xts to have short life
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, xts to have short life in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Like I said the xts is going to have a short life it seems to just be a replacement until ...
    Cadillacdts01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 cadillac deville, 2001 cadillac dts

xts to have short life

Like I said the xts is going to have a short life it seems to just be a replacement until cadillac gets it's real flagship the ciel in production I guess not as great as I thought the xts was gonna be owell still love it haha here's the article

http://www.nitrobahn.com/news/cadill...ned-above-xts/

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    If the XTS sells well, it'll stay after the Omega cars arrive. Lexus still sells the ES...

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Re: xts to have short life

This is not news. Its been known for sometime now that GM was not happy with the XTS and had a proper RWD/AWD flagship in the works. I was reading about this last year even before the XTS was shown to the public. The only reason we have the XTS is because Cadillac/Gm did not have the funds to produce a flagship. Its my understanding that back in 2008 the XTS was to be the big RWD flagship, but then GM hit hard times. They kept the XTS program up but scrapped the RWD platform and just used what they had on the shelf already. They had to get rid of the outdated STS and DTS and they needed a fast fix and the XTS is that fast fix. I am not real happy with the XTS myself and have been going back and forth if I even want one. To me its written all over the car that it was just thrown together fast. Also I think Cadillac now realizes that they may have made a few mistakes with the car. Like the CUE system, which now Cadillac is giving a IPAD away with every purchase since many buyers will be in the dark on how to use it.

They should of made the CUE optional at least on the 2 lower packages. My local Cadillac salesmen has said already its causing a issue as many customers both old and young would rather just have a standerd radio then the CUE system. I saw this as a problem when I first heard it was going to be standerd across the board. Also Cadillac adervetisment showing that (with the armest down) you can fit 4 golf back in the trunk.
    I could fit 5 golf bags in my DTS and not have to put down the armest. This was designed to attempt to show the public that the car is a full-size sedan. In the Cadillac world this is a mid-sized car. I wish the best for the XTS and Cadillac and cant wait to see what they have down the pipeline including the new 2014 CTS and then the Omega flagship. It wil be a real exciting time for Cadillac lovers/buyers in the next few years.

Cadillacdts01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 cadillac deville, 2001 cadillac dts
    Yea it will be exciting all I can say is if they do make the ciel flagship or not I'm definetly gonna have my dad buy me one haha I love it remind me of the old classic Cadillacs which I loved

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Re: xts to have short life

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacdts01 View Post
    Yea it will be exciting all I can say is if they do make the ciel flagship or not I'm definetly gonna have my dad buy me one haha I love it remind me of the old classic Cadillacs which I loved
    I agree with Bigjimsho. I think the XTS will be around for awhile however it will change platforms in its next full refresh/redisign. The XTS is needed in this segment. But from what I see of the spy pics of the new 2014 CTS it looks like it grew quite a bit. Even thogh its hard to tell it looks almost as big as the XTS. I am thinking this car looks about 198 inchs in length from the pics but of course thats just a guess. So who knows maybe the new CTS will replace the XTS later down the road if it dose not fare well. I already like what I see of the CTS profile in the spy pics. At least this car looks like it has a trunk and hood which I can't say the same about the XTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.