Edmunds Inside Line: XTS First Drive
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Edmunds Inside Line: XTS First Drive in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Edmunds Inside Line: XTS First Drive

Overall a very positive article. Some highlights include:

Quote Originally Posted by Edmunds Inside Line

-The ample space, ground-breaking tech and solid road manners of the XTS put Cadillac back on the large luxury sedan map.

-Make no mistake, the 2013 Cadillac XTS is a big car. It's nearly 17 feet long, more than 6 feet wide and nearly 5 feet tall. But indulge this big boy's abilities on a twisty road and you'll be amazed by his moves.

And big guys who can really dance are always fun.

Still, it's the XTS's capacity to shrink itself around its driver that makes it feel so capable. Largely, this competence is a product of the sedan's magnetic-ride dampers, honest steering and precise throttle control, which yield road manners far closer to its V-based brethren than to the DTS and STS cars that it replaces.

-Cadillac spent considerable energy styling the XTS interior — a fact that isn't fully appreciated until one experiences the top-level materials. Details like the microfiber suede headliner, tasteful wood trim and leather seat inserts give the XTS the feel of a much more expensive car.

-At 111.7 inches the XTS's wheelbase isn't as long as the standard-wheelbase versions of the Audi A8 (117.8 inches) or BMW 7 Series (120.9 inches), but it exceeds those cars' front and rear legroom and its 18-cubic-foot trunk makes their cargo areas look laughably small by comparison. We adjusted the driver seat for our driving position, then planted our 5-foot, 9-inch frame in the backseat and found nearly a full foot between our knees and the seatback. Only the mutants will need more room.

-The 2013 Cadillac XTS's extensive tech puts it at the leading edge of automotive features, functionality and interface design. And from behind the wheel it's as competent, capable and comfortable as it needs to be.
    Read the entire article here: http://www.insideline.com/cadillac/x...rst-drive.html
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I thought the article was very well written and positive. Most importantly they did a good job of describing what the XTS is , a big well built , highly refined American sedan with technology and interior quality not matched by any make.

Good stuff.

PS- GM , get that V8 in the car ASAP !!

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: Edmunds Inside Line: XTS First Drive

Thanks for posting Tony. Eagerly awaiting mine

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I see a LOT of DeVilles on the streets and this car is going to satisfy that type of buyer. I'm anxious to get some seat time myself...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

gminsidernews.com has a whole series of links to "first drive" articles in various publications and they all seem to be gushing over the car. LeftLaneNews in particular, even though it included photos of the car in an almost hideous fire-engine red, was very impressed with the car.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Yeah, that red is terrible. Whose brilliant idea was it to get rid of Crimson Pearl?
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

The red looks better in GM's own photos, but we all know how true to life those are. This car would look good in the Black Cherry of a few years ago, or Mulberry or metallic Burgundy.

The Autoblog author was less impressed with the drivetrain, and he had the guts to engage with some GMI commenters, including me, but probably regrets doing so.

Creative Director is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    LeftLaneNews in particular, even though it included photos of the car in an almost hideous fire-engine red, was very impressed with the car.
    Indeed. I am a Mac user, LeftLaneNews is a sister website to Macnn.com so I usually stop by to get some reviews and a bunch of very nice pictures. I agree on the color, fire-engine red doesn't make any favour to this car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.