Production start - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Production start in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just got a call from my dealer. My order goes in this Thursday. Wahoo...
    kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Re: Production start

Just got a call from my dealer. My order goes in this Thursday. Wahoo

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Happy to hear that, kipsts!

I double checked my resources and found that the XTS' start up date is indeed "early to mid-May 2012." From the start up date to the dealership lots is approximately 8-12 weeks. And, as I'm sure you all know, there are certain factors that could possibly effect scheduling: parts/component shortage, allocation adjustments for the new model year, shipping delays of parts and/or vehicles, general new MY start-up production delays, etc.

Glad to see you're all so excited about the new models! Please let me know (via PM or Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com email) if you have additional questions, and I can investigate for you.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thumbs up Re: Production start

Thanks Katie. Just got back word from my dealer that they met with the Regional Rep re my order today.

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Congrats. Can't wait to see one on the road !!

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Congrats. Can't wait to see one on the road !!
    Thanks, I am pretty excited. However as of today there is no update on my order/build since the deposit and order were accepted.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Last I heard production was scheduled to begin during the second week of May...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Just talked with my dealer who did not have any additional information, though they thought they might see some cars early June. That seems doubtful unless production has started or is imminent. My XTS order status was updated to having "passed GM edit tables."

Kevin Wong is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yesterday, at noon, I spotted a car carrier full of XTSes heading westbound on Hwy 401, about 30 miles west of Oshawa, Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wong View Post
    Yesterday, at noon, I spotted a car carrier full of XTSes heading westbound on Hwy 401, about 30 miles west of Oshawa, Ontario.
    Very interesting. My dealer speculated they would first get some 'base' XTSs with the Platinum being produced after them. I would guess you could not see if any of the XTSs had Platinum badging.

Kevin Wong is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by kipsts View Post
    Very interesting. My dealer speculated they would first get some 'base' XTSs with the Platinum being produced after them. I would guess you could not see if any of the XTSs had Platinum badging.
    The carrier was traveling in the opposite direction, and was 7 lanes, 4 shoulders, and 2 barriers away. After it caught the corner of my eye, my first glance was approaching a rear 3/4 view, so I did not see any grills, and any badging would have been too distant to discern. They all had plenty of protective, white plastic (which contrasted sharply with the dark paint colours), but the greenhouse profile was very distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Our dealer webcast last week said we should be able to order them soon (as in this week or next). Still no concrete pricing info to share, sorry.
    Just talked with my dealer regarding my April 17th XTS Platinum order. As of of his last update on Tuesday the production of the Platinum trim package for the XTS has not begun.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.