In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey everyone! I'm at an XTS training event all day with access to 5 XTSs of varying trim levels, so ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here

Hey everyone!

I'm at an XTS training event all day with access to 5 XTSs of varying trim levels, so if you have any questions or photo requests, post them up now and I'll do my best to get answers from the factory reps or pics you want.

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Re: In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here

Does the XTS have the red and black interior option like the ATS? Thanks.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

We've all seen the Platinum in the Black/Birds Eye Maple combo -- is there a brown option? (e.g. Tan/Walnut of some variety?
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Thumbs up Re: In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here

Does the event include your actually driving one? When is the production starting? My order was accepted by GM on April 20, eagerly awaiting any news .Thanks.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Ask them why they dropped the massaging front seats, power lumbar for the rear seats and the rear seat vanity mirrors. Especially reference the massaging front seats. Also ask why they dropped Intellibeam and the power folding outside mirrors. And why they didn't include the power closing trunk, and the glove soft semi-aniline leather. Why did they drop the wood trimmed steering wheel?? Why aren't the rear seat headrest adjustable like they were in the DTS.

-No red interior

-Driving event doesn't happen until next month- today is for tech and interior.

-Rear headrests ARE adjustable- I'll post a video later.

-Start of production is 2nd week of May.

Unfortunately there are no designers here, so questions of "why" are impossible to get answered. I would assume it's because the XTS occupies a "mid lux" segment and price point, therefore those extras were cut to make room for items they felt would make the car stand out such as CUE and the MUCH improved interior (seriously, you have to sit in this car to appreciate how much better the interior is than anything Cadillac offers) and still maintain competitive price. Hey, we got rear sunshades back after losing them on DTS!

I'm finishing lunch and then heading back to the ballroom and the cars, so more to follow.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Thanks Tony.

Everything I mentioned is offered on the E and 5 series, which Cadillac says are direct competitors for the XTS. Since Cadillac says its a direct replacement for the DTS (and STS), it should be safe to assume that all equipment available on either of those cars should/would be available on the XTS, either standard or optional.

I hear ya about the rear sunshades! I was so happy to see them on the DHS, and then really diappointed when they were deleted with '06 refresh. I had hoped they would've been part of the Platinum package, but no such luck.

Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks for the additional information Cadillac Tony!

eddie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Could you post some side profile shots? Also a front view from eye level shot looking down would be good too, thanks.

Okay, the event is over. I mostly skipped taking pictures of the car since there's a million of those already out there, but did photograph the lighted door handles because I hadn't seen those shown yet.

I'm also uploading videos to YouTube of the very cool smooth trunk opening mechanism, as well as one where I go through a few features on the new instrument cluster. While I tried to get a picture of the new 4 way headrests and adjustable rear headrests, my 3GS camera with no flash just couldn't see them in the dark ballroom.

To answer an earlier comment, Cadillac is very adamant that this car is NOT a replacement for the DTS and STS- it is an all new product aimed at a different market segment. I'll miss massage and intellibeam too, but with the addition of things NOT offered on the DTS (like adaptive headlights, CUE, the vastly superior interior, ultraview, automatic braking and more), I guess they had to drop a few items to keep the price from skyrocketing.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Appreciate it Tony! Please provide the link to your YouTube post when you get a chance.

I've been trying to upload it over 3G for a while now, but it keeps failing. I'll transfer it to my PC and upload it later.

My biggest takeaway from this whole event was how quality the car is. Let's be real- a lot of people are assuming it's going to be another Tahoe/Escalade situation, but those fears go away when you sit in it. This car oozes quality, from the soft touch materials everywhere to the modern infotainment. It's also the first Cadillac I've ever seen that has that same soft "whump" when you close the door that you get on Audi and Mercedes Benz. The trunk and back seat are huge (and folds down, too!), the fit/finish is excellent, the seats are comfy and the driver interface (dash, radio, nav, natural voice recognition) is leagues ahead of BMW and MB.

Not everyone will like it, but they're not trying to sell it to everyone either. I have a lot more confidence in the XTS as a "real Cadillac" after sitting in it today. If it drives as good as it looks and sits, it's going to be a great vehicle.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Tony, your comments make me very happy that I have one on order I was very impressed with the quality on the prototypes I sat in as well as the overall layout. I was an early adopter of the significantly changed 2005 STS (complete with Kip Waseko's signature on the dash) and have one of the first ones produced and released to the public. It has been a great car. I anticipate this will be even better.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i assume that they will be listed here: http://www.youtube.com/user/PlazaCadillacTony when they're done uploading
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the url link for Tony. I am relatively new to the site and was not aware of that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.