XTS at my Cadillac dealer today.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS at my Cadillac dealer today. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; As the title says, there was an XTS Platinum available for inspection at my dealer today. I had intended to ...
    rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

XTS at my Cadillac dealer today.

As the title says, there was an XTS Platinum available for inspection at my dealer today.

I had intended to take many pictures and possibly some videos as well, but it was not meant to be.

After the customary pleasantries with everyone at the dealer (since I'm on my umpteenth Cadillac, I'm on a first name basis with practically everyone at the dealer), I sat down in the car and started adjusting the seat to my ideal driving position.

The Cadillac rep proceeded to chastise me as if I were a two year old child: "Don't play with that, its a hand built pre-production model which cost over $200,000 so stop it." My salesman and I looked at each other and he casually mentioned "if he writes a deposit check today, can he adjust the seat!?!?". That was met with a terse NO. My salesman and I looked at each other, I got out of the car and left.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: XTS at my Cadillac dealer today.

If they don't want you to touch it, perhaps they should keep it behind glass somewhere and not bring it to dealers.

rjm

As my salesman was walking with me to my car, I read between the lines that this guy had been difficult with themas well and probably wanted to be anywhere other than scruffy little Knoxville, TN.

Maybe they should find a better company rep who will actually excite people into buying their cars, rather than alienate them.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

That was a really unfortunate and disappointing experience "rjm." At least when a very similar (if not the same) XTS was at my dealer at the end of March, the rep was not on the floor for the half hour or so I explored it. My dealer rep did mention initially that they were told not to touch most of the buttons since it was a preproduction model and some of them did not work. I was left pretty much alone and did carefully open everything, sit everywhere, etc. without being hassled. Luckily, nothing broke off in my hands either . I did proceed to put down my deposit and place my order shortly there after.

rjm

Quote Originally Posted by kipsts View Post
    That was a really unfortunate and disappointing experience "rjm." At least when a very similar (if not the same) XTS was at my dealer at the end of March, the rep was not on the floor for the half hour or so I explored it. My dealer rep did mention initially that they were told not to touch most of the buttons since it was a preproduction model and some of them did not work. I was left pretty much alone and did carefully open everything, sit everywhere, etc. without being hassled. Luckily, nothing broke off in my hands either . I did proceed to put down my deposit and place my order shortly there after.
    That's the main reason I decided to go early this morning. I purposefully drove past the dealer on my home yesterday afternoon to see if the car arrived early and sure enough they were unloading it! I started to turn around and try to get a look at it then, but made the decision to come back first thing in the morning.

One of the salesmen had already told me that the CUE wasn't operational and the rep was purposefully keeping the remote far enough away from the car as to keep anyone from even putting it into ACC mode.

From my brief time in the interior, I did notice that it's very roomy. But the special cell phone holder in the armrest was too small to accommodate my Droid RAZR, as I tried to place it there before adjusting the seat.

I should also mention that I could understand the rep taking that attitude if I were suspected of being some 20-something who was just there to play with expensive cars. BUT, I started graying at 16 and have always been mistaken for someone 10-15 years older. That worked fine then, but now that I've crossed 40 not so much!

Lol rjm. Yeah, my kids constantly remind me about my grey hair and being an "old man".
    Back on topic, did you find that the car had adequate cubbyholes and storage bins for all the small objects. I presume that that cell phone holder was designed for most iphone sized phones? How was the leg (knee) room on the console side?

rjm

Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor View Post
    Lol rjm. Yeah, my kids constantly remind me about my grey hair and being an "old man".
    Back on topic, did you find that the car had adequate cubbyholes and storage bins for all the small objects. I presume that that cell phone holder was designed for most iphone sized phones? How was the leg (knee) room on the console side?
    I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of room inside the vehicle. The center console is deep, but not very wide. There's a nice storage compartment in the dash to the left of the steering wheel, which showed nice attention to detail in its dampened opening. The door pockets were of decent size. I didn't notice the glove box size as the saleswoman was fascinated with its opening mechanism--a simple touch button on the right side of the CUE screen (I pointed out that my sister's Jag was like this, as well as the overhead map lights, but she was not interested and continued playing with it). The entire climate control panel beneath the CUE motors open to reveal a nice storage area and has the USB port there as well.

My only complaints are with the rear seat, and its not what you think. I did get to adjust the seat to perform the sit behind yourself test. I'm a perfectly average 5'10", and I had more than adequate knee room. BUT, there is no foot space underneath the front seats. While the leg and knee room is more than adequate, considering the wheelbase its actually downright amazing, the lack of foot space means you'll be sitting with feet crossed, with a little more foot space. The rear seat cushion bottom is also a little short, which is all the more disappointing considering the amount of room available. I'd climbed back into the front seat to move it all the way back and recheck the rear seat space when the rep chastised me, which was all the more confusing as I'd been conversing with a saleswoman the eintire time about we liked (and didn't like).

Considering the published wheelbase of 111.7, I really am shocked at the amount of room inside the car. While Cadillac is comparing this car to the E, 5, and A6, the interior room is comparable to the short wheelbase versions of the 7, A8, and Jag XJ.

I'll wait for a thorough test drive before rendering my final verdict.

Quickly, had a customer wearing a vintage Charlie's Angels t-shirt last week. Normally I try not to comment on anything like that but blurted out, I remember watching that show, and went on about the Farrah poster, etc...which was quickly met with a "my god, how old are you!?!?

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I went to the NY auto show to see the XTS and it was on stage with no access. All the car manufacturers with preproduction models would not even let you go in and sit in the cars. This included BMW, Audi,Porsche and Lincoln. With that said if he XTS was at the dealership they should've been ready to let customers sit in and touch whatever they wanted to.

----------

I am hopeful that GM'a newest V8 will make its way under the hood. It has to if they are to be competitive in this
    ▄ber segment.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Rjm, thank you for sharing that story. I hope your enthusiasm for the XTS hasn't waned because of that understandably frustrating interaction. We would not want any customer to experience what you have described.

I'm glad you're still considering taking a thorough test drive, and I appreciate you sharing your initial thoughts on it!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I think because we are Cadillac owners who have money and can afford such cars, we sometimes get impatient. The rep was only doing what he was instructed to do. I find myself being impatient at times.

Well, I can understand it being an expensive pre-production car, with very few of them circulating about. But it's only natural for a driver to sit into it and reach for a seat adjuster to see his best possible position. Either a sign should be in place or the rep should explain things prior to entry, before he berates a possible buyer.
    A beautiful car, no doubt though. I'm anxious to read and see some reviews from the mags and TV shows. My main concern still is how all those DTS drivers will feel with the V6, after driving a N* all these years?

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I agree.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Whoever that guy is - he's not very good for "Cadillac". Maybe somebody should speak with him about how to treat Cadillac customers. There was surely a more elegant, respectful manner to get his point across...

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Rjm, thank you for sharing that story. I hope your enthusiasm for the XTS hasn't waned because of that understandably frustrating interaction. We would not want any customer to experience what you have described.

I'm glad you're still considering taking a thorough test drive, and I appreciate you sharing your initial thoughts on it!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

rjm

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Whoever that guy is - he's not very good for "Cadillac". Maybe somebody should speak with him about how to treat Cadillac customers. There was surely a more elegant, respectful manner to get his point across...
    Agreed.

It wasn't as if I walked in the door and immediately jumped in the car and started "playing" with it. I'd been there 20-30 minutes prior to getting in the car. There were 2 reps available, and one had already asked me if I had any questions about the car and the service tech with whom I was speaking spoke before I could saying "He probably knows as much as, or more about the car than you guys" and we all had a good laugh!

Nor did I get up and storm out after the other reps terse statement. But I did immediately get out of the car and started walking away, and one of the salesmen and I just exchanged knowing glances. I stopped by the owners office and exchanged pleasantries with him, all the while observing said rep and it was obvious by his carriage and demeanor the he would've rather been anywhere else at that particular moment.

I'm still conflicted about the car. Even though Cadillac says it isn't a replacement for the DTS, this really is the car the DTS should've been back in '06. I just wish that Cadillac would pull a fast one and this car premiere with the Ultra V8. As it is, I'll reserve final judgement until I've had the time for an extensive test drive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.