XTS at my Cadillac dealer today. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS at my Cadillac dealer today. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by TSS The fact that the current design rental fleet 2012 Impala has the same 3.6 standard, as ...
    RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Re: XTS at my Cadillac dealer today.

Quote Originally Posted by TSS View Post
    The fact that the current design rental fleet 2012 Impala has the same 3.6 standard, as the state of the art XTS (and no options to upgrade engine), is problematic in my eyes. Good engine, don't get me wrong, but problematic.
    Agreed. Probably comes back to the fact that GM was broke back in 2008-2009, when they could have been designing newer engines. This is definitely a stop gap situation.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

what is the SRX a re-badge of?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Why all the fuss about the size of the engine? You have to stop every ten yards while driving. Design the engine to get the best gas mileage and that will be all that's necessary.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    Why all the fuss about the size of the engine? You have to stop every ten yards while driving. Design the engine to get the best gas mileage and that will be all that's necessary.
    Its not the size/displacement, it the HP. I am really not a Ford fan, but something similar to their 3.5 355HP/350 TQ ecoboost (365 HP in the SHO) would make sense in this car. The Lincoln is my first non GM car in decades.

The XTS can be better than the MKS. Both are AWD and the XTS is light years ahead in technology and interior luxury. But, the AWD MKS Eco shoots from 0-60 in 5.2 and still gets really good gas mileage. The two small turbos are there when you need them and dormant when you don't. I am likely going to get an XTS for my wife to replace her SLS, but it does not have enough excitement for me to purchase for myself without a few more ponies. I am here in Lansing, GM country and fully understand the bad financial years and understand why this car is powered by the 3.6. I am just hoping after the initial launch settles down, they figure out a way to keep gas mileage repsectable but offer another engine option.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    what is the SRX a re-badge of?
    Chevy Equnox. When Saturn was around they also had a Saturn SUV which was the same as SRX built in Mexico ( a sin for a Cadillac ti be made in Mexico) Oh. GM. You must always build Cadillacs in USA. Imagine a Harley Davidson made in Mexico

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DG2

I hear you my friend but the bankruptcy was four years ago and thanks to uncle gave GM huge capital to be Cadillac again. Instead. Rebadging. I wished they would have tweaked and stretched the STS instead of doing a Buick rebadge and then come out with the 7 series fighter. Don't get me wrong the XTS is a very nice car and I really hope they sell tons of them. Cadillac executives following this sight, the formula that resurrected Cadillac was stand alone models not found in any other GM line. A true Standard of the World car is coming I know and I am waiting to buy one !
    It's been 3.5

And you think that's long enough to design a flagship, develop, test and produce? They went into bankruptcy. Then they had to fight through it, cut down costs and do what they could.

Funny what the great unwashed think is acceptable time to produce a flagship. A Camaro took longer to get from concept to the street.

Yeah, just slap together a flagship. Have fun with that...

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

so what parts are shared between the equinox and the srx?

the engine cradles aren't ... i would figure that if it was a re-badge at least the engine cradle would be the same

frame rails are different

upper tie bars are different

what's the same?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

MY local dealer has 2 in stock both Graphite Metallic.

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho

It's been 3.5

And you think that's long enough to design a flagship, develop, test and produce? They went into bankruptcy. Then they had to fight through it, cut down costs and do what they could.

Funny what the great unwashed think is acceptable time to produce a flagship. A Camaro took longer to get from concept to the street.

Yeah, just slap together a flagship. Have fun with that...
    Hello, what do you call the brand new from ground up ATS ? No rebadging on the ATS right ? My point exactly. Bankruptcy was irrelevant it was a bailout by the government NOT a normal bankruptcy. Cadillac CTS compotes beautifully with the 3 and 5 series BMW. Beyond me why they did not use all that money for flagship vs ATS. Odd executive decisions.

DG2
    Ok. I am at Caddy dealer and just drive XTS. I must say. Very very nice !! Great room and look. I would buy

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by DG2
    Ok. I am at Caddy dealer and just drive XTS. I must say. Very very nice !! Great room and look. I would buy
    I was most impressed with back seat room overall interior quality was the best ever in a Caddy. The more I looked at the exterior I most say it looks super modern. Drove smooth and extremely quite but she needs that V8.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Chevy Equnox. When Saturn was around they also had a Saturn SUV which was the same as SRX built in Mexico ( a sin for a Cadillac ti be made in Mexico) Oh. GM. You must always build Cadillacs in USA. Imagine a Harley Davidson made in Mexico
    The new SRX is NOT a rebadge of the Equinox/Terrain. It does share some features with them though.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    so what parts are shared between the equinox and the srx?

the engine cradles aren't ... i would figure that if it was a re-badge at least the engine cradle would be the same

frame rails are different

upper tie bars are different

what's the same?
    The new SRX is a Theta-Epsilon chassis, so it's a cross between the Theta chassis Equinox/Terrain, and Epsilon chassis Buick LaCrosse. So it's not going to share many if any parts with either. Somebody just thinks they know it all.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

DG2
    Same car built on the same line. Yes lots of goodies added to make a Caddy but it's the same chassis , same body with different style. To add comparison the Buick Enclave and GMC Arcadia are the same car with different Steve cues. Likewise with the SRX. It's a rebadge there is no hiding it gents.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    I was most impressed with back seat room overall interior quality was the best ever in a Caddy. The more I looked at the exterior I most say it looks super modern. Drove smooth and extremely quite but she needs that V8.
    My feeling exactly - except that it either needs a V8 OR a stronger Supercharged or TT V6 (in the interest of fuel economy). My MKS rear seat is BIG, but I dare say the XTS rear seat appears even bigger (I have not compared actual numbers yet).

DG2
    By the way nothing to get defensive about Honda Toyota Nissan all do rebadging with their luxury brands. My point was for Cadillac to be the standard of the world again they should do pure standalone Cadillac only cars not shared on any other GM platform. However I do recognize that that is a bit too expensive in today's marketplace to do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.