Help me decide: Cadillac XTS or Chrysler 300 Limited Luxury Series - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Help me decide: Cadillac XTS or Chrysler 300 Limited Luxury Series in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho Yeah, more than a decade old Mercedes. There's a fairly large portion of people, who would ...
    TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance

Re: Help me decide: Cadillac XTS or Chrysler 300 Limited Luxury Series

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Yeah, more than a decade old Mercedes.
    There's a fairly large portion of people, who would say a TWENTY year old Mercedes is better, mechanically, than anything brand new out of Detroit.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Yeah, more than a decade old Mercedes.
    20 year old MB > Any 2000+ Impala

The 300's chassis is excellent. What it lacks compared to, say, the Hyundai Genesis is additional sound deadening.

Cant comment on the XTS without driving it, except for how ugly it is. The XTS gives you a lot of tech for your money while the 300 will likely (but not definitely) offer a more interesting drive.
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

And very cool wood (at least in photos) and a nice brown leather -- and, oh, a V8....
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    There's a fairly large portion of people, who would say a TWENTY year old Mercedes is better, mechanically, than anything brand new out of Detroit.
    And those people would be called ignorant morons. Considering my V is spanking brand new Mercedes...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

And those people would be called ignorant morons. Considering my V is spanking brand new Mercedes...
    Be sure to give me an update in how well it's holding together...in 20 years..... The CTS is simply an entry level Cadillette with a huge engine, a jukebox dash, not very comfortable seats, and not very much room inside. Betcha with your ego there's no room for passengers....

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

u will change your mine will u own a E63 amg or M5 BMW...
    we will see..OH mercedes is the best...Everything is trash...in mbworld forums soon..

Bunch of idiots in here. The CTS and the V is a 10 Best car. Mostly because the Sigma II platform IS a world beater.

Since I have first hand experience I have an ego? Again, this forum is run amok with idiots.

I have no problem admitting when a car is better than my preferred brand. I drive a Lincoln Town Car because it serves my job best. I owned a Taurus SHO for 10 years even though I'm not a Ford fan.

And I grew up a BMW fanboy. So I went with Cadillac because they proved to me they could build a world class car.

So you idiots can shut it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic

Be sure to give me an update in how well it's holding together...in 20 years..... The CTS is simply an entry level Cadillette with a huge engine, a jukebox dash, not very comfortable seats, and not very much room inside. Betcha with your ego there's no room for passengers....
    Oh yeah, you're the guy who wants old boats that dont need to handle, just float. Have fun dreaming...

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Bunch of idiots in here. The CTS and the V is a 10 Best car. Mostly because the Sigma II platform IS a world beater.

Since I have first hand experience I have an ego? Again, this forum is run amok with idiots.

I have no problem admitting when a car is better than my preferred brand. I drive a Lincoln Town Car because it serves my job best. I owned a Taurus SHO for 10 years even though I'm not a Ford fan.

And I grew up a BMW fanboy. So I went with Cadillac because they proved to me they could build a world class car.

So you idiots can shut it.

----------

Oh yeah, you're the guy who wants old boats that dont need to handle, just float. Have fun dreaming...
    We're not ALL idiots in here Sad thread for a friggin Cadillac forum...

Not all are idiots, but we can dream...

With all the name calling, as opposed to just stating opinions, "we're" not all gentlemen here either.....

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

I'm not even going to read your post or any of the other posts. There is no point.

It seems a bit misguided to try and make this decision before you can test drive the cars.

If you really need to decide now then choose the XTS.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

If I were to buy an XTS, I'd have to wait for the 3.0TT. It'll make the XTS a really fun drive methinks.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i hope he is really smart like the way he said....

DavidNJ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

An interestingly limited view.

Chrysler 300, about $45k MSRP fully equipped with the 6, $48k with the V8. Excellent road test reviews often comparing the experience to a Bentley. The new interior, which I haven't seen in person yet, covers most interior surfaces in a fairly good leather. Lots of features, lots of room. Features include a fold down rear seat, which can be very useful at times. Neither engine is current technology although both have good NVH. The 8-speed transmission, also used other brands, is handicapped by gears and programming designed to get high numbers on the EPA mileage tests. Chrysler saved money by leaving the styling alone, which looks unusual and a bit dated; only the observant can tell it from the prior model.

Cadillac XTS: New design, an FWD with optional AWD; FWD is rare in this class and really inappropriate for cars with this power level. Lots of features and new technology. To get the high end interior you need the Platinum model, price unannounced. Since the base mode starts at $45k, it is not unrealistic to expect a price on the Platinum in the high $50k range. The Cadillac styling is unique and not for everyone.

Other cars in that price range worthy of consideration:

Infiniti M37, optional interior is one of the best in the class, technology is lagging.
    Jaguar XF, 5L DI V8, beautiful inside and out. Technology is slightly lagging.
    Acura RL, new model for 2013, not my favorite for lots of reasons.
    Lexus GS350, new for 2013, a bit odd looking, can easily get to $60k with options.
    Audi A6, thought by many to be the class leader. If you get all the technology the price will climb to the mid-$60k range, but it starts around $50k with the V6.
    MB E350, new MB AWD technology for 2013, DI engine, a little to harsh and to many plastics in the interior unless you get the very expensive Designo option. Lots of standard and optional safety equipment including drowsiness detection, industry leading active cruise control, night vision, etc.
    BMW 528, BMW has raised the prices so much it is hard to get more than a minimalist 528 with its 240hp 4-cylinder turbo for under $60k.
    Hyundai Equus, High $50k range before discount, high end car from the world's 4th largest auto manufacturer.
    Hyundai Genesis, Comparable in size but a bit dated. High tech DI V6 and 8-speed trans, new model for 2014.

We have the MB E350CDI diesel, full equipped, which would now list around $63k without the latest safety equipment, $68k with it. The Designo interior would add $4500. I had a '79 Sedan DeVille, but that was over 30 years ago.

ddawson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

I love my CTS. Buy the Cadillac.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.