Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Got an XTS? Post your pics here!

252K views 566 replies 182 participants last post by  Cardiaccadillac 
#1 ·
This thread is for pics of members' XTS. Post and enjoy...

#273 ·
My vehicle came with the factory molded painted splash guards, I just didn't like the way they looked and had the dealer take them off.

I mean, they look as good as splash guards could look, I just didn't like how they broke up the car. I think it looks cleaner without them, and they were not quite big enough that I thought they were going to have a significant impact.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Mid-size car

#274 · (Edited)
My vehicle came with the factory molded painted splash guards, I just didn't like the way they looked and had the dealer take them off.

I mean, they look as good as splash guards could look, I just didn't like how they broke up the car. I think it looks cleaner without them, and they were not quite big enough that I thought they were going to have a significant impact. View attachment 577475
Not sure how painted ones would look on yours, but the black ones on Raven Black from what I've seen blend in very well. Also, these tires stick out from half way down to the bottom of the rear 1/4 panel, so one can hardly see the splash guard from the rear. Somewhat the same for the front.
Where I live, in winter I'm getting a lot of ice, snow and sand on the rocker panels and underneath the car near the front wheel well, and doors. From what others have said the splash guards greatly reduce this as well as paint chips and wear. Clear bra would help with the wear but not the splash and build up of junk.

Nice XTS you have. What percentage of tint on the windows? I plan on getting mine tinted. Did you also tint the ultraview (assuming you also have one)?

Reactions: 07-STS
#278 ·
Photos are after about 2.5 hours of driving in slush, water and snow both city and highway. The guards really cut down on the amount of splash and crud on the vehicle. Before they were on, there would be ice and sand on the front and rear fenders behind the wheel wells, on the rocker panel and under the car front and rear (mini glacier and stalactites going on there, lol), splash about 1/3 up the front door and on the rear fender. They blend well with the car/tires and unless really looking, don’t notice them.
The dealer put them on and charged $60.00 which I thought was reasonable and saved me a lot of time and work.

#295 ·
Very nice, beautiful backdrop.

Did you use vinyl for the chrome delete? I've had mine done - the two chrome bumper inserts. Next is a black honeycomb grill. I like the Cadillac badge too much to black that out, and I like the grill surround, so will be keeping that in the satin chrome. My wheels I like in the satin chrome too, so that stays as well. I took off the AWD on the back and the Dealership badge of course, but kept the XTS and 3.6 badges.