In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The XTSs making the dealer rounds right now are factory rep cars, same ones I sat in at the training ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here

The XTSs making the dealer rounds right now are factory rep cars, same ones I sat in at the training session. They are technically pre-production, but should be identical to production units except having an older version of the CUE software.

The park brake is electronic, like Chris said. It's located on the dash right near the door opening, and visible in the first 30 seconds of the dash video I posted above.

As far as video playback in park, I believe it will play video from the glovebox mounted CD/DVD/BD player. I didn't ask though, so I put a call in to find out for sure. As soon as I hear back I'll let you know.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

oh, it will have blu-ray? that's good news!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Eh, bad news folks. The CD slot in the glovebox of the XTS will play CD and MP3 only- no DVD-ROM or BD-ROM.

I had previously heard it supported BD, but Cadillac feels that with the multitude of portable media the car supports (SD Card, USB, Pandora, HD Radio and XM/Sirius) a physical media slot with DVD/BD support was redundant.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Thanks for sharing all of this!

Do you by chance have any photos of the base bluish instrument cluster?

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Eh, bad news folks. The CD slot in the glovebox of the XTS will play CD and MP3 only- no DVD-ROM or BD-ROM.

I had previously heard it supported BD, but Cadillac feels that with the multitude of portable media the car supports (SD Card, USB, Pandora, HD Radio and XM/Sirius) a physical media slot with DVD/BD support was redundant.
    Doesn't the optional Rear Seat Entertainment System play Blu-Ray??

OK... I had heard that they dropped blu-ray also and was surprised that tony said it was BD supported...

the RSE systems might play blu-ray though ... they should ... that info is probably not yet nailed down
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Thanks very much for looking into that for me Tony. I am very dissapointed on that, not that it is a stopping point of not buying one. However there seems to be a few things that the STS/DTS had that this car does not. Of course I know this car has stuff those 2 did not also. But I just hope when the real flagship comes out(if it comes out) they are not so scared of the price being too high and they load that car up to the gills. One last thing Tony that I have not heard, how much can the CUE system hold in terms of gigabites. So can you burn all your CDs onto the hard drive like you can on the CTS's nav system?

No downloading of music files into the CUE system, which I don't think is a big loss. I never really understood the point anyway- I can get a 4-6GB USB stick for next to nothing, and once I put all my music on it I can just leave it plugged into the hidden USB slot.

With the option to play your library from SD Card, stream from your device or Pandora over Bluetooth or USB, I can't see many people going through the hassle of a lengthy process to download things into the car .
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

yeah, i bought a 4G usb stick for like $5 on amazon the other day... was so surprised by the cost that i went and got a 16gb for like $18 also!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I've had my V for 2.5 years and have downloaded nothing into the hard drive...

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

No downloading of music files into the CUE system, which I don't think is a big loss. I never really understood the point anyway- I can get a 4-6GB USB stick for next to nothing, and once I put all my music on it I can just leave it plugged into the hidden USB slot.

With the option to play your library from SD Card, stream from your device or Pandora over Bluetooth or USB, I can't see many people going through the hassle of a lengthy process to download things into the car .
    Thanks Tony. I never thought about it that way. I think in the 2007 to 11 era before there was a USB link it was a good idea but now if they do have a place to put your usb it makes sense.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Thank you for all the great information, Tony. The XTS sounds REALLY nice. What are your thoughts on the new market segment that the XTS is aimed at? And what should the DTS/STS segment do at this point?
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

That's a difficult question to sum up in a short post. I would say Cadillac is aiming more for a "middle ground" between the older customers looking for a large, floaty vehicle and younger customers who want style, tech and performance on top of a more modern type of luxury.

The DTS was a great vehicle as far as the ride comfort and trunk space is concerned, but left a lot to be desired in terms of interior quality on the non-Platinum models, as well as technology. The XTS retains 98% of the trunk space and rear seat legroom for our more traditional customers, but also brings a modern, higher quality interior and technology 10 times that of the DTS (HiPer strut, 6 speed trans, Pandora, CUE, adaptive headlights, etc).

I assume it's a challenge to bring in more affluent, younger buyers while also not alienating your Cadillac traditionalists, but I don't see how they could have done a better job. The Omega car will be a legitimate competitor to the S-Class and 7 Series for those buyers who put a premium on RWD and large engines, but that car will carry a price point which excludes a large portion of buyers who want luxury, style and tech without spending $70k+. For everyone else, the XTS fills a HUGE gap in Cadillac's lineup and gives them another choice for large luxury without an obscene price tag.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Thanks, Tony. I think the XTS is going to fit in the Cadillac lineup very nicely. The Lexus ES proves there's a place for a front wheel drive car that favors luxury over performance and if you're interested in that type of car, you'd be crazy to buy anything without looking at the XTS first - where you'll have pretty much better everything by going with the Cadillac. I could see the next Acura RL (still far off, think) being competitive but not so much the Lincoln MKS. The only advantage of the Lincoln is performance - for the time being.

Personally, I think Lincoln is going to have it's feelings hurt when they see the way the XTS flies out of dealer lots...

That's a difficult question to sum up in a short post. I would say Cadillac is aiming more for a "middle ground" between the older customers looking for a large, floaty vehicle and younger customers who want style, tech and performance on top of a more modern type of luxury.

The DTS was a great vehicle as far as the ride comfort and trunk space is concerned, but left a lot to be desired in terms of interior quality on the non-Platinum models, as well as technology. The XTS retains 98% of the trunk space and rear seat legroom for our more traditional customers, but also brings a modern, higher quality interior and technology 10 times that of the DTS (HiPer strut, 6 speed trans, Pandora, CUE, adaptive headlights, etc).

I assume it's a challenge to bring in more affluent, younger buyers while also not alienating your Cadillac traditionalists, but I don't see how they could have done a better job. The Omega car will be a legitimate competitor to the S-Class and 7 Series for those buyers who put a premium on RWD and large engines, but that car will carry a price point which excludes a large portion of buyers who want luxury, style and tech without spending $70k+. For everyone else, the XTS fills a HUGE gap in Cadillac's lineup and gives them another choice for large luxury without an obscene price tag.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Oh, for those of you who requested a photo of the base/luxury dash, I found a picture I took on my phone where you can sort of make it out.

It's not great, I know, but you can see the blue shaded gauges and the rectangular digital display on the bottom for pandora, tires, etc. It's a nice looking information center.
    Attached Images
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.