Cadillac XTS Pricing and Deals - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Cadillac XTS Pricing and Deals in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello, I used the USAA and Penfed pricing to leverage the dealer on the sell price and CarMax to leverage ...
    marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Re: Cadillac XTS Pricing and Deals

Hello,

I used the USAA and Penfed pricing to leverage the dealer on the sell price and CarMax to leverage the trading in value. Financed the car myself, but interestingly the Business Manager at the dealership offered me a better rate than either Penfed or USAA to finance with GMAC for 60 or 72 months.

As an aside. Interesting that you own and and are looking at the ES350 which rides on a Camry chassis. There is a parallel here in that the XTS to the best of my knowledge rides on a Buick Lucerne chassis. I don't know that it matters is either case. As for the XTS the ride is very quite, smooth, tight and most importantly for me me, comfortable. I'm not a street racer any more, but I do get on it now and then and the car pulls strong up to about 80 MPH. That's about where the torque curve flattens out when my foot is still in it. I have got it up to 120mph and it's quieter than my STS and I don't sense any float in the car. This was all done on dry road surfaces. Don't think I'll be doing any speed tests on the wet surfaces.

Good luck on whichever choice you make.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    XTS is on the Super Epsilon platform, which is a larger version of the Buick Lacrosse.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Lexus makes a quality but boy are they boring in the styling department. yawn......
    Hughh and Hughh like this.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by DG2
    Lexus makes a quality but boy are they boring in the styling department. yawn......
    Which is why I'm surprised I drove an RX for years...plain interior and boring exterior. I'm still trying to remember what made me purchase it...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughh

Sorry, I don't know where you live, but here in North Texas, RX Lexus is the ultimate housewife/soccer mother vehicle. No offense intended, but that's the reality around here. Both of my daughters-in-law drive RX and wouldn't be seen on anything else. I have to say, one of them test drove the Cadillac SRX and love the way it drove as well as the interior. However, she just didn't like the angular styling.

Very few crossover vehicles I would consider purchasing. Volvo XC60 with all wheel drive and over 300 hp turbo heads the list, followed by the Audi and new BMW 3 series crossovers.
    Lol, none taken. I live in southeastern PA and the RX is certainly not a chick car around here...i see just as many guys driving them as women. Around here, the typical soccer mom drives either a van or any type of HUGE SUV. (none seem to drive the smaller SUVs) Interestingly enough, my friends and family make fun of me because my neighbor drives a first gen CTS and is a 66 year old woman and of course I drive a second gen. To each his own I guess. (or her in my neighbors case)

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I think the demographics on the Lexus RX shows it is no doubt a chic car. I recall 67% of purchasers of the RX are female. Where I live on NY I will tell you I only see woman driving the RX. Not that there's anything wrong with owning one if your male.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by marathonman89 View Post
    Hello (original poster here),

Had it hand striped yesterday, looks sharp.

Pete
    Hi Pete, would you put up a picture or two of your striping on your XTS? Thanks!

Attached are pics of the XTS hand painted striping I had done per kipsts' request. Also is a pic of one of the black STS-V hubcaps I replaced the stock chrome hubcapsIMG_4245.jpgIMG_4246.jpgIMG_4247.jpgIMG_4249.jpgIMG_4244.jpg with.

Click on picture to enlarge.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Thanks Pete. Nice looking job!

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

No offense, but I think most of us are less interested in how the pin striping looks and more interested in how the car looks with pin striping. Could you set back about 15 feet and try again??

Quote Originally Posted by Hughh

Yes, 67% of purchasers are women and the probably 99% of male purchasers do so for their wives.
    Most young women around here would rather drive a truck, rather than a van. However, once they become matronly and have a family, age starts creeping in, they don't seem to mind a van.

Reason the Lexus RX is so popular with women, besides status symbol, is that they are so easy to drive. They can sit high and especially around parking lots, they can almost steer with a finger. Also, they get a lot of attention whenever they have to go in for service, the star treatment, plus getting another LX loaner, free car washes anytime, etc.
    The reason why I did like it was the reliability, comfort and features. I only had the RX from 2007-2009 and have always kept my vehicles longer...but, I'm not one to want to sit high so in 09, I traded it for a Maxima. That too was a nice car but am glad I came back to Cadillac as the CTS is exactly what I wanted

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Yes, more pics from further back, please...

Point taken. Tomorrow when it's not raining here I will take pics showing how the car looks with the striping.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.