First XTS ad I've seen...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, First XTS ad I've seen... in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I dunno...kinda boring. The look of the car is growing on me, but this should have been a followup ad. ...
    hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

First XTS ad I've seen...

I dunno...kinda boring. The look of the car is growing on me, but this should have been a followup ad. It was more about the vibraseat, than the car...

NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: First XTS ad I've seen...

This is more like a Buick ad.

Actually, Buick's ads do more to elevate the brand.

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It's lame.

Blastphemy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

It's like all the ads I've been seeing for the Infiniti JX35 - they focus on the Infiniti Personal Assistant and Back Up Collision Intervention system, but give no other compelling reasons to buy the car.

Same thing happened with the Infiniti M56 - all the ads focused on the Forest Air A/C system and the artistic design of the interior, but not one mention about its 417 lb-ft torque or other more impressive features. (Heck, Infiniti's ads make the M35h look faster and sportier than the M56S!)

I'm shocked that this XTS ad doesn't breathe a word about the CUE system, head's-up display, ride comfort, etc...hopefully we'll see more compelling ads going forward.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance

It may be a stinky ad. But that's the nicest image of the XTS I've seen. Looks good, and up to know it has not exactly thrilled me.....

I'm fascinated that the ad specifically calls out the Mercedes-Benz E-class. Why? Because the E550 has a 4.2L 402HP V8 engine and is rear-wheel drive!

Sure, the E350 is a 3.5L 302HP V6 (comparable to the XTS), but it's also a RWD car.

So I'm surprised that Cadillac would open up that can of worms.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's not exciting, but I'm glad they actually tell you something about the car. The segment sales leaders like Mercedes-Benz talk about features in their commercials, whereas Cadillac's recent spots (like the CTS driving backward) are just hero shots of the vehicle and tell the consumer nothing about what makes it cool. Step in the right direction, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by blastphemy
    Sure, the E350 is a 3.5L 302HP V6 (comparable to the XTS), but it's also a RWD car.

So I'm surprised that Cadillac would open up that can of worms.
    That's only a can of worms to the small group of people who care about RWD vs FWD. To a buyer who wants trunk space, back seat room, a smooth ride and high levels of technology, the E350 isn't even comparable to the XTS. Everyone has their own buying motivations.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    It's not exciting, but I'm glad they actually tell you something about the car. The segment sales leaders like Mercedes-Benz talk about features in their commercials, whereas Cadillac's recent spots (like the CTS driving backward) are just hero shots of the vehicle and tell the consumer nothing about what makes it cool. Step in the right direction, IMO.

Good point, Tony.

Saw an ad for the E-Class this morning. It consisted of several people saying things:

"I didn't know I was drifting out of my lane...but my Mercedes did."
    "I didn't know traffic has stopped in front of me...but my Mercedes did."
    "I didn't know...but my Mercedes did."

While they were talking it was showing scenarios featuring the Lane Departure Warning, Blind Zone, Collision Avoidance Braking, etc.

Not exciting in the least, but obviously Cadillac is aiming at the same people with this first XTS ad.

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

I see at least two XTS's a day now here in Metro Detroit. They're all over.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

That's only a can of worms to the small group of people who care about RWD vs FWD. To a buyer who wants trunk space, back seat room, a smooth ride and high levels of technology, the E350 isn't even comparable to the XTS. Everyone has their own buying motivations.
    i know the Transmission in the Benz is at least 5 times more hi-tech than the XTS..
    the 7 speed so intelligent..he can up shift 1 =>3 of 4 => 2 or 3=>5...... if he need..and it can lock up at every speed...

E-class has full Air Ride Suspension also..i bet u should ride it...not 50% air suspension like the XTS...

for riding..i think the XTS even worst than the DTS....

the V6 they use in the XTS is the same as SRX or the RWD CTS but they switch it over..
    that engine so noisy and it decrese a lot when u press and release gas pedal fast...
    there are nothing awesome here...

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    i know the Transmission in the Benz is at least 5 times more hi-tech than the XTS..
    the 7 speed so intelligent..he can up shift 1 =>3 of 4 => 2 or 3=>5...... if he need..and it can lock up at every speed...

E-class has full Air Ride Suspension also..i bet u should ride it...not 50% air suspension like the XTS...

the V6 they use in the XTS is the same as SRX or the RWD CTS but they switch it over..
    that engine so noisy and it decrese a lot when u press and release gas pedal fast...
    What?

1.) The XTS has Air ride and MRC. MRC is the best suspension set up in the world. No, it really is!
    2.) How do you know it rides better? You or I have both never sat in the vehicle, let alone driven it.
    3.) The 3.6L V6 is a damn fine motor. Better than the "Pentastar" V6 that the new MB 3.5L is related to.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

1.) The XTS has Air ride and MRC. MRC is the best suspension set up in the world. No, it really is!
    the MRC just the magneto fluid they use electric to control the stiff of the shock absorber... and it better for racing technology..not in Soft suspension set up... the XTS only has Air spring in the REAR..not FULL AIR RIDE
    they doesn't have Air spring in the front of the shock...when u ride in Air Suspension..u ride in Air..not in the road...so if u ride in AIR..will it Better ??

remember the Air Ride suspension in the benz they can change the ride height also...

the best system is the ABC hydrauic ..which they use the hydrauic oil to control the stiff of the suspension...and the soft..the MRC just cheaper to make than it..

2.) How do you know it rides better? You or I have both never sat in the vehicle, let alone driven it.
    because
    1st : balance weight in suspension design...RWD vs FWD
    2nd : full air ride suspension...

3.) The 3.6L V6 is a damn fine motor. Better than the "Pentastar" V6 that the new MB 3.5L is related to.
    well...we need to get survey to see that IMO...how many people said a transvert V6 better than the M272 from MB..

the Only Cadillac make all the world respect now is the CTS-V...it is the superiol design.....or future ATS in it segment...(i guess)
    not this Junk car...

^ How does someone posting from Vietnam know any of this??

the MRC just the magneto fluid they use electric to control the stiff of the shock absorber... and it better for racing technology..not in Soft suspension set up... the XTS only has Air spring in the REAR..not FULL AIR RIDE
    they doesn't have Air spring in the front of the shock...when u ride in Air Suspension..u ride in Air..not in the road...so if u ride in AIR..will it Better ??

remember the Air Ride suspension in the benz they can change the ride height also...

the best system is the ABC hydrauic ..which they use the hydrauic oil to control the stiff of the suspension...and the soft..the MRC just cheaper to make than it.
    MRC > Air Ride. Remember the comparison tests between the CTS-V and the E63 AMG? There was a reason the CTS-V had better ride and handling, and MRC takes the credit for it.

because
    1st : balance weight in suspension design...RWD vs FWD
    2nd : full air ride suspension...
    The E Class isn't light, but RWD is a definite advantage, I'll give you that. But, the XTS has a better suspension setup.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastphemy
    ^ How does someone posting from Vietnam know any of this??
    Because he "knows some guy". Whatever...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang

Why don't you shut the hell up until you ride in one? You talk like you know how it rides. You don't. You are a tired act. You bitch, bitch, bitch about cars you've never driven. Every time I see your name on a post, I get ready to se what garbage you spew.

My CTS-V has an amazing ride for a super sedan. Having the magnetic ride control with air suspension should be amazing. But, unlike you, I'll wait to ride in one before proclaiming so.

----------

And as for engine noise, my CTS-V has a big, supercharged pushrod V8. The car is so well isolated, I can't hear it unless I punch it. The XTS won't have NVH issues...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.