XTS at my Cadillac dealer today. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS at my Cadillac dealer today. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by DG2 Same car built on the same line. Yes lots of goodies added to make a Caddy ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: XTS at my Cadillac dealer today.

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Same car built on the same line. Yes lots of goodies added to make a Caddy but it's the same chassis , same body with different style. To add comparison the Buick Enclave and GMC Arcadia are the same car with different Steve cues. Likewise with the SRX. It's a rebadge there is no hiding it gents.
    By the way nothing to get defensive about Honda Toyota Nissan all do rebadging with their luxury brands. My point was for Cadillac to be the standard of the world again they should do pure standalone Cadillac only cars not shared on any other GM platform. However I do recognize that that is a bit too expensive in today's marketplace to do.
    i agree that there's nothing wrong with it and that the imports do it all the time and i'm not really getting defensive about it - i just want to set the record straight

the only car that shares chassis and body parts with the SRX is the now extinct 2011 Saab 9-4x - that was a re-skin and re-badge

the equinox is related but not a re-badge - and the non-interchanging parts i mentioned above proves it
    TheCaptain and TheCaptain like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

DG2, you're confusing the terms rebadge and platform-sharing. Rebadge means they share the same sheetmetal, as the GM intermediates and others did in the 80's. Enclave and Acadia and Traverse share the same platform but have different sheetmetal. The SRX shared a platform with the defunct Saab 9-4X. It's significantly wider than the Equinox but has a shorter wheelbase and different suspension and options. The AWD system is different, too.

thanks ral

that explanation was on the tip of my tongue ... i just couldn't form the explanation correctly

i would possibly even go as far as allowing you to call the enclave/acadia/traverse/outlook a re-badge
    even though technically they're not ... they're very close ... way way closer than the enclave and the srx
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

jay lane is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am going to disagree with the Buick comparison. The XTS looks nothing like the Buick, has HiPer Strut suspension, magnetic ride control (standard), CUE, Brembo brakes, much nicer interior and a lot more trunk space. Not to mention longer. I also feel like the engine is suited to the car just fine. It has more power than the Northstar did.. I think that this vehicle is going to blow away the competition both in terms of features and bang for the buck.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Hello, what do you call the brand new from ground up ATS ? No rebadging on the ATS right ? My point exactly. Bankruptcy was irrelevant it was a bailout by the government NOT a normal bankruptcy. Cadillac CTS compotes beautifully with the 3 and 5 series BMW. Beyond me why they did not use all that money for flagship vs ATS. Odd executive decisions.
    Yeah, they would make a whole lot more money taking a small market share from A8-L and 7 series instead of getting the brand out there for all to see with an affordable 3 series competitor. You have upper level executive of a bankrupt company written all over you, too bad GM missed out on hiring you.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Cool down the tone..........
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

MD-11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS Coupe, 12 CTS-V Sedan

Just got to sit in and play with the controls of a xts premium today no time to take it for a drive. I was impressed with the interior very well done with enough room, but i can say for me the exterior just does not have the presence of a Cadillac. I have not seen one driving down the road so that might change my mind but just sitting in the dealers lot I was not impressed not a bad looking car just not enough difference from (Buick, Toyota).

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by ral1960
    DG2, you're confusing the terms rebadge and platform-sharing. Rebadge means they share the same sheetmetal, as the GM intermediates and others did in the 80's. Enclave and Acadia and Traverse share the same platform but have different sheetmetal. The SRX shared a platform with the defunct Saab 9-4X. It's significantly wider than the Equinox but has a shorter wheelbase and different suspension and options. The AWD system is different, too.
    Well, if you look at a Honda Odeyesse mini van and the Acura SUV MDX that is a platform share. Clearly two totally different types of cars and styles. However, when you look at the new SRX and XTS and put them next ti a Saturn Vue and Chevy Equniox and Buick Lacrosse there is no doubt that the Caddys came from those cars. Yes, not as bad as the 1980s rebadge where the cars were even closer but it's pretty much the same formula. The XTS and Lacross power train is also the same.

Wouldn't you call the Escalade a revision of the Tahoe ? That's the better word. Regardless
    The SRX is a gorgeous little SUV and I am sitting in my 2011 Escalade writing this and am very proud of the style, it's gorgeous.

jay lane is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've had the opportunity to sit in a lux, premium and a platinum and I was blown away by all of them. The luxury gets you so much equipment (nav,sunrrof,driver alert,HIDs, CUE etc) that it really puts the competition (Audi A6, Mercedes E350 and Lexus ES) to shame. The Premium and Platinums re-configurable gauges are a really cool feature as well. I feel like this car fills a fantastic spot in the line up and did a great job. I think that some people feel like they should have done the S or 7 series fighter first, but you have to remember that Cadillac will be bringing out that vehicle before too long. The XTS was never designed to compete against those two vehicles. I've been in countless meetings with execs from Cadillac and GM regarding the XTS and the future plans for Cadillac. There are several different vehicles on the way and you can expect Cadillac to have a more diverse line up than it has EVER had before. The days of having 3-4 different models are quickly coming to an end.

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Thanks for your impressions 'Jay Lane'. I got a call yesterday to go test drive a Platinum level that had just come in and was being prepped. Unfortunately I had meetings and could not get there until today. By the end of the day it was sold! They don't think they will get any more Platinum levels in before the one I ordered in April gets here.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

It just seems to be the way it's done now. Toyota/Lexus; Honda/Acura; Ford/Lincoln; Nissan/Infinity. What does that leave us? BMW; MB; some Audis? I guess I agree, If Caddy wants to compete there, the more stand alone vehicles they have the better.

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by TSS
    It just seems to be the way it's done now. Toyota/Lexus; Honda/Acura; Ford/Lincoln; Nissan/Infinity. What does that leave us? BMW; MB; some Audis? I guess I agree, If Caddy wants to compete there, the more stand alone vehicles they have the better.
    . I do think that the soon to be top of range 7 Series, S Class , Porsche panorama Caddy fighter will be on a stand alone platform and hopefully will be jaw dropping. Watching the Caddy comeback since 2003 has been fun and I look forward to what's next.

Why does it matter if a car is on its own platform anyway? It only makes good business sense to share tech/R&D.

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    Why does it matter if a car is on its own platform anyway? It only makes good business sense to share tech/R&D.
    Yes good business sense but when spending the big bucks you kinda want something that
    Can't be had in the families other brand for 40% less. Many people are not bothered by that and that's fine. For me if I was buying a top of range car it would not be a revision of a lesser brand.

DG2
    Except for my Escalade. That's just too awesome to care that's it's a revision

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.