Cadillac XTS Pricing and Deals
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac XTS Pricing and Deals in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello all, Visited three dealerships in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) during the last several days. All were selling at MSRP ...
    marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Cadillac XTS Pricing and Deals

Hello all,

Visited three dealerships in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) during the last several days. All were selling at MSRP and around $700 Dealer Fee.

Has anyone gotten any kind of deal on any model of the XTS?

FYI: For prospective buyers that are either USAA or Pentagon Federal Credit Union members their websites just went live with the XTS listed in the Car Buying Service. I configured a Premium with Red Tintcoat and Sunroof and the discount was about $1,700 off MSRP (including destination). Got a call from a local dealership about 2 minutes later and was told they would honor the price when the vehicle arrived or I ordered one. I was also told that USAA members pay a Dealer Fee of a flat $75.00.

Hope this information is of use to some prospective buyers.

Have a great 4th of July weekend and God Bless America.

Pete

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Re: Cadillac XTS Pricing and Deals

This is a great post. Thanks for the information.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Don't be expecting bigtime money back type deals on a new model release... just saying.
    Reducing that dealer fee down is pretty good though!

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

That may works on a straight buy but if you trade they will take the $1,700 off the trade. Get a price on your trade from the MSRP dealers first. The reduced dealer fee is good.

Hello All (original poster here)

So the dealership that would honor the USAA Car Buying Certificate was family owned and not getting many XTS's. In reality I could not buy the car I wanted from them due to lack of availability.
    Hmmm, what to do. Started calling and going to dealerships with the certificate to see if anybody would honor it (sort of a game for me). No luck. However, yesterday afternoon I got a call from a dealership about 30 miles away (don't know how or where they got my name, nor do i care). We got to talking because they had a Premium, with Sun Roof, Electric Rear Shade and Compact Spare in Black Raven with Camel Interior. MSRP $56,555. Drove to dealer this afternoon and negotiated a 3% discount which was about equal to the USAA Discount and a $300 Dealer Fee vs $649 (but not the $75 fee at the original dealer). I was trading a 2008 STS w/1sb and Luxury Package, Sunroof, Navigation, Red Tintcoat, 22k miles and pretty decent, albeit original tires. They offered $17,600 for trade. No way, I walked. On the way home I passed a Car Max so in I went for appraisal. Got $21,200 in writing, went back to dealership, they upped trade to $19k telling me I would get the remainder on the sales tax break between new and trade in. Screw that. I made it half way to my car to go home for good and the salesman came out and said they would do the deal.

Gave them a deposit and picking car up tomorrow because it was 3PM and they closed at 4pm.

Of course when supply catches up with demand it will be easier to negotiate.

I'm a happy camper. If anything goes awry at the dealer tomorrow I'll post it.

And just for the record, I am not posting to gloat or whatever, just to share my story with fellow enthusiasts and/or prospective XTS buyers.

Pete

Marco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville

Thanks for the info Pete!
    While I'm not in the market for an XTS right now, it's always good to share the details on how deals get done.
    Congrats! Hope it brings years of enjoyment.

Hello (original poster here),

So I got the car, all went as described above, in and out of the dealership in 2 hours which would have been 1.5 hours if I didn't have to listen to the pitch for extended warranty, sealant, etc.

My 2008 STS was great. I've had the XTS Premium 5 days and can say, thus far, for me, its a more fun and elegant car to drive. Manual/Sport mode with the Paddle Shifters works well and is fun, like it much more the than stick +up -down. Very tight and quiet, seemed a bit slower than the STS but I had my wife time me on a marked (for me) street and 0 to 60 was the same. The STS topped out at 125mph with W rated tires. The XTS has R rated tires so not sure about top speed yet. All the bells and whistles to include C.U.E. are a bit overwhelming at first but I am slowly figuring everything out without the paper or iPad manual (of course). I put my foot in it a several times on dry pavement and did not experience wheel torque, wet will probably be another story. I don't get all the comments about the cabin being cramped. I'm 6'1" , 230lbs and fit with room to spare, with no feeling of claustrophobia, but hey, to each his own. Had it hand striped yesterday, looks sharp. When the new aftermarket grilles are available for the XTS I'll pick one out and I think that will be the last mod. But the way, the night lighting is really sharp and the interior, well, for an American car, its as good as it gets.

Just sharing, I'll try to answer any questions.

Pete

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Good stuff.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Pete,
    Was your STS the V6 also? You mentioned it felt about the same off the line, with similar times?

Hello Rickthe Realtor,

Yes, 2008 STS 300HP DFI V6. I ran the 0 to 60 3 times. All 3 were identical to the STS, of course that assumes that both speedometers were accurate. I will say the XTS "felt slower" but I firmly believe that's due to the quiet cabin and tight build of the chassis. BTW I ran apples to apples in "Drive" not Manual/Sport mode in the XTS.

Pete

Dad7159 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS 1se
    So your saying the interior is not in the same league as other cars in it's price range?

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Sounds beautiful. Good luck and congratulations !

blkcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marathonman89
    Hello All (original poster here)

So the dealership that would honor the USAA Car Buying Certificate was family owned and not getting many XTS's. In reality I could not buy the car I wanted from them due to lack of availability.
    Hmmm, what to do. Started calling and going to dealerships with the certificate to see if anybody would honor it (sort of a game for me). No luck. However, yesterday afternoon I got a call from a dealership about 30 miles away (don't know how or where they got my name, nor do i care). We got to talking because they had a Premium, with Sun Roof, Electric Rear Shade and Compact Spare in Black Raven with Camel Interior. MSRP $56,555. Drove to dealer this afternoon and negotiated a 3% discount which was about equal to the USAA Discount and a $300 Dealer Fee vs $649 (but not the $75 fee at the original dealer). I was trading a 2008 STS w/1sb and Luxury Package, Sunroof, Navigation, Red Tintcoat, 22k miles and pretty decent, albeit original tires. They offered $17,600 for trade. No way, I walked. On the way home I passed a Car Max so in I went for appraisal. Got $21,200 in writing, went back to dealership, they upped trade to $19k telling me I would get the remainder on the sales tax break between new and trade in. Screw that. I made it half way to my car to go home for good and the salesman came out and said they would do the deal.

Gave them a deposit and picking car up tomorrow because it was 3PM and they closed at 4pm.

Of course when supply catches up with demand it will be easier to negotiate.

I'm a happy camper. If anything goes awry at the dealer tomorrow I'll post it.

And just for the record, I am not posting to gloat or whatever, just to share my story with fellow enthusiasts and/or prospective XTS buyers.

Pete
    So your discount was about $2050 total?

Hello, (original poster here),

Dad7159: Its the best quality interior "I" have seen on any American car. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I for one think it looks great and I liked it better than any car I shopped or perused in the passed (and there have been many, many, many). Aesthetics aside and IMO, the materials and workmanship are at least as good or better as the Audi A/6 - A/8, BMW 535i/700 series, Lexus GS350, Infinity G and M Series and the Mercedes E550. The Telemtatics (CUE) sets the car apart from any other aforementioned vehicles in that department. The Voice Recognition (VR) rates an 8 out of 10 (My 2008 STS was a .5 out of 10). Bluetooth syncs immediately, and if you are pairing a smart phone it downloads (if you want) all your contact which then can be accessed by VR. I have 800 MP3s on a a 16 GP SD Card that goes into a slot in the console flush with the side not sticking out like a USB Drive would, and it too cann all be accessed from CUE. I get that CUE will not be for everyone, but it is for me. No other car on the road today has the connectivity the XTS has and we are not even talking about On-Star here. I guess I sound like a Fan Boy but I really like the car. The one thing i don't like is: On the STS when I was in proximity of the front doors i could just pull the handle to open them, on the XTS I have to push a button on the handle to open the door. No bit deal, yet annoying.

blkcaddy: Your math was right on, the total discount would have been $2052.00. However, there were some fees (Lemon Law fee, Lead Acid Battery Fee, Electronic Registration Filing Fee) totaling $48.00 so the discount was $2004.00. I told the business manager that I felt like I was getting pecked to death by ducks, that got a good laugh and 2 Passes to Disney theme parks (retail value approximately $180.00)

Pete

Dad7159 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS 1se
    [QUOTE="marathonman89"]Hello, (original poster here),

Dad7159: Its the best quality interior "I" have seen on any American car. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I for one think it looks great and I liked it better than any car I shopped or perused in the passed (and there have been many, many, many). Aesthetics aside and IMO, the materials and workmanship are at least as good or better as the Audi A/6 - A/8, BMW 535i/700 series, Lexus GS350, Infinity G and M Series and the Mercedes E550. The Telemtatics (CUE) sets the car apart from any other aforementioned vehicles in that department. The Voice Recognition (VR) rates an 8 out of 10 (My 2008 STS was a .5 out of 10). Bluetooth syncs immediately, and if you are pairing a smart phone it downloads (if you want) all your contact which then can be accessed by VR. I have 800 MP3s on a a 16 GP SD Card that goes into a slot in the console flush with the side not sticking out like a USB Drive would, and it too cann all be accessed from CUE. I get that CUE will not be for everyone, but it is for me. No other car on the road today has the connectivity the XTS has and we are not even talking about On-Star here. I guess I sound like a Fan Boy but I really like the car. The one thing i don't like is: On the STS when I was in proximity of the front doors i could just pull the handle to open them, on the XTS I have to push a button on the handle to open the door. No bit deal, yet

I thought "good for an American car" meant substandard. My misunderstanding
    I agree the interior is very well done. The XTS exterior is also beautifully styled. I will be buying one in January. Can't wait! Enjoy your beautiful new car!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.