My opinion of the XTS in person.
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, My opinion of the XTS in person. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have been going back and forth on whether the XTS is the real deal or not. I saw the ...
  1. #1
    DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    36
    Posts
    83

    My opinion of the XTS in person.

    I have been going back and forth on whether the XTS is the real deal or not. I saw the XTS in person two weeks ago at the Cleveland Auto show. After talking to the Cadillac rep and all the other details I knew about the XTS I will have to say I am 50/50 on this car. I think they failed on the outside style since this car is much too narrow and could of been a few inchs longer and I think they could of extended that wheelbase a few inchs as well. The inside is awesome looking and I love all the tech in it. I am not thrilled to see the CD player tucked in the glovebox(this is not 1998). Some of us still like better audio quilty that a CD has. Also there is no mention of a DVD player that u can watch in park. A major stepbackwords as is them doing away with cooled seats in favor of ventilated ones. While Cadillac said there is a blu-ray player on the way no one including the reps that I spoke to has heard any such thing.

    Also I still see no mention of the Intellibeam feature either. The rep had no idea if it had it or not. I am ok with this car being FWD and having a V6 since I am used to that in Cadillacs I have owned. And the rep did mention a Twin Turbo model down the road which is very nice. It seemed he knew alot of the stuff but was puzzled on my more detailed questions. Either that or he just was not allowed to say too much...lol

    Bottom line for me is that I want to trade my DTS in this summer and as of right now I just dont think it will be on the XTS at least not untill I have some better info on what the XTS will and won't have. I have driven and owned many Cadillac's in the last several years and this will be the first time that I have a doubt on going into another Cadillac.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    C&C's Avatar
    C&C
    C&C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant, SC
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,640

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    You can go to Cadillac.com and 'Build your own'; that should address some of your questions. It is what it is; personally I like it, I like it a lot (but opinions vary).

  4. #3
    handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    63

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    It is my understanding that the two optional DVD players on the back of the front seats are Blu Ray. Also Cd players are obsolete. Why have a cd player when you can put 200 MP3 albums on a zip drive the size of your finger. Trust me you can not hear the difference in audio quality between MP3 and CD (if any) in a moving car.

  5. #4
    DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    36
    Posts
    83
    Thread Starter

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the XTS is a bad car. Who knows when I can actully test drive it and see it in more detail I many change my tune and buy one. With that being said I will not change my tune on the outside styling which i would only be able to rate with a C+. This car does not look right from the outside and it reminds me of the ugly cab-forword designs of the mid to late 90's. The inside gets a A+ tho. I am not sure what they were thinking when they designed this car. I understand GM was still hurting for cash and they needed to use the Eplison 2 platform, but even with all that they could of done a better job on the outer shell of this car. My only hope is they do a mid cycle refresh on this car if it last that long. I most likley will not be able to afford the new flagship if and when it comes out so it will have to be an XTS or a simlar car. And yes everyone is entitled to thier opinions and I am just sharing mine. I do think the XTS will sell just fine. And the only reason it will is becuase theres no more DTS or STS and if people want something bigger then a CTS and still want to stay with Cadillac they will be forced to buy the XTS.

  6. #5
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    49,668
    Quote Originally Posted by handymantoo
    It is my understanding that the two optional DVD players on the back of the front seats are Blu Ray. Also Cd players are obsolete. Why have a cd player when you can put 200 MP3 albums on a zip drive the size of your finger. Trust me you can not hear the difference in audio quality between MP3 and CD (if any) in a moving car.
    Then I guess your hearing is off. I can. I could hear the difference between the CD slot and DVD slot in my '04 V.

    Anyone who is a serious audiophile will notice...

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the XTS is a bad car. Who knows when I can actully test drive it and see it in more detail I many change my tune and buy one. With that being said I will not change my tune on the outside styling which i would only be able to rate with a C+. This car does not look right from the outside and it reminds me of the ugly cab-forword designs of the mid to late 90's. The inside gets a A+ tho. I am not sure what they were thinking when they designed this car. I understand GM was still hurting for cash and they needed to use the Eplison 2 platform, but even with all that they could of done a better job on the outer shell of this car. My only hope is they do a mid cycle refresh on this car if it last that long. I most likley will not be able to afford the new flagship if and when it comes out so it will have to be an XTS or a simlar car. And yes everyone is entitled to thier opinions and I am just sharing mine. I do think the XTS will sell just fine. And the only reason it will is becuase theres no more DTS or STS and if people want something bigger then a CTS and still want to stay with Cadillac they will be forced to buy the XTS.
    For 1 year. Late next year you'll have the new, larger CTS...

  7. #6
    HartfordGuy's Avatar
    HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hartford, CT
    Age
    48
    Posts
    785

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    My Cadillac dealer says the XTS won't hit the showrooms until June now.

  8. #7
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,788

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    Just wanted to hop on this thread to let you all know I enjoyed reading the feedback! I'm always available via private message if you have questions, and I will have more information regarding the exiting XTS as spring approaches. In the meantimes, as C&C suggested, you can view a myriad of details on Cadillac's homepage at www.cadillac.com/xts-luxury-sedan.html.

    Happy car browsing!

    Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

  9. #8
    jock82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    sallisaw, oklahoma
    Age
    69
    Posts
    31

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    i have been driving Cadillacs since 1970 and have probably been one of their biggest supporters and loyalist. If fact, I have never owned anything but Cadillacs (with the exception of one Olds 98, which I still have). I wanted my first car to be a Cadillac and I waited until 1970 to buy it, a new coupe de ville. I have been a fan since the age of 14 or so. I now have 3 Cadillacs and this thing (XTS) to me , is everything a Cadillac is not. It is too small, no V-8, there is no Cadillac heart beating under that hood. To me, the styling is hideous. I hate that rounded off roof line, it has the bloated look of a Lexus suv. I know I am probably in the minority but I sure hope my DTS will last a long time, because the next Cadillac I buy will be a classic Cadillac, one from the 60's or 70's.

  10. #9
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    49,668
    So you are the one buying that crap in GM's doldrums...

  11. #10
    handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    63

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    From a serious audiophile with test equipment.
    I'm following the recommendations from HydrogenAudio (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...howtopic=28124, using LAME 3.97b2, and am very happy the results. I've found the High Quality settings (-V 2 --vbr-new) - ~190kbps - to provide sufficent quality that I find CD's burned from the output to be sonically indistinguishable from the originals. Previously, I tried an alpha version of LAME, found serious distortion during playback; stay away from alpha versions. The HydrogenAudio link above also links to RareWares (http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html), which is a great place to obtain quality compiled binaries of LAME.

  12. #11
    BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by jock82
    i have been driving Cadillacs since 1970 and have probably been one of their biggest supporters and loyalist. If fact, I have never owned anything but Cadillacs (with the exception of one Olds 98, which I still have). I wanted my first car to be a Cadillac and I waited until 1970 to buy it, a new coupe de ville. I have been a fan since the age of 14 or so. I now have 3 Cadillacs and this thing (XTS) to me , is everything a Cadillac is not. It is too small, no V-8, there is no Cadillac heart beating under that hood. To me, the styling is hideous. I hate that rounded off roof line, it has the bloated look of a Lexus suv. I know I am probably in the minority but I sure hope my DTS will last a long time, because the next Cadillac I buy will be a classic Cadillac, one from the 60's or 70's.
    You are 100% right!

  13. #12
    DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    36
    Posts
    83
    Thread Starter

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Just wanted to hop on this thread to let you all know I enjoyed reading the feedback! I'm always available via private message if you have questions, and I will have more information regarding the exiting XTS as spring approaches. In the meantimes, as C&C suggested, you can view a myriad of details on Cadillac's homepage at www.cadillac.com/xts-luxury-sedan.html.

    Happy car browsing!

    Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Hi Katie, thanks for reading all the feedback on the XTS. I hope that some of the high end brass at GM and Cadillac read these forums as well and understand that alot of long time Cadillac owners are not happy with the new XTS. I did read the Build One on the Caddy website. And that site gave me very little info that I was looking for so hopefully more light will be shed as we approach spring.

  14. #13
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,788

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    So noted, DTS_man33! Message me anytime as we get closer to spring, and I'd be happy to help.

    Hope you have a great weekend,

    Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

  15. #14
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,617

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    So you are the one buying that crap in GM's doldrums...
    You should really get used to people not liking this car. Just like with any car. The lack of V8 at introduction is a mistake, whether you like it or not. A TT V6 would have been fine. At least the power that many of us expect would be there. And the exterior is nothing special either. I'm not saying it isn't nice - it's just not "Cadillac" nice. I expected more. My sincere apologies to anyone I may have offended with my opinions.
    hueterm and hueterm like this.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

  16. #15
    DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    36
    Posts
    83
    Thread Starter

    Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    You should really get used to people not liking this car. Just like with any car. The lack of V8 at introduction is a mistake, whether you like it or not. A TT V6 would have been fine. At least the power that many of us expect would be there. And the exterior is nothing special either. I'm not saying it isn't nice - it's just not "Cadillac" nice. I expected more. My sincere apologies to anyone I may have offended with my opinions.
    I agree with u LordCaddy and I will not apologize to any one for my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The thing is Cadillac tried to give it a CTS kinda styling which works fine for the CTS but falls flat on its face for this car. Also I now see why Cadillac is making a big deal about the Rear Cross path collision avoidance system with the bad idea of shoving one backup light on the very bottom of the bumper. There will probley be quite a few close calls with people not seeing that backup light lit esp people in high SUV's What were they thinking! And the ATS has the same ugly design too. Also the Platinum's grill looks like something that should house a industrial fan in a factory. I would love to have an hour with the design team for this car to find out why they thought this car would look good. Also when I did go to the auto show Cadillac made more of a big deal about the CUE system then the cars themselves. I am sorry it will take alot more then the CUE system for me to want to buy an XTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting