XTS at my Cadillac dealer today. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS at my Cadillac dealer today. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok. Not true I did by the Escalade and did not care it was a shared platform....
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Ok. Not true I did by the Escalade and did not care it was a shared platform.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    I think you're making my point. The escalade is probably the worst example too.

There's all kinda of things about the XTS that make it different than a Buick.

I totally agree that the forthcoming flagship should kick ass tho!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: XTS at my Cadillac dealer today.

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    ... Clearly two totally different types of cars and styles. However, when you look at the new SRX and XTS and put them next ti a Saturn Vue and Chevy Equniox and Buick Lacrosse there is no doubt that the Caddys came from those cars. Yes, not as bad as the 1980s rebadge where the cars were even closer but it's pretty much the same formula. The XTS and Lacross power train is also the same.
    Oh wow. Yea, obviously you 'know what you know' so i'm not arguing any further. Especially with vehicles using different platforms being considered as 'coming from those cars'.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain

Oh wow. Yea, obviously you 'know what you know' so i'm not arguing any further. Especially with vehicles using different platforms being considered as 'coming from those cars'.
    Huh ??

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain

Captain. Nothing to get so defensive about. Facts are facts and what I wrote is true. Let me try it nice and slow . The SRX is to the Saturn Vue or Chevy Equinox what the Escalade is to the Tahoe Understand.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    They're all related -- what's your point? Theta Premium/Theta-Epsilon (SRX) is related to Theta (Equinox/Terrain) and Epsilon II (LaCrosse). Super Epsilon II (XTS/Impala) is related to Epsilon II (LaCrosse).
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    The SRX is to the Saturn Vue or Chevy Equinox what the Escalade is to the Tahoe
    that's not a good analogy

there's probably a 50% sharing of parts between the escalade and the tahoe

i have yet to find anything the same on the srx and equinox
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept

that's not a good analogy

there's probably a 50% sharing of parts between the escalade and the tahoe

i have yet to find anything the same on the srx and equinox
    I certainly do not know the percentage and Caddy did do a nice job on the SRX. I owned the original SRX and liked the fact that it was a ground up new build off the CTS chassis. One of the key reasons I left owning German makes was the stunning new orginal style of art & science Caddys and that GM had promised not to rebadge as part of the Cadillac comeback. Many fair points have been made about the industry trends towards shared platforms, heck even Porsche is doing it ! That said , for the soon to be announced top of the line Cadillac of Cadillacs I do hope that the GM brass green light big budget to make a true stand alone "Standard of the World"

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Why is everyone so concerned about rebadging? What difference does it make? If it's nice a car that you like, buy it. If you don't like it, buy something else. Let the manufacturer worry about the underlying details.

'Everyone' is a bit of an overstatement

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DG2

I certainly do not know the percentage and Caddy did do a nice job on the SRX. I owned the original SRX and liked the fact that it was a ground up new build off the CTS chassis. One of the key reasons I left owning German makes was the stunning new orginal style of art & science Caddys and that GM had promised not to rebadge as part of the Cadillac comeback. Many fair points have been made about the industry trends towards shared platforms, heck even Porsche is doing it ! That said , for the soon to be announced top of the line Cadillac of Cadillacs I do hope that the GM brass green light big budget to make a true stand alone "Standard of the World"
    I love the original SRX. But crossovers are bought to be utilitarian and to "seem sporty". Cadillac moving off the Sigma chassis was a smart move as it reduced costs and changed proportions. It may not drive as well as yours, but it certainly sells.

And I'll take decisions like that if it makes money to invest in Vs...

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

I like the original SRX as well -- but I also like wagons -- which are not the most popular of format. The current SRX is definitely an RX killer, which is what was intended. I think they should have a Lambda as well -- just not at the expense of the Escalade (at least the ESV).
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

The rumors are that Cadillac is going to get a Lambda, and keep the current Escalade. Now that Range Rover is the new king, they need to take the Escalade to the next level.

Despite what Jesda says, the Lambda is a phenomenal platform. They handle much better than their size would suggest.
    hueterm and hueterm like this.

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    The rumors are that Cadillac is going to get a Lambda, and keep the current Escalade. Now that Range Rover is the new king, they need to take the Escalade to the next level.

Despite what Jesda says, the Lambda is a phenomenal platform. They handle much better than their size would suggest.
    I read an article recently that the next Escalade will be the Halo model for Cadillac. At least till that new top of line sedan comes out.

If Halo is the most expensive model, then it already is. If it's the most "wow" model, that will continue to be the CTS-V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.