The Cadillac XTS is NOT a DTS or STS replacement - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, The Cadillac XTS is NOT a DTS or STS replacement in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; well i guess we'll just have to disagree on that point then ... everyone's allowed their opinion but i'm pretty ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: The Cadillac XTS is NOT a DTS or STS replacement

well i guess we'll just have to disagree on that point then ... everyone's allowed their opinion but i'm pretty sure those that don't think that the XTS is a good riding comfortable car will be in the minority
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

stabie is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

I've not driven the XTS or the DTS, but my friend has a DTS. Its a nice car with a roomy interior. But when I google for comparison info, I find the DTS 0-60 is 6.9 secs with a 275hp engine. The XTS I suspect will best that number as the V-6 in the XTS makes over 300hp. I do know when my friend punches his DTS (has n*star), it never felt as powerful as my old CTS 3.6DI (305hp). The main thing I would worry if I had a DTS is braking. Its a rather bad 145 feet to stop from 60. The XTS will certainly do better with std brembro's. If I were in the market for a lux cruiser I would just go drive one before I decided if it had enough power and handled the way I was looking for.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Before everybody makes an opinion, do yourself a favor and go drive the XTS. It's not a super pillowy ride like the old Deville's were but honestly it's a very smooth riding car. I was impressed with the way it rode and the interior is quieter than the DTS ever hoped of being. To be honest I don't think the DTS was a super smooth floaty car like everybody is making it out to be. I mean the early and late 90's Deville's I used to drive were always a lot floatier than the '00-'05 Deville and '06-'12 DTS were.

blkcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    A dealership close to me got two xts's in on Friday at 5pm. One was sold before it got off the truck and the other is still there today (Monday) and I'm really surprised it wasn't bought over the weekend. The dealership has called me several times to come take a look at it and test drive it but I haven't had time yet. For some reason I don't think people are lining up for this car. Maybe people don't know they are at dealerships yet. With the reviews being so brutal I dont think the car will be a strong seller. Many people feel it resembles a buick. How many people are willing to spend 50k-60k on a Buick with a Cadillac interior?

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by blkcaddy View Post
    Many people feel it resembles a buick. How many people are willing to spend 50k-60k on a Buick with a Cadillac interior?
    I guess that would be me. My current car also had a Buick relative, as well as a Pontiac relative. But it was the top of the line Olds that had the tech features I wanted. And I haven't regretted it.

I haven't seen one in person, but when I saw the intro video my reaction was that they had made this car just for me. It's the only big car I've found with a digital speedometer (the deciding factor on my last two cars). I've seen cars with more tech features, but XTS has plenty and they are better done. And it's the closest I've seen to my Olds 20 cu ft trunk (which was filled every friday).

I see the critisisms that it isn't a sports sedan, but a sports sedan would be a waste of money for me. I never come close to pushing the limits of my car except when flooring it to merge on the freeway. The XTS has the same millage and better acceleration. It also has much better cornering and breaking than my Olds.

Still, I won't be getting one right away. I really want that adaptive cruse control and virtual bumper system that's coming out in the fall. And I might give them time to get the bugs out while I enjoy my still comfortable Olds.

I know most here are old time Caddy buyers, but for me the XTS is closer to an Olds 98 than the few Caddies I've taken a look at. And for a driver like me, it's a much better deal than the BMW I was looking at before I found out about the XTS.

texmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry. I must've hurt your feelings with the DTS comment.
    LOL Not a bit. Its just amusing considering that Tonka Toy you call a Cadillac.

Fortunately, Cadillac actually makes quality products like the SRX and CTS that allow the DTS to continue to be made. Oh, wait...
    Still can't get around the fact you moronically stated the DTS hasn't been front and center of Cadillac money makers over the past 10 years until you were taken to the woodshed with facts.

And I see you couldn't answer my question about your evidence that GM went bankrupt because of the decisions 15 years ago.

How painfully typical of your arguments. Long on insults and juvenile taunts, short on facts.
    Marco and Marco like this.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Oh great, the tonka toy crap again.

I don't understand where you're coming from. The DTS doesn't qualify as a 'real' Cadillac to me from the outside. There is nothing that shows that classic styling of the 60's-70's Cadillacs. The DTS is just a boring car on the outside. Sure, it's a comfy ride and it's nice on the inside but I would say the CTS is more in the spirit of Cadillac style than the DTS. You know why? Because it's different, it stands out and draws attention. The DTS is a bland boring car on the outside.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

I wouldn't say it was a bland car, but I think the XTS makes more of a statement than the DTS did. The CTS, in my opinion, represents everything a Cadillac should be style wise. It's bold, edgy, sexy, and it stands out from all of the Mercedes, BMW, and Audi's of the world. If the damn seats were more comfortable I'd have one in my driveway in a few years.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    I wouldn't say it was a bland car, but I think the XTS makes more of a statement than the DTS did. The CTS, in my opinion, represents everything a Cadillac should be style wise. It's bold, edgy, sexy, and it stands out from all of the Mercedes, BMW, and Audi's of the world. If the damn seats were more comfortable I'd have one in my driveway in a few years.
    I agree the XTS makes more of a statement, I still would have liked more of a statement out of the car. I liked it in person a lot better than pictures for sure though. I would complain about the high roof, but that's my main problem in the CTS is the roof being too low for how I want to sit.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Well we received our first three cars (one Luxury, one Premium and on Platinum) and they sold within 24 hours.

One of the couples upgraded from a 2008 STS V6 and was very impressed with the nicer ride and interior, plus what they felt was comparable handling in day to day maneuvers (they obviously don't push the car extremely hard). The purchaser of the Platinum was a longtime Mercedes owner who had already picked out an S Class, but after driving the XTS Platinum felt that the interior was roomier and higher quality, and that the power was more than adequate and therefore the Benz wasn't worth the $50,000 price difference. THAT made me feel good.

Since we sold out we've had a steady stream of folks coming in to see them, and disappointed that they have to wait for the next shipment. I wish I could get 50 of these cars from the factory tomorrow, honestly.

I'm impressed. Is it a flagship car? Not quite. What it IS, though, is an extremely impressive piece of equipment with a terrific interior, smooth ride and class leading interior/cargo space which demolishes anything comparably priced or sized (Lexus ES, Hyundai Equus, Lincoln MKS, etc). If Cadillac comes through with a $90k+ flagship sedan featuring RWD, a large engine and an interior like the XTS, their lineup will truly be outstanding.
    Jesda and Jesda like this.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster

Still can't get around the fact you moronically stated the DTS hasn't been front and center of Cadillac money makers over the past 10 years until you were taken to the woodshed with facts.

And I see you couldn't answer my question about your evidence that GM went bankrupt because of the decisions 15 years ago.

How painfully typical of your arguments. Long on insults and juvenile taunts, short on facts.
    What, do you want pie charts? 80s and 90s GM cars were crap. They survived the 80s and then the public caught on. It usually takes 10 years for the public to respond.

But, you call the CTS a tonka toy even though it is wildly popular. Your snide remarks make you a hypocrite. And an idiot.

JDsCustom1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

I just bought a XTS Platinum and had a DTS and find it to be a great replacement for a DTS. I am totally comfortable drives well and really brings Cadillac into a new segment ... I am 34 and love the larger cars and do not feel as if I lost a bit from the DTS. The back is plenty roomy and the tech in this car fits well with a new demo.. Cadillac is moving to a younger crowd I was picking mine up and it was like they were giving cars away. Lots of younger people buying...I don't see why a lot of what I read seems to be negative about this car... Here they can't keep them in stock as soon as they come in they are gone..

Dad7159 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS4 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by JDsCustom1
    I just bought a XTS Platinum and had a DTS and find it to be a great replacement for a DTS. I am totally comfortable drives well and really brings Cadillac into a new segment ... I am 34 and love the larger cars and do not feel as if I lost a bit from the DTS. The back is plenty roomy and the tech in this car fits well with a new demo.. Cadillac is moving to a younger crowd I was picking mine up and it was like they were giving cars away. Lots of younger people buying...I don't see why a lot of what I read seems to be negative about this car... Here they can't keep them in stock as soon as they come in they are gone..
    Most of the negative comments are from people that would not buy the car regardless. Either they can't afford one or are already in some other fold. I will be buying my platinum in January. Can't wait! What a beautiful car.

rambro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I agree. I will be seriously looking at one when it gets to my dealer. White platinum. Luxury

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Just saw one and sat in one at my dealer. VERY nice. I don't know why a DTS owner wouldn't naturally want one...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.