In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I appreciate the feedback, Caddy Chris! I just checked my resources again and found that the XTS's start up date ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here

I appreciate the feedback, Caddy Chris! I just checked my resources again and found that the XTS's start up date is indeed still scheduled for "early to mid-May 2012," as Cadillac Tony stated above. From the start up date to dealer is approximately 8-12 weeks. Availability of vehicle options, transport distance, and production sequencing can all affect the timing of this, so please check in with me anytime. I'm always happy to consult my resources for updates!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

Thanks for the reply Katie. Than makes me sad. Honestly my dealer seems to think it will be here in a month or so. Since I have to wait another 3 or 4 months I may as well wait for the ATS and see which I like better.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

If the XTS would of had most of this technology to it self I would be so much more happier with it. But all the features that we see here will make there way to the 2013 ATS and SRX and 2014 CTS. I do like the light up door handles, that is classy. One thing I hate and think looks terrible not only in your video but when I saw it in person at the auto show is that bad video game quality digital dash. If I were to consider an XTS that would be off the table for sure. Can you tell us how the standard IP looks in terms of clarity and design? Not the ugly Nintendo IP.

cooncat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS V8

Tony, thank you for the great review of the XTS. It's so nice to hear something good about a new car on these forums. Folks, the era of the large, high horsepowered, gas consuming Caddy's is over. As much as I love my northstar STS. I don't like the heavy fuel consumption. I'm looking forward to seeing the new models and wish I could afford to purchase one of them.
    Tony, again, thanks for the great review.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I thought the uplevel dash looks great in person. My phone video blew out the contrast and made it look very grainy and washed out on the video, but it looks excellent to me when not filtered through my iPhone in a dark room. One thing I noticed after filming it is that they had the brightness cranked up to maximum in the settings menu so everyone could see it well, which did make it look a bit blown out. Considering TV stores like Best Buy always do the same thing to their display TVs to make them more eye catching, I'd bet they had the XTS set that way at the show you went to as well.

If that's not your cup of tea, the traditional dash in the Standard and Luxury models still looks really good, with a nice blue glow outlining the dials, a crisp white font on a black background and a large rectangular full color screen in the bottom 20% to display fuel, phone, pandora, etc. Let me see if I can find a pic...

Both clusters look excellent in my opinion.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Did you get a chance to check out the heads-up display Tony?

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yes I did, but the iPhone couldn't photograph it well. It was very bright, easy to read and had a nice mixture of colors to make important info stand out. Here's a picture from the training materials:

XTS HUD.jpg
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Thanks Tony. Looks good

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    I thought the uplevel dash looks great in person. My phone video blew out the contrast and made it look very grainy and washed out on the video, but it looks excellent to me when not filtered through my iPhone in a dark room. One thing I noticed after filming it is that they had the brightness cranked up to maximum in the settings menu so everyone could see it well, which did make it look a bit blown out. Considering TV stores like Best Buy always do the same thing to their display TVs to make them more eye catching, I'd bet they had the XTS set that way at the show you went to as well.

If that's not your cup of tea, the traditional dash in the Standard and Luxury models still looks really good, with a nice blue glow outlining the dials, a crisp white font on a black background and a large rectangular full color screen in the bottom 20% to display fuel, phone, pandora, etc. Let me see if I can find a pic...

Both clusters look excellent in my opinion.
    Thanks for the info Tony. Maybe that is the reason it looks so bad the few times I have seen it. If the brightness was turned up too high well then that may explain why it looks odd to me. But I will still go with the analog dash if I decide on it or the ATS which from what I hear will have a similer layout.

----------

One more question I have been wondering about Tony, will the XTS play DVD's in park? I know it has a glovebox mounted CD/MP3 player but I was wondering if it is set up to play DVDs like many of the past and current Cadillacs do. Thanks

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

Thanks again Tony. Any further info you can provide??

Just received an email from the dealer that they will have an XTS for the day next Tuesday, May8. I've seen the XTS in person at NAIAS, but it was on the turntable, this will be the first opportunity to sit in it. Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post
    Just received an email from the dealer that they will have an XTS for the day next Tuesday, May8. I've seen the XTS in person at NAIAS, but it was on the turntable, this will be the first opportunity to sit in it. Can't wait!!
    "rjm" it is well worth being able to get inside the new XTS, open the trunk, etc. We had one here in Vegas about one month ago and I was very impressed. However, it still was a preproduction version so some of the buttons were not functional. Also, only the Cadillac rep who brought the car was allowed to drive it, no one from the dealership, since it was preproduction. I will be very interested to hear from you as to whether the one at your dealer is also a preproduction version.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

it will definitely be pre-production but the question will be how functional/operational will the dash and CUE system be?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

I expect it to be preproduction. Playing with CUE will certainly be nice, but I'm most interested in the overall interior roominess at this point, and of course driving it. But I have no doubt the driving experience should be sublime!

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Thanks for the informative info, Tony! Could you comment on the emergency brake of the XTS? Thanks.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

I would assume it is very similiar (if not exactly similar) to the e-brake in the 2nd Gen CTS-Vs and all the 2nd Gen SRXs ... lots of info out already about those
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.