The Cadillac XTS is NOT a DTS or STS replacement - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, The Cadillac XTS is NOT a DTS or STS replacement in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho Just saw one and sat in one at my dealer. VERY nice. I don't know why ...
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Just saw one and sat in one at my dealer. VERY nice. I don't know why a DTS owner wouldn't naturally want one...
    Agree. The DTS and STS owners should be in love. Also, new to Cadillac buyers should love the XTS. One of my trips to the Caddy dealer had several middle age guys pulling up in German iron to see XTS It's a perfect real world car...

JDsCustom1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

Re: The Cadillac XTS is NOT a DTS or STS replacement

Quote Originally Posted by blkcaddy View Post
    A dealership close to me got two xts's in on Friday at 5pm. One was sold before it got off the truck and the other is still there today (Monday) and I'm really surprised it wasn't bought over the weekend. The dealership has called me several times to come take a look at it and test drive it but I haven't had time yet. For some reason I don't think people are lining up for this car. Maybe people don't know they are at dealerships yet. With the reviews being so brutal I dont think the car will be a strong seller. Many people feel it resembles a buick. How many people are willing to spend 50k-60k on a Buick with a Cadillac interior?
    Well it could be because of the limited configurations... May be a base and most want the premium.. I'm just in shock of all the comments about what people think this car is.. Ask anyone in the car business if inventory is limited it won't sell due to the customer feeling as if they had a lack of options when deciding.. When you go to purchase you say do you have it white with sunroof. .. No just this one with no sunroof... Oh ok I'll be back when you have more options. This thing kills a DTS in every way.. I owned one.. This car at 60k has all a car needs.. Compete with a s-class. ..? .. It's a 100k car so are most of these other cars people keep mentioning.. And it has plenty of room drives great and has plenty of power.. Not once have I driven and said man needed more there. Very funny are the people in this forum that make these comments... Every manufacture has cars that resemble others.. But it isn't even a comparison to the interior and in my opinion exterior to the Buick. I could go on and on for what you get versus a Mercedes that is 40k more but it would be pointless... I'm a large guy and with the front seat all the way back can sit comfortably in the rear. I think I'm going to make a video of mine to point out everything people are missing

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Just saw one and sat in one at my dealer. VERY nice. I don't know why a DTS owner wouldn't naturally want one...
    I posted this in another thread as well: Well my dealership finally had some XTS's in stock. I can definitely say that this car does not measure up to a DTS in terms of size exterior or interior. In every car I drive, even my DTS, I always put the seat all the way back. In my DTS, there is plenty of room in the backseat with the front seats all the way back. I put the seat all the way back in the XTS and then got in the back. I could barely fit back there like I was in a CTS. The outside of the car definitely looks bigger than a CTS, but it looks about the same as STS and definitely smaller than the DTS. The exterior doesn't wow me at all. The interior was okay. I'm hoping the interior of the luxury models impress me more.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Then the XTS' front seat goes back further than the DTS. Because I don't remember sitting in either DTS rental(once for livery as my TC-L was out of commition) and having as much kneeroom as the XTS had. Now, the sloping roofline makes it not feel as open and airy as a DTS, but as for kneeroom, there is more...

Well the proof is in the pudding. I get the same amount of legroom up front in my DTS as I do in the XTS with the seat all the way back. The XTS is not the car I would choose to carry 5 adults for any extended amount of time.

5, no. 4, all day long...

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Neither the XTS nor the DTS can do this. Lets be honest here, no one makes a car that seats 5 comfortably. A regular car seating 5 means someone is sitting in the middle - you can't make it big enough for it to be comfortable. Want to seat more than 4 comfortably? Get a vehicle with 3rd row seating.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The DTS had an extra inch and a half of leg room compared to XTS.

Doesn't matter anyway. XTS's most realistic competitors are the A6 and Lexus ES, cars that are considered midsize.

The big Cadillac is still in development.

a2deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 deville base

I just received the September 2012 issue of Motor Trend in this morning’s mail. The issue has “First Drive” reviews of both the 2013 Cadillac XTS and the 2014 Chevy Impala. Along with the new Buick Lacrosse, all three cars are based on the Epsilon II chassis. Both the Impala and the XTS are photographed in profile and both cars are red. The Impala appears on page 38 and the XTS appears on page 52. Switching back and forth between the two cars and you will not be able to tell the cars apart from 50 paces as they drive past you. The Chevy has horizontal headlights (as does the Buick Lacrosse) while the XTS has vertical ones. The three cars all share the same wheelbase, length, width and height (within fractions of an inch). This reminds me of Ford’s problem with the Crown Vic, Mercury Grand Marquise and the Lincoln Town Car. The more chrome, the higher up the food chain?

The XTS article is entitled “ONE TRICK ROLLER” and the facing page has the line: “A GOOD JOB ON A CAR THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE BUILT.” Ouch! While the article applauds the interior and the handling (GM’s Magnetic Ride system), too much of the XTS was derived from the Buick Lacrosse. The XTS comes standard with GM’s 3.6 L. engine with 304 HP and 264 lb-ft of torque. The Chevy and Buick list that engine as an option (same torque rating, but with one less HP). The Buick and the XTS has an AWD option while the Chevy is FWD only.

While my 2000 Deville shares the same architecture with the Buick Park Avenue and Lucerne, at least they looked entirely different. Not so with the new XTS and the Chevy/Buick siblings. The only way to tell them apart is by seeing them head-on. It is true that the XTS is not a replacement for the DTS, but the similarities of the XTS, Impala and the Lacrosse smacks of GM’s sad foray along the path of brand management.

The Motor Trend article concludes: “To be a serious player in the global luxury market, Cadillac need to wean it self from the bean counters. Until that happens in a big way, the 2013 XTS is a very good stopgap of a car.”

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the 2013 XTS is a very good stopgap of a car
    as I recall that is all it was ever supposed to be
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

I'm aghast at the insults thrown at the XTS. Honestly, after driving it back in June and looking at both cars over and over, it's clear to me that the XTS makes the DTS look like a pile of trash when they're next to each other. I love the DTS, but the XTS is a MUCH better car overall.

It's always been a car to get out now and serve a purpose. It was never a flagship and never will be. And, like the Lexus ES, I don't think its a stopgap...

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyBu
    I'm aghast at the insults thrown at the XTS. Honestly, after driving it back in June and looking at both cars over and over, it's clear to me that the XTS makes the DTS look like a pile of trash when they're next to each other. I love the DTS, but the XTS is a MUCH better car overall.
    You are right. The XTS is in a totally different league then the DTS. While it is not the $100,000 flagship that will shame the Germans it is a beautiful , modern and striking new car

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Exactly! Just look at the pictures! Even in photos, the XTS looks better. In person, it's no comparison...

Those photos don't do any of those cars justice. The XTS does have more advanced electronic toys than the DTS. But after being inside the new style CTS and SRX, the interior of the XTS just seems more like an upgrade than something revolutionary. I was ashamed to say that the both times I saw the XTS before I realized that it was the XTS, I thought it was a new 2013 CTS. The first one I saw on the road had me thinking it was a new CTS. The headlight and fog light is what clued me in. The exterior lighting on the XTS is definitely top notch and what I would've liked for the DTS. But I like the sharp lines and the commanding presence of the DTS over the XTS. I much prefer the interior space of the DTS over the XTS. The only thing I really like about the XTS over the DTS is like I said above, the electronic toys like USB drives, hopefully more updated gps, push button start, etc etc. The interior of the DTS seems antiquated, but it let's me do most of what I want my car to do: Bluetooth phone calls, cell phone remote start, lock and unlock, send gps driving directions to the car via my ipad, steering wheel controls, and mp3 playback to name some.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.