getting ready to lauch they also had the Omega in development. Last year is when we heard a new flagship was greenlighted by GM brass. The way I see it is that what they greenlighted was a replacement for the XTS. They may have wanted it to be a mega flagship but with the market still the way it is, they most likley figured a XTS replacment was more crucial then a major flagship.
    Great points. Also, the new 2014 CTS is being made as a direct competitor to the 5 Series and E class. So in a few short years Cadillac will finally have all the bases covered. As long as the go all the way as it appears they are ( no corner cutting) they are truly on the way to being where they belong. #1 luxury brand in the world.

wthomas33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX 2013 XTS4 ..had 07 DTS 01 Deville 97 elDo 86 dvll

I put some pics up in the top forum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.