XTS at my Cadillac dealer today. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS at my Cadillac dealer today. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; As an engineer, I find the rep's statement a little questionable.. $200,000? Maybe he assumes it's a prototype vehicle, which ...
    WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Re: XTS at my Cadillac dealer today.

As an engineer, I find the rep's statement a little questionable.. $200,000? Maybe he assumes it's a prototype vehicle, which I would think that figure might be low, but I wouldn't think that a prototype vehicle would be taken to dealerships except perhaps locally in the metro Detroit area.. By now any vehicles being shown should be "saleable" vehicles, even if they are vehicles slow-built on the home-line prior to start of regular production. As such they might be a little more costly in terms of labor, but components should be at production pricing. I could be wrong, I never got involved with pricing between the OEM and tier 1's.

What I do know is that among the uses for these saleable pre-production vehicles, it's common practice that they might have testing or show uses, and at the end of this usage they do get sold and normally company employees are eligble to buy these vehicles - and it's not for $200,00. But of course, those employees buying these vehicles don't want them trashed or the OEM doesn't want to have to repair trashedness of the vehicle.

JMT
    JMT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

What a sad way to be treated. I know if this had happened to me I would have exited the car, went over to the rep, shook his hand, and congratulated him on just selling his first Lexus of the day...lol

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I received a call from Classic Cadillac in Atlanta, they received two XTS's today.

ThunderGray34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2007

The question is whether to purchase a Cadillac notwithstanding the generally terrible dealer experience. I have yet to speak with a Cadillac salesperson in person who was not rude and/or insulting. And the insults include stating things that are not even charitably understood as preposterous. If you want to be treated as a complete moron and a rube, visit a Cadillac dealer. But the dealer is not the car. The dealer just makes purchasing the car in person a generally odious experience.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Just saw one up close at my dealer. "eh". This one us definitely fir the DTS crowd. Way too long of a rear. Come on GM. Get the tip tier 7 series fighter on market already. Geez !

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Just saw one up close at my dealer. "eh". This one us definitely fir the DTS crowd. Way too long of a rear. Come on GM. Get the tip tier 7 series fighter on market already. Geez !
    I am the DTS crowd and this car is not for me at all. My local Caddy dealer just got one in last week so I took a up close and personel look at it. Don't get me wrong it is nice but I just don't care for the dimensions. In my opinion this is a mid size car not a full size. If we are talking Chevy/Buick/Ford etc then this car would be considered full size but in the luxo-car/Cadillac world its mid size. The sales manager at the dealer knows me good and told me very soon Cadilac will have a few cars that will be all very close in size. I assume he is talling about the 2014 CTS(which looks almost as big as a XTS), The mystery LTS which will maybe replace the XTS and the new Omega flagship which I hope is bigger then the XTS.

All in all the XTS looks good and I am likeing the inside. I am still up in the air if I want to trade my DTS in on it tho. I am really interested in what Cadillac has in the pipeline and even tho we cant see too much of it, the new CTS looks bigger and nicer then the current one.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DG2
    Sure, have them make it in a few months. And then watch you flip out at driving crap...

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by JMT View Post
    What a sad way to be treated. I know if this had happened to me I would have exited the car, went over to the rep, shook his hand, and congratulated him on just selling his first Lexus of the day...lol
    After listening to him, he was a little man with a huge Napoleon complex. He was showing a car that he himself couldn't afford and resenting every second of it. I seriously wanted to ask him why he even took the job.

What was priceless was the look on his face after hearing my conversation with my salesman. He asked me what I thought, I gave my impressions but expressed my displeasure with the engine choice, to which my salesman said "well we'll just have to keep you in an Escalade when your current lease expires". Knowing this tool was listening I shot back, well there's always that V couple out front...why don't we take it for a spin!! The look on the guys face was priceless. His loss as I'm sure he would've received some kind of credit for making a pre-sale, and I probably would've as I brought my checkbook which otherwise I wouldn't have been carrying.

@WillK...I didn't believe one word of his crap. Listening to him interact with others, he made a snap judgement based on my appearance--I was wearing a Tommy Bahama t-shirt, shorts, and Cole Haan loafers (he probably has no idea who Tommy Bahama and Cole Haan are)--and decided that I was most definitely not a Cadillac customer. One of the things I learned early on, from my father in honor of fathers day, is don't judge a book by its cover!

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm

After listening to him, he was a little man with a huge Napoleon complex. He was showing a car that he himself couldn't afford and resenting every second of it. I seriously wanted to ask him why he even took the job.

What was priceless was the look on his face after hearing my conversation with my salesman. He asked me what I thought, I gave my impressions but expressed my displeasure with the engine choice, to which my salesman said "well we'll just have to keep you in an Escalade when your current lease expires". Knowing this tool was listening I shot back, well there's always that V couple out front...why don't we take it for a spin!! The look on the guys face was priceless. His loss as I'm sure he would've received some kind of credit for making a pre-sale, and I probably would've as I brought my checkbook which otherwise I wouldn't have been carrying.

@WillK...I didn't believe one word of his crap. Listening to him interact with others, he made a snap judgement based on my appearance--I was wearing a Tommy Bahama t-shirt, shorts, and Cole Haan loafers (he probably has no idea who Tommy Bahama and Cole Haan are)--and decided that I was most definitely not a Cadillac customer. One of the things I learned early on, from my father in honor of fathers day, is don't judge a book by its cover!
    Amen to that!! Thats my biggest pet peeve is when people judge a book by its cover! That's how society works though sadly.......

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho

Sure, have them make it in a few months. And then watch you flip out at driving crap...
    It's been 10 years now since the first CTS has been introduced. Call me crazy but I think GM could have had a Cadillac of Cadillacs by now ! Also, when I bought my first Cadillac(04 CTS) the promise from GM was no more rebadged Caddys. They were going be stand alone ( Escalade aside ). The CTS , STS and original SRX Lived up to that promise. Unfortunately with the new SRX and now XTS GM green lighted rebadging Shame. I was waiting ti see if the rebadged Buick Lacrosse would be amazing enough for me to forget its a front wheel drive Buick. Come on GM this is how you messed
    Cadillac the last go around.

DG2

GM has had 10 years to come out with a "Cadillac" of Cadillacs. Come on. The CTS came out late 2002 as an 03 ! What bothers me the most is GM has now gone back to the formula that hurt them so bad, rebadging ! The new Cadillacs were suppose to be stand alone and originally they were ( escalade aside). The CTS, STS and original SRX were only Caddys. Now the XTS joins the newSRX as a rebadge.

Look. I am a huge Cadillac fan currently owning 2 but a $62,000 front wheel drive Buick Lacrosse with Cadillac badge on the grill. Come on GM ! Be The Standard of the World .....

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I drove one at my dealer's on Saturday. Loaded up, but not a Platinum. Liked the CUE system a lot. Really nice use of leather and soft plastics on the interior. Honestly tough in looks, the outside reminds me of my MKS Ecoboost - same lower chrome door strip, similar shape and window surround etc. (see photo with my car) . It was a nice car to drive, but it needs something more than the 3.6 to get me excited. Here are some pics of the one I drove.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DG2

GM has had 10 years to come out with a "Cadillac" of Cadillacs. Come on. The CTS came out late 2002 as an 03 ! What bothers me the most is GM has now gone back to the formula that hurt them so bad, rebadging ! The new Cadillacs were suppose to be stand alone and originally they were ( escalade aside). The CTS, STS and original SRX were only Caddys. Now the XTS joins the newSRX as a rebadge.

Look. I am a huge Cadillac fan currently owning 2 but a $62,000 front wheel drive Buick Lacrosse with Cadillac badge on the grill. Come on GM ! Be The Standard of the World .....
    Did you sleep through the recession and bankruptcy? They are now getting to the flagship. But you don't roll one out in a few months. You need to wait.

DG2

Did you sleep through the recession and bankruptcy? They are now getting to the flagship. But you don't roll one out in a few months. You need to wait.
    I hear you my friend but the bankruptcy was four years ago and thanks to uncle gave GM huge capital to be Cadillac again. Instead. Rebadging. I wished they would have tweaked and stretched the STS instead of doing a Buick rebadge and then come out with the 7 series fighter. Don't get me wrong the XTS is a very nice car and I really hope they sell tons of them. Cadillac executives following this sight, the formula that resurrected Cadillac was stand alone models not found in any other GM line. A true Standard of the World car is coming I know and I am waiting to buy one !

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

The fact that the current design rental fleet 2012 Impala has the same 3.6 standard, as the state of the art XTS (and no options to upgrade engine), is problematic in my eyes. Good engine, don't get me wrong, but problematic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.