Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Got an XTS? Post your pics here!

252K views 566 replies 182 participants last post by  Cardiaccadillac 
#1 ·
This thread is for pics of members' XTS. Post and enjoy...

#382 ·
Glenn, It's always a gamble when you purchase a car sight-unseen. I've done this a couple of times and had good outcomes both times; the last time flew to Detroit to pick up a very low mileage 08 SRX in the sport trim and a 03 Jaguar S type - had it shipped from New Jersey.
This xts is suppose to be a one-owner, very well taken care of. The dealership raised the car's online price $1,200 a few hours after I put my deposit down. They guarantee my price and are paying my wife and I's airfare from Boise to Seattle. Hope all goes well. I'll post when I get back home from Seattle. I hope it's all good on the way home. Not sure if I'm going to purchase an extended warranty. Any thoughts on it would be appreciated. Thanks, Gary

#383 ·
The drive home should be nice. Having AWD is a plus for the mountain passes this time of year. Deadman is probably worse than Snoqualmie. I flew to PA and bought my car from a dealer there. I had the car shipped to me. Mine had 88K miles on it at the time (Dec 2020) and I decided against buying an extended warranty. I'm now nearing 104K miles and have only had to replace the battery since I've owned the car. I guess it depends on your level of comfort with the possibility of a major repair being needed.

#384 ·
That's a sweet one!
I guess I got lucky when I stumbled across my '13 XTS Luxury. I had driven to Springfield MO (about 100 miles from me) to pick up an '11 DTS but the deal went sour.
I was bound and determined to come home with a Caddy so I went to the dealership there and they had one used XTS w/89,000 miles.
I've had it three years and rolled into 140,000 miles yesterday. I drive 95 miles a day commuting. I love it and I want to get another.
Good luck on your journey home! 🇺🇸

#386 ·
Got back home this afternoon around 3pm Boise time. My expectations concerning the XTS and the dealership exceeded my expectations ( and that's not often the case when I am car dealing). The car was a 9 out of 10. It drives like a dream, I love the 20 inch wheels which only come with the platinum trim level. It rides like a big, heavy car, but feel like a much smaller car, quick, nimble and quiet. Probably the quietest car I have ever driven/rode in. The only exterior concern was some of the wheels had very small curb scrape and a couple of the wheels had minor peeling paint. These wheels are painted alloys! They are paying for the repainting of all four wheels here in Boise. They could not find the 2nd key fob that came with the car and if they can't find it (the dealership is going through a huge remodeling and they thought it just got misplaced in the mess that the place is in) . They will order a new one and send it to me. They also put a new battery in the car as well as had the rear brakes serviced; turned the rotors and new pads. They washed/detailed it again and filled it up with gas for our 7 hour road trip back to Boise. They reimbursed us for our airfare, more than I had originally quoted them because I had booked the Saturday a week later than yesterday, duh. How did I do that? So the total reimbursement for my wife and I was over $400.
I did purchase the extended warranty but it is refundable/prorated at any time. I will have any/all service done at the Boise Cadillac here. I might just drive it for a few months and see if anything major happend and then cancel it. I'm not sure yet. The dealership even said a lot of people do that. I just wanted to be covered on the way back to Boise in case something happened. Once I get to know the car I might cancel it.
My family can't believe it is a2013. They said it looks brand new, but they don't know Cadillac's very well. It has plenty of power, I was surprised since it is the not twin-turbo that came out in 2014. I love the package alert systems. The adaptive cruise control rocks. Saves so much effort in passing others on a long stretch of interstate and the truck.
The VUE is awesome, it just takes some time getting to learn how it all works and a little patience, that's all. The Bose 14 speaker sound system is an absolute concert hall in your car.
I really don't have any complaints (yet). The titanium white pearlized paint is a real knock out. Love it.
One last thing, we financed about 2/3rds of the car. We were told 3.49%/60mos. interest, but the dealership got us 1.99%. WOW. I'd better stop, you all will think I'm bragging. The beautiful snowfall over snaqualimie pass in easter Washington, just an hour east of Seattle was breath taking. I'm glad we didn't drive it the night before.
Let me know your thoughts or questions. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone.

#389 ·
Got back home this afternoon around 3pm Boise time. My expectations concerning the XTS and the dealership exceeded my expectations ( and that's not often the case when I am car dealing). The car was a 9 out of 10. It drives like a dream, I love the 20 inch wheels which only come with the platinum trim level. It rides like a big, heavy car, but feel like a much smaller car, quick, nimble and quiet. Probably the quietest car I have ever driven/rode in. The only exterior concern was some of the wheels had very small curb scrape and a couple of the wheels had minor peeling paint. These wheels are painted alloys! They are paying for the repainting of all four wheels here in Boise. They could not find the 2nd key fob that came with the car and if they can't find it (the dealership is going through a huge remodeling and they thought it just got misplaced in the mess that the place is in) . They will order a new one and send it to me. They also put a new battery in the car as well as had the rear brakes serviced; turned the rotors and new pads. They washed/detailed it again and filled it up with gas for our 7 hour road trip back to Boise. They reimbursed us for our airfare, more than I had originally quoted them because I had booked the Saturday a week later than yesterday, duh. How did I do that? So the total reimbursement for my wife and I was over $400.
I did purchase the extended warranty but it is refundable/prorated at any time. I will have any/all service done at the Boise Cadillac here. I might just drive it for a few months and see if anything major happend and then cancel it. I'm not sure yet. The dealership even said a lot of people do that. I just wanted to be covered on the way back to Boise in case something happened. Once I get to know the car I might cancel it.
My family can't believe it is a2013. They said it looks brand new, but they don't know Cadillac's very well. It has plenty of power, I was surprised since it is the not twin-turbo that came out in 2014. I love the package alert systems. The adaptive cruise control rocks. Saves so much effort in passing others on a long stretch of interstate and the truck.
The VUE is awesome, it just takes some time getting to learn how it all works and a little patience, that's all. The Bose 14 speaker sound system is an absolute concert hall in your car.
I really don't have any complaints (yet). The titanium white pearlized paint is a real knock out. Love it.
One last thing, we financed about 2/3rds of the car. We were told 3.49%/60mos. interest, but the dealership got us 1.99%. WOW. I'd better stop, you all will think I'm bragging. The beautiful snowfall over snaqualimie pass in easter Washington, just an hour east of Seattle was breath taking. I'm glad we didn't drive it the night before.
Let me know your thoughts or questions. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone.
WOW! That is Service x 3! Congrats on your new ride. I agree, big car but handles small and nimble.

Reactions: Space Cowboy
#388 ·
Sweet!
As they say in our neck of the woods, "Winner, winner chicken dinner."
It's nice to know that there are dealerships that will go above and beyond to satisfy a customer. I guarantee none of the dealerships in our area would have done any of the things that the dealership did for you!
And I concur about the XTS being big and nimble. I know mine sure is.
Happy motoring. 🇺🇸

#399 ·
Interesting. I've heard that the 20's ride is a bit harsh. The dealership where I bought it from is paying to have the curb rash fixed. They are having all four repainted. I'll give it some thought but I just don't want to put out the cash for four new wheels and tires. Thanks for your response.

#402 ·
I'm still in shock at how well the dealership treated you! One of them around here might do that on a brand new Caddy but not a used one. But I do live in a very rural area and that might make a big difference.
You haven't mentioned the secret compartment. I think it's the coolest but unnecessary part of the car! I keep gum and sunglasses in mine.

#408 ·
the XTS looks awesome in any color. I think the platinum trim is worth the time/effort in finding one. I just love the interior, the special lighting, and the suede ceiling material. I have the all wheel drive with the 20" wheels. I didn't start out to find an all wheel drive model, but I'm glad I did living here in Idaho where it snows and gets icy at times. I hope you will love your XTS as much as I do mine.

#409 · (Edited)
Thanks, after 4 1/2 years we still like the car as much as the day we brought it home. This one is FWD and that is what I wanted because it has the lane keep assist. It is my second car and is really for pleasure driving and trips so it is stored inside and driven on nice days. There is not a mark in it and is still in as new condition. I was originally looking for a black on black car but when one is not ordering a car one buys what they can live with. It is Dark Adriatic Blue with Light Platinum interior that I wound up liking more than black on black, no regrets there. Got a good price on it because it was a new last years model and I traveled 600 miles to make the purchase. I plan on keeping it a long time. I have been busy with other things but am now getting back to enjoying the car, and yes they are great cars in my opinion.

#412 ·
So this happened Tuesday morning on my commute to work at about 5:30 a.m.
I commute 45 miles with about 30 of it through farm/cattle country. It's pitch black and lots of wildlife.
The largest racoon I've seen tried to race to the other side of the road.
This is after I shoved it back up to hang on.
Waiting on the adjuster to call . . .
Sorry to hear and see this, but looks like an easy repair. I live rural and the stretch of highway leading to my place has one of, if not the highest vehicle-animal collision rates, mostly deer, but some black bear as well. Most occur at night or dawn or dusk.
As well, in winter this highway can get pretty icy and snowy with the open prairie and wind blowing across the highway. If a semi passes you (which it will because they all speed but never get ticketed by the RCMP!) at night on an even slightly snowy highway it's white out for 5 -10 seconds due to the headlights reflecting off of the stirred up snow - downright scary.

Reactions: Space Cowboy
#411 ·
Same thing happened to me with my Pontiac Gran Am when I hit a chicken a few years back. It ran across the road and turned around so fast there was nothing I could do. Looked in my rear view mirror and there a was a good size puff of white feathers.