In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thanks Tony....
    ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Re: In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here

Thanks Tony.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Oh, for those of you who requested a photo of the base/luxury dash, I found a picture I took on my phone where you can sort of make it out.

It's not great, I know, but you can see the blue shaded gauges and the rectangular digital display on the bottom for pandora, tires, etc. It's a nice looking information center.
    Thanks for the pic Tony. I like this dash alot better. You mention the Omega flagship I see. The one thing I wonder and maybe you can shed some light or at least a good guess at it, is if the new flagship will at least offer AWD for those who do not want RWD. I know its way to soon to even ponder but we all know this is on its way. The talk is around 2015 or so. But I will be interested in it if they offer AWD. Let me know your thoughts.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i'll speculate...

IF the AWD in the XTS does well then i would think that there would be a good chance at an AWD omega

that is unless... the omega is getting some sort of fancy 4-wheel electric drive system to augment/compliment a turbocharged RWD powertrain

... this is going off of what we know about the ciel concept

tony may know more (or correct me on some of this)

but i think that a powerful, yet fuel efficient large luxury sedan is something that they should be aiming at if they already aren't

but hey, that's just me and my thoughts on it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Also, they decided to replace the "mesh" type sunshade for the Ultraview (like the CTS uses) with a solid one like the SRX uses, but it was too late to pull the parts orders and change suppliers. Launch vehicles will have a mesh sunshade, but that will change a few months from now- just an FYI.
    Glad to see this mentioned. Did the sunroof look familiar to you? It is pretty much a carry-over from CTS. When the solid sunshade is released, there are changes to some of the frame that go along with the change to the sunshade fabric.

The biggest difference between CTS and XTS sunroof is the headliner attachment. So you couldn't really take an XTS sunroof module and put it into a CTS to get a solid sunshade. Not unless you improvised a headliner attachment.

That much can be said since it's stuff you can tell pretty well from looking now that the car is out in public. I'll mention that with the CTS sunroof having been out and getting continuous improvement over its past few years in production and with the new testing for XTS, it should be much more robust than when it launched on CTS model year 2008. The feedback here really helped me focus on areas to focus during testing.

At this point, I've changed jobs and now I'm working at a tier 1 seating supplier, so I won't have any more new sunroof info and any inside info I do have is still subject to confidentiality.

thanks for the update/info Will... you aren't by any chance working on fixing a "rocking seat" issue are you?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Haha.. actually I'll be working on Ford programs, and today's my first day at the new job. If this is a CTS issue I might, as it happens, be working at the supplier of the seat frame..

cool... yeah it was the 'rockin recaro' issue

I don't think I have any connection currently with that - Recaro was bought by the other seat supplier where I worked before I worked at GM, except when I was working at the other seat supplier I was working on Chrysler programs.

And before that I spent a few years outside the automotive industry, not really by choice - I kind of wanted to not be unemployed. If it wasn't such a personal financial hardship, I'd say that it has been interesting to see the transformation that's been going on in the job marketplace. In 2007 there were very few engineering jobs in automotive, then when I came back in 2010 the jobs started coming back but they were contract with stripped down benefits and salary.. Now, it almost seems as though it's swung the other way- there almost seems to be a shortage of job applicants at a time the need is expanding.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by WillK View Post
    I don't think I have any connection currently with that - Recaro was bought by the other seat supplier where I worked before I worked at GM, except when I was working at the other seat supplier I was working on Chrysler programs.

And before that I spent a few years outside the automotive industry, not really by choice - I kind of wanted to not be unemployed. If it wasn't such a personal financial hardship, I'd say that it has been interesting to see the transformation that's been going on in the job marketplace. In 2007 there were very few engineering jobs in automotive, then when I came back in 2010 the jobs started coming back but they were contract with stripped down benefits and salary.. Now, it almost seems as though it's swung the other way- there almost seems to be a shortage of job applicants at a time the need is expanding.
    I'm in IT, but have contact with several headhunters. They said that the job market in the Detroit Metro area for engineers has gotten very hot. Now they're looking at bringing people from out of state because of the demand. Same goes for IT skills.

Three years ago everyone was leaving Michigan, now there's a demand to bring people back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.