My opinion of the XTS in person. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, My opinion of the XTS in person. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by DTS man33 I have looked left and right trying to figure out if it has Intellibeam or ...
    rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    I have looked left and right trying to figure out if it has Intellibeam or not. I have looked on Caddy's website and all the options and standard equipment mentioned about the XTS and have not seen Intelibeam mentioned anywhere on the web. Where have you heard it will have it or how do you know it has it?

You are correct. Just read the entire online order guide and there is no mention of Intellibeam. I just assumed that since the STS & DTS (and Escalade) had it, the XTS would as well. Should've remembered that old warning..."Never assume anything."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Wow, I thought I was reading my own response there. I concur with every point in this post!

The MKS is a farce of packaging. It's an outright embarrassment. It is measurables big, but the center tunnel takes up a lot of space up front. And the back seat is cramped for how big the car is. I saw one and a DTS side by side the other day. The MKS towers over it and is bigger. Give me the DTS anyday in useable space.

I got to sit in a MKT Town Car last week. You get a lot of legroom but you can't use it since you sit so high. Your legs fall straight down. A short person would sit with their feet dangling.

The back seat of all those vehicles is a joke. The Taurus, MKT, MKS, Flex. All a joke...
    I remember the first time I was next to a Tuarus in traffic and I thought it dwarfed my DTS, that is until I checked out it and the MKS at the auto show. Its absolutely laughable how little interior room there is for such large exterior dimensions. Style over substance I guess.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post
    You are correct. Just read the entire online order guide and there is no mention of Intellibeam. I just assumed that since the STS & DTS (and Escalade) had it, the XTS would as well. Should've remembered that old warning..."Never assume anything."

I remember the first time I was next to a Tuarus in traffic and I thought it dwarfed my DTS, that is until I checked out it and the MKS at the auto show. Its absolutely laughable how little interior room there is for such large exterior dimensions. Style over substance I guess.
    Yea I think they did away with it which is dumb considering all luxo makers have some sorta Auto High/Low beam. I do alot of country driving when I need to go out of town for work and this feature is truley awesome and needed to make life easier when driving on country roads. That is a huge turnoff for me on the XTS if it indeed dose not have it. I don't know for some reason this car just comes off as a bad Cadillac knockoff not a real Cadillac IMO. The STS and DTS had a Cadillac presense both in person and on paper. I just do not see it with this car and I really want to like it but I just can't. As far as the MKS i test drove one last year and the car is well packaged and IMO had plenety of room inside. I just think its rather ugly on the outside and it dose not look any better for 2013.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    How could you think something THAT HUGE was well packaged? Plenty of room? It has less knee room than the DTS and it is much bigger.

And if you like to have your back seat occupants to be sitting like they are sitting at a dining room table...

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    How could you think something THAT HUGE was well packaged? Plenty of room? It has less knee room than the DTS and it is much bigger.

And if you like to have your back seat occupants to be sitting like they are sitting at a dining room table...
    What's unused knee room worth? The object is to SIT in the car, NOT slide in the seat and slouch so far that you need 5 ft of knee space. The dining room style seating is comfortable, IMO. I don't think I'm alone either. This is a reason that so many love the comfortable, upright seating style of large SUV's and conversion vans - they seat you exactly the same way. It's very easy on the back and much more comfortable over the long term than the popular shallow/shorter seating that have you sitting like you are about to do 50 sit-ups.

I think many are turned off by the MKS's seating just because it's unexpected and different for a sedan.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    What's unused knee room worth? The object is to SIT in the car, NOT slide in the seat and slouch so far that you need 5 ft of knee space. The dining room style seating is comfortable, IMO. I don't think I'm alone either. This is a reason that so many love the comfortable, upright seating style of large SUV's and conversion vans - they seat you exactly the same way. It's very easy on the back and much more comfortable over the long term than the popular shallow/shorter seating that have you sitting like you are about to do 50 sit-ups.

I think many are turned off by the MKS's seating just because it's unexpected and different for a sedan.
    No one is complaining about the comfort of the seat. The point is that in such a large car, your knees shouldn't be pressed against the back of the front seat at any time, whether sitting bolt upright or slouched to the point of reclining.

The second row seats in my Escalade are supremely comfortable, but the amount of foot and knee room is laughable for such a large vehicle.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post

Now I know why you're so uptight.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.