My opinion of the XTS in person. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, My opinion of the XTS in person. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by DTS man33 I agree with u LordCaddy and I will not apologize to any one for my ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: My opinion of the XTS in person.

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    I agree with u LordCaddy and I will not apologize to any one for my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The thing is Cadillac tried to give it a CTS kinda styling which works fine for the CTS but falls flat on its face for this car. Also I now see why Cadillac is making a big deal about the Rear Cross path collision avoidance system with the bad idea of shoving one backup light on the very bottom of the bumper. There will probley be quite a few close calls with people not seeing that backup light lit esp people in high SUV's What were they thinking! And the ATS has the same ugly design too. Also the Platinum's grill looks like something that should house a industrial fan in a factory. I would love to have an hour with the design team for this car to find out why they thought this car would look good. Also when I did go to the auto show Cadillac made more of a big deal about the CUE system then the cars themselves. I am sorry it will take alot more then the CUE system for me to want to buy an XTS.
    Believe it or not I like the regular grille over the platinum grille. All in all I'm sure I'll be happy to see the XTS on the road but it looks a little too soft to me. I like the edgy styling of the CTS but "a big CTS" (which the XTS is not) wont work for a full-size car either (in my opinion). I find the SRX an attractive crossover SUV. I'm not CRAZY about the ATS because I think the styling should have been more edgy - like the CTS - but most people seem to love the appearance of the car. I love the appearance of the Escalade. The last iteration of the XTS was very visually appealing to me. I liked the first version as well but the interior fell short. But we're talking about exterior designs here. I always found the STS bland...

So I'm not criticizing all Cadillacs here. I like a few and I don't like a few.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Lies!

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Believe it or not I like the regular grille over the platinum grille. All in all I'm sure I'll be happy to see the XTS on the road but it looks a little too soft to me. I like the edgy styling of the CTS but "a big CTS" (which the XTS is not) wont work for a full-size car either (in my opinion). I find the SRX an attractive crossover SUV. I'm not CRAZY about the ATS because I think the styling should have been more edgy - like the CTS - but most people seem to love the appearance of the car. I love the appearance of the Escalade. The last iteration of the XTS was very visually appealing to me. I liked the first version as well but the interior fell short. But we're talking about exterior designs here. I always found the STS bland...

So I'm not criticizing all Cadillacs here. I like a few and I don't like a few.
    I agree the non platinum grill looks much better. Like I said in my earler post. I dont hate the XTS's styling but I am not in love with it either.

I think I am just going to wait to see what Caddy has down the pipeline. If I end up saving enuff money and just keep my DTS for a few more years I may be able to afford the new flagship as long as it starts at maybe 65 or 70grand and not much higher then that. I think the XTS will be a fine car it just does not cut it for me mainly because of how small it is compared to the DTS. I also wish it had a little more tech then what the ATS and SRX have or will have. I need a reason to spend an extra 10 or 15 grand on a car other then just size. Hopefully they offer a AWD option on the new flagship since I hate RWD. I really think Cadillac will hit a homerun with the new flagship and the way they are talking I bet its alot closer then we think. The fact that it will have its own chassis is good. I hope they also add quite a few features and options that are not avaible in any other Cadillac models. And lets hope this new one will be not only longer but wider then the XTS. Well thats all for now just thought I would share my opinions and ideas. Good Day all

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I think I might save my money and get an Impala. I my opinion, other than the V series Cadillac is losing its identity. If GM wants a bunch of shared paltforms they should have kept Pontiac.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

I think they should make a Buick Electra or Roadmaster off of the same platform -- if the Impala is going to get it, just spread the wealth around....
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

HartfordGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1968 Eldorado

I went to the 2012 New York International Auto this week. I went on Press day, so I had plenty of time to climb thru the XTS without the public there. I was pleasantly surprized that the car looks and is much bigger in person than in photos. I was impressed. I am 6 foot three and had plenty of room inside. The rear seat is very roomy too. And even though the trunk lid is short, there is a lot of room as the trunk is very deep.

I took photos, but as said, it looks far better in person!

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Very nice pictures. Thanks.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Is that silver or that gold mist paint? It looks good either way. And I guess they do have another interior color option for the platinum, must be the oatmeal/shale?
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

stabie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

I like the detail of the tail light. The crease of the tail follows the crease in the sheet metal and the tail light also flows with the gap in the trunk. Its a pleasing effect IMO. Visibility looks like it may be better than the CTS as well, which I think is attractive in this market segment.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by stabie View Post
    I like the detail of the tail light. The crease of the tail follows the crease in the sheet metal and the tail light also flows with the gap in the trunk. Its a pleasing effect IMO. Visibility looks like it may be better than the CTS as well, which I think is attractive in this market segment.
    Agree totally about that crease line. Very sharp looking the way it blends right into the tail light. Not so pleased with the tail light itself: The sharp edged top with the curved bottom doesn't sit right for me...at least in photos....

Quote Originally Posted by corvette00 View Post
    I think I might save my money and get an Impala. I my opinion, other than the V series Cadillac is losing its identity. If GM wants a bunch of shared paltforms they should have kept Pontiac.
    The sad thing is IMO the new 2014 Impala looks better then the XTS. I also am mad that it appears they did a way with a very usefull feature that I use all the time "Intellibeam". Instead they bring out a vibrating seat which I think is rather comical. Also I see the specs of the new 2013 Lincoln MKS. Even though its not the best looking car at least its a (REAL) full size car. It is over 3 inchs longer then the XTS(205.6), almost 3 inchs wider(75.9), a bigger trunk by a cubic foot(19.2) and a slightly bigger wheelbase as well. I am not saying I am going to run out and buy a MKS but at least its IMO what a real full size luxo car should be like in terms of size nowadays. While the XTS will be looked at and test driven by me later this year, I am pretty much already looking past this car. I can not wait to see the new longer CTS and lets keep our fingers crossed that Cadillac really dose have a new BIGGER then the xts flagship in the works. Give it AWD as a option and I am happy and willing to look at it.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    The sad thing is IMO the new 2014 Impala looks better then the XTS. I also am mad that it appears they did a way with a very usefull feature that I use all the time "Intellibeam". Instead they bring out a vibrating seat which I think is rather comical. Also I see the specs of the new 2013 Lincoln MKS. Even though its not the best looking car at least its a (REAL) full size car. It is over 3 inchs longer then the XTS(205.6), almost 3 inchs wider(75.9), a bigger trunk by a cubic foot(19.2) and a slightly bigger wheelbase as well. I am not saying I am going to run out and buy a MKS but at least its IMO what a real full size luxo car should be like in terms of size nowadays. While the XTS will be looked at and test driven by me later this year, I am pretty much already looking past this car. I can not wait to see the new longer CTS and lets keep our fingers crossed that Cadillac really dose have a new BIGGER then the xts flagship in the works. Give it AWD as a option and I am happy and willing to look at it.

XTS has Intellibeam. The thing I don't like with the changeover from the DTS is the deletion of massaging front seats.

Also, and this is not to bash the MKS, but have you sat in one. While the figures on paper, and seeing it in traffic, make it appear to be a large car, its one of the most poorly package cars available. Based on my very unscientific comparisons, the MKZ seems to have more useable interior space than the MKS.

If you want to get a good idea of the interior room in an XTS just visit your Buick dealer and sit in a LaCrosse.

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post
    XTS has Intellibeam. The thing I don't like with the changeover from the DTS is the deletion of massaging front seats.

Also, and this is not to bash the MKS, but have you sat in one. While the figures on paper, and seeing it in traffic, make it appear to be a large car, its one of the most poorly package cars available. Based on my very unscientific comparisons, the MKZ seems to have more useable interior space than the MKS.

If you want to get a good idea of the interior room in an XTS just visit your Buick dealer and sit in a LaCrosse.
    I have looked left and right trying to figure out if it has Intellibeam or not. I have looked on Caddy's website and all the options and standard equipment mentioned about the XTS and have not seen Intelibeam mentioned anywhere on the web. Where have you heard it will have it or how do you know it has it?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm

Wow, I thought I was reading my own response there. I concur with every point in this post!

The MKS is a farce of packaging. It's an outright embarrassment. It is measurables big, but the center tunnel takes up a lot of space up front. And the back seat is cramped for how big the car is. I saw one and a DTS side by side the other day. The MKS towers over it and is bigger. Give me the DTS anyday in useable space.

I got to sit in a MKT Town Car last week. You get a lot of legroom but you can't use it since you sit so high. Your legs fall straight down. A short person would sit with their feet dangling.

The back seat of all those vehicles is a joke. The Taurus, MKT, MKS, Flex. All a joke...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.