In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Upload finally went through over 3G. It still says "processing", but here's the link:...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Upload finally went through over 3G. It still says "processing", but here's the link:

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: In an XTS right now- post questions/pic requests here

Great Tony. Informative.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium, '15 Escalade Premium ordered

Thanks again Tony!

Most of my questions/criticisms is trying to keep Cadillac on their A-game. As many cars as I had with the massaging front seats, I could probably count on ONE hand the number of times I actually used it, but it was nice knowing it was there. I miss the rear sunshades alot more.

I anxiously await the XTS, as I'm not a truck person, and while the Escalade is nice its still a truck.

What would you say to someone like me, who would be driving an S550, 7-series, Jag XJL if not for a big Cadillac??

Thanks,

RJM

RicktheRealtor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Thanks for posting Tony. I'm curious as to the delay in getting the Driver's assist package. Can you confirm that that is now only coming out next fall?

Here's another short video I took of the trunk opening.

It's a minor detail, but I love how it glides open like an electric liftgate instead of just flying up like the DTS or needing to be lifted like the CTS and STS.

Attention to these minor details is what makes this car so impressive.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RicktheRealtor
    Thanks for posting Tony. I'm curious as to the delay in getting the Driver's assist package. Can you confirm that that is now only coming out next fall?
    Yes, Driver Assist won't be available at launch, most likely due to a supplier shortage or last minute tuning of the software.

Also, they decided to replace the "mesh" type sunshade for the Ultraview (like the CTS uses) with a solid one like the SRX uses, but it was too late to pull the parts orders and change suppliers. Launch vehicles will have a mesh sunshade, but that will change a few months from now- just an FYI.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by rjm
    Thanks again Tony...

What would you say to someone like me, who would be driving an S550, 7-series, Jag XJL if not for a big Cadillac??

Thanks,

RJM
    I'd tell you that the XTS has 96% of the rear leg room (40" vs 42") and a larger trunk than the S class, all in a smaller footprint that takes up less space and is easier to park and wash. I'd also say that the driver interface and technology of CUE is light years above Mercedes' COMAND system, and that the exterior styling is more brash, unique and American, as opposed to looking similar to less expensive siblings. The S-Class is an amazing car, but it's a safe choice for people with money and they're commonplace in certain circles. Some people like to march to a different drummer than the rest of the crowd (maybe a Breitling instead of a Rolex?), and the XTS brings a completely different look and level of technology to the party.

Those few things alone should give one pause, but then consider that the Cadillac is literally HALF the price of a comparably equipped S550, and it's awfully hard to make a case for the competition.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Tony you indicated "Also, they decided to replace the "mesh" type sunshade for the Ultraview (like the CTS uses) with a solid one like the SRX uses, but it was too late to pull the parts orders and change suppliers. Launch vehicles will have a mesh sunshade, but that will change a few months from now- just an FYI." Since I presume my order will be one of the first built, do you think the solid sunshade (like I have in my STS) is a lot better than the mesh type it will apparently come with? Also, if the delay on the Driver Assist is a software issue, do you anticipate they will upgrade the software on the early/launch models?

I like the mesh sunshade in the CTS personally, but some others don't. Your STS has a hard sunshade panel that you pull back by hand, but the CTS and SRX have a thin shade that rolls back electrically. I like how the mesh lets a small amount of "glow" into the car and makes it feel roomier, but it's down to personal preference.

As far as the Driver Assist Package, the launch vehicles will not have the actual hardware installed. We weren't told exactly why, but it's not something that can be added back in simply via software. Launch pricing reflects the lack of this option however, so you're not paying for it- later vehicles that include the Assist Package will have a higher price.

One other FYI on options not available at launch is the Black Diamond Paint. Cadillac is using a new clearcoat process to further enhance the metal flake in the paint on all XTS colors, but they feel like they're "not there yet" on the Black Diamond, so it won't be released until they're happy with the finish.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

rjm

I hear ya Tony! That's why I don't have an S-Class.

I seriously considered it before leasing my last DTS--an '08 Platinum, even kept it overnight. But I kept asking myself, is it really worth TWICE the price of the DTS?? Ultimately, I had to answer no even though I really liked the car.

I was recently at a ride and drive event and had the opportunity to spend some time driving an S550, and rather than wanting to purchase it, it actually made me miss my DTS!

Command and IDrive are two of the worst systems on the market. I don't know why either gets even a remotely passing grade. Just changing the radio station on either is a most frustrating experience. I equate luxury with ease of use, and those systems are anything but easy!

I anxiously await seat time in a Platinum XTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    I like the mesh sunshade in the CTS personally, but some others don't. Your STS has a hard sunshade panel that you pull back by hand, but the CTS and SRX have a thin shade that rolls back electrically. I like how the mesh lets a small amount of "glow" into the car and makes it feel roomier, but it's down to personal preference.

As far as the Driver Assist Package, the launch vehicles will not have the actual hardware installed. We weren't told exactly why, but it's not something that can be added back in simply via software. Launch pricing reflects the lack of this option however, so you're not paying for it- later vehicles that include the Assist Package will have a higher price.

One other FYI on options not available at launch is the Black Diamond Paint. Cadillac is using a new clearcoat process to further enhance the metal flake in the paint on all XTS colors, but they feel like they're "not there yet" on the Black Diamond, so it won't be released until they're happy with the finish.
    Thanks for the clarification. I opted for the Platinum level in the Radiant Silver Metallic, so no delay due to the paint for me.

rjm

I hear ya Tony! That's why I don't have an S-Class.

I seriously considered it before leasing my last DTS--an '08 Platinum, even kept it overnight. But I kept asking myself, is it really worth TWICE the price of the DTS?? Ultimately, I had to answer no even though I really liked the car.

I was recently at a ride and drive event and had the opportunity to spend some time driving an S550, and rather than wanting to purchase it, it actually made me miss my DTS!

Command and IDrive are two of the worst systems on the market. I don't know why either gets even a remotely passing grade. Just changing the radio station on either is a most frustrating experience. I equate luxury with ease of use, and those systems are anything but easy!

I anxiously await seat time in a Platinum XTS.

Another cool story from today, straight from the horse's mouth- how the XTS got its name.

While designing the car, the team was adamant that this car was a clean break from the STS and DTS and not meant to directly "replace" them, therefore it needed a new name. During the design phase they labeled their work "xTS", with the intention of eventually deciding on a first letter to use instead of the placeholder lower case x.

One day Bob Lutz walks in and says "XTS, I like it", and from then on the car was officially the XTS.

So there you go- put that one in your hat and win a bar bet 5 years from now.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Another cool story from today, straight from the horse's mouth- how the XTS got its name.

While designing the car, the team was adamant that this car was a clean break from the STS and DTS and not meant to directly "replace" them, therefore it needed a new name. During the design phase they labeled their work "xTS", with the intention of eventually deciding on a first letter to use instead of the placeholder lower case x.

One day Bob Lutz walks in and says "XTS, I like it", and from then on the car was officially the XTS.

So there you go- put that one in your hat and win a bar bet 5 years from now.
    Great story Tony! That will go into my pack of provenance material on my new XTS.

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

When will the XTS be at the dealer. Surely they have told you that. Also what is taking them so long to get it out. Cadillac really needs to get this thing to market since they only have 1 sedan. Cadillac is so slow about rolling this thing out. I am ready to buy a new car but I must see the XTS before I decide. Also mroe pictures would be nice, I thought I saw a black raven XTS in your video. Pics would be awesome. And thanks for the information.

Production begins mid May, so figure 6-8 weeks after that they will be on Dealer lots (sooner up North near the factory, where shipping won't take as long)- that puts it around late June/Mid July you'll actually be able to drive one home. I think GM has always tipped their hat a little early on new models, which then makes people frustrated when they seem to take so long to come out. Same thing happened with the Camaro and Solstice.

The bright side is that by not rushing it to market, they have the time to iron out all the kinks and avoid the hassle of numerous recalls and campaigns for the early owners. In addition to the traditional captured test fleet, Cadillac is STILL running fleets of XTS around and collecting data to try and catch any last minute kinks. When it comes to a $50-$60,000 purchase, I'd rather wait a month longer and get a quality product.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

Agreed. But they still need to hurry! You are right about letting the cat out of the bag too early. They run a commercial for the ATS what, 9 months before it hits the dealer. If your are going to show the goods you better produce or people will hear wolf! and go buy something else. Like a BMW 3. If it were not for the awesome treatment I get from my dealer as a 3 gen Cadillac customer I would have moved on to something else probably Lexus. I love my CTS but its time for a new car and I want it right now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.