Just went to dealership2 C Xts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Just went to dealership2 C Xts in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    BlackonblackDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

Just went to dealership2 C Xts

Ok just got home. Dealer told me car wasn't ready. I told them I drove a long way and would just go to another dealer. He said the car was there but not ready? Came back and said follow me. Drove around back and she was there still with Plastic covering the the car. At first sight I thought the car was too small. When I was inside the car it was even smaller. I am used to my big DTS. I am going to stick with my current DTS for now. One thing that I thought was a mistake was the reverse light on the rear bumper being on the very bottom center of the bumper. This is a big mistake. I feel if a pedestrian is in a parking lot walking behind the car, they will not be able to see the reverse light and the car reversing. This car in my opinion, is basically a Buick Lacrosse. If you do not think so, then show me how the caddillac xts is $30,000 more than the Buick Lacrosse. Basically I feel the new Cadillac Xts is just a Cadillac CTS with an extended wheelbase. Yes this car is a wonderful addition to the Cadillac lineup, but still leaves a void in the generation X customer. another odd feature on the exterior is the front fender yellow Blinkerlight located on the wheel well. On the interior the faux suede roof liner is nothing special to me. It looks and feels faux and does nothing for me. The Real wood on the – steering wheel and front and rear doors is very nice but looks almost the same as the fake wood inside my DTS. One aspect of the design of the DTS is the placement of the rear license plate. I like how the license plate on my DTS has been draw to the center of the rear bumper. Before purchasing the X TS I feel one should look at the Buick lacrosse or the CTS. I can only pray that in 2015 the new flagship Cadillac will feel more like my DTS then the Cadillac CTS.
    texmaster and texmaster like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    I don't disagree, but to be fair, DTS and Lucerne were as closely related...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Just went to dealership2 C Xts

Faux suede on the roof... so it wasn't a Platinum with the Alcantra.

And who cares about the reverse light being low; if someone in a parking lot can't tell a car is backing up without having a visible light on, maybe they shouldn't be walking in a parking lot.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

MD-11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS Coupe, 12 CTS-V Sedan

Actually i think the XTS has a smaller wheelbase compared to the CTS

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MD-11
    Actually i think the XTS has a smaller wheelbase compared to the CTS
    There is a problem when comparing wheelbases from a FWD car to a RWD one. Packaging. The ability of a cab-forward design(thanks Chrysler) is that your usually allowed more space in FWD cars.

I know presence is a big deal. However, useful space is needed. My Town Car is huge. But I look at the good foot of space between the radiator and engine, the protruding bumpers. It's an old car that needs more space for safety equipment.

My CTS is about 3.5 ft shorter. But, if you just stretched it out 1.5 ft, it would have the same back seat legroom as the Town Car.

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

I doubt that the XTS costs $30,000 more to build over the Buick. It may have $7,500 in extra tech and materials. If you like the styling and CUE and want a Caddy, then it is worth the premium. Plus, it comes with a free iPad!

Cadillacdts01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 cadillac deville, 2001 cadillac dts
    I agree I love my cadillac dts it's really comfortable and large. But these days people want smaller more fuel efficent cars which is why the cts is so popular. I ordered my xts and I agree it is smaller then a dts but then again lts not a dts in my opinion the xts is a sts replacement....the dts replacement will probably be the LTS

texmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by BlackonblackDTS View Post
    Ok just got home. Dealer told me car wasn't ready. I told them I drove a long way and would just go to another dealer. He said the car was there but not ready? Came back and said follow me. Drove around back and she was there still with Plastic covering the the car. At first sight I thought the car was too small. When I was inside the car it was even smaller. I am used to my big DTS. I am going to stick with my current DTS for now. One thing that I thought was a mistake was the reverse light on the rear bumper being on the very bottom center of the bumper. This is a big mistake. I feel if a pedestrian is in a parking lot walking behind the car, they will not be able to see the reverse light and the car reversing. This car in my opinion, is basically a Buick Lacrosse. If you do not think so, then show me how the caddillac xts is $30,000 more than the Buick Lacrosse. Basically I feel the new Cadillac Xts is just a Cadillac CTS with an extended wheelbase. Yes this car is a wonderful addition to the Cadillac lineup, but still leaves a void in the generation X customer. another odd feature on the exterior is the front fender yellow Blinkerlight located on the wheel well. On the interior the faux suede roof liner is nothing special to me. It looks and feels faux and does nothing for me. The Real wood on the – steering wheel and front and rear doors is very nice but looks almost the same as the fake wood inside my DTS. One aspect of the design of the DTS is the placement of the rear license plate. I like how the license plate on my DTS has been draw to the center of the rear bumper. Before purchasing the X TS I feel one should look at the Buick lacrosse or the CTS. I can only pray that in 2015 the new flagship Cadillac will feel more like my DTS then the Cadillac CTS.
    Thanks very much for the info! As a fellow DTS owner you confirmed my fears about this new line.

really glad I bought one of the last DTS Platinums. I'm hoping GM actually gets a replacement for this line in 2 years, give 2 years to work the bugs out and I'll be ending my warranty on my current DTS and ready for a replacement.

I don't remember DTSs selling for $80G. You DTS guys ready for that? The "LTS" won't be a DTS replacement except for the fact it will be big.

GooseDaPlaymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I don't remember DTSs selling for $80G. You DTS guys ready for that? The "LTS" won't be a DTS replacement except for the fact it will be big.
    I agree. The DTS, in my humble opinion, filled a void in Cadillac's automotive lineup that did well for its intended audience. It's a different Cadillac time, now. To paraphrase an earlier poster, when you get inside a DTS, it didn't say "21st Century", like an SRX or CTS. As much as I might not have been a fan of the DTS, I respected what it stood for. It's just time to..."evolve"...I guess is what Cadillac is saying.

As far as the LTS "replacing" the DTS. If it looks anything like (or priced like) the Ciel, lol. It DEFINETELY has all the right in the world to be of its own model...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    There is a problem when comparing wheelbases from a FWD car to a RWD one. Packaging. The ability of a cab-forward design(thanks Chrysler) is that your usually allowed more space in FWD cars.

I know presence is a big deal. However, useful space is needed. My Town Car is huge. But I look at the good foot of space between the radiator and engine, the protruding bumpers. It's an old car that needs more space for safety equipment.

My CTS is about 3.5 ft shorter. But, if you just stretched it out 1.5 ft, it would have the same back seat legroom as the Town Car.
    Even the "L"?
    NOW

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

DTS Platinum MSRPs were ~$60K, basically the same as the XTS Platinum. I'm sure the Omegas will be ~$75-80K. $100K would be kind of ridiculous, however, unless it were a V. They need to target Lexus LS pricing -- not S Class pricing.
    Jesda and Jesda like this.
    NOW

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by BlackonblackDTS View Post
    I agree with all the way on the XTS. I said the rear backup light was a bad idea right here on this forum months ago but more so for people driving in tall SUVs that will not be able to see the light and what you said about people walking behind the car as well. I love my DTS and even tho the XTS is nice is just seems so fake and cheap to me. I know the DTS was way behind the times in terms of tech, but style wise it was a true Caddy and XTS just does not cut it for me either. After seeing this car on person I will say the back dose look nice however in my opinion that hoodless truck like front end has to go. The car appears too fat from the front view. My DTS is still driving just fine and looks as good as the day I bought it. I can afford a new XTS but will not be getting one due to its odd styling.

As far as all the people standing up for the XTS, its common knowledge that GM is not happy with the car either and its in my opinion that the new LTS will be the XTS's replacement from everything I have read on the internet. The Omega platform is in the works without a doubt since Cadillac needs a new large platform, but from all the rumors on the net the flagship may be quite a few years down the road. But the XTS replacement will come first on the new RWD/AWD Omega platform. SO I just hope that it looks much better and is bigger then the XTS and at least offer AWD for us in the northern states even if its not a true flagship. I dissagree that the LTS will be the $80 plus mega flagship. If they even call it that. But again its all just my opinions. I know as much as you guys do.

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm

Even the "L"?
    Rough guess, yes. I'll try to measure it officially...

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Faux suede on the roof... so it wasn't a Platinum with the Alcantra.
    The faux seude ceiling IS the Platinum.The OP should wait and try driving an XTS--he might like it. It's probably easier to enter/exit than the DTS, turns sharper, and is just as fast. I don't like the rubber-band tires--it's an unnecessary sacrifice of ride quality just because young squirts like Big Wheels. MRC can only do so much.
    wthomas33 and wthomas33 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.