Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Got an XTS? Post your pics here!

252K views 566 replies 182 participants last post by  Cardiaccadillac 
#1 ·
This thread is for pics of members' XTS. Post and enjoy...

#430 · (Edited)
As a matter of fact, it's scheduled to go in the body shop on Jan. 3.
It took 3 weeks for an adjuster to contact me. I had gone ahead and gotten an estimate at the shop I use. 2933 and change. The radiator and condenser got bent too.
I'm sure there's going to be a supplement turned in for all the plastic bits that are tucked up in there. The hood is raised slightly above the fender because the impact shifted it. I've seen it before when I was in the body shop business.
The impact was quite hard. It was an overly large racoon and I was going around 90. I had slowed down from 105 though.
Irresponsible driving, yes. Tons of fun, most definitely.
I've recently changed jobs so no more 45 mile high speed commuting.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Grille

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Hood Cloud Tree Sky Automotive design

#434 ·
Had my tires rotated by the Dealer today (Dec 20) which is the two year anniversary since picking up and driving home my ‘19 XTS Luxury (with some premium and platinum options). The best vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Dec 20/19

Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

Two years and a few personal touches later - grille, chrome delete, ceramic tint on windows, and a few others.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Window Grille

#438 ·
Heavens no. If I would want to pay the difference between aftermarket and GM they would.
What I do know is that I had more problems with fitting of factory parts than with aftermarket when I was in the business. Up to and including a Cadillac hood.
My gramps always said that they were factory seconds and I'm pretty sure he was correct. Our family had a dealership in the 60s and 70s and he said they were always bad.
I personally don't mind. It's a '13 with 144,000+ and I plan on driving it until it won't go anymore.

#441 ·
I have faith in the place I use.
I don't want to pony up the extra monies for genuine either.
A lot of the old vehicles we restored we would fabricate or acquire pieces we needed.
We could usually hunt up after market for 2nd and 3rd gen pickup trucks.
We did a '50 Mercury once and I had to splice two rear fenders together to make one good one.

#442 ·
Yes, I understand the money part of it. Probably in a few years these cars may be hitting the You- Pull- It junk yards, a great source for reasonably priced parts. I do not restore classics anymore, too much money and they take up a lot of room that I do not have. I just finished restoring a Cub Cadet Garden Tractor, it was fun and satisfied the itch to work on something.

#451 ·
Thanks! Graphics and photography is a hobby for me.
My career was in the Dept. of Justice investigating and writing comprehensive reports for the Court on young offenders who had committed a first time murder.