XTS price and packages - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, XTS price and packages in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by ogbuehi I'm curious as well. With every option possible, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a ...
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Re: XTS price and packages

Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post
    I'm curious as well. With every option possible, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a $60k+ version.
    I'm betting higher. Heck my Loaded STS was $66k new and this is supposed to replace the STS + DTS so I would say close to $70 for a totally loaded one. Will have to wait and see.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

The STS was based on an advnced RWD platform that cost $$$. The XTS is based on the same platform as the LaCrosse. I know Cadillac would love to charge the moon on their cars if they knew they could sell. But $70K for a tarted up LaCrosse will NOT fly.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    Even an A8 seemed small compared to STS & DTS when I was shopping in 2008. The new one is bigger but offers a V8 (or V12) and is priced $80k & up.

IMHO, Cadillac won't sell many $70k XTS. $60k will be a push, even loaded. It's a DTS replacement. The DTS MSRP was less than the STS.
    That's a W12, actually. And, hey look, Audi is offering a blown V6 in the A8...

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    The STS was based on an advnced RWD platform that cost $$$. The XTS is based on the same platform as the LaCrosse. I know Cadillac would love to charge the moon on their cars if they knew they could sell. But $70K for a tarted up LaCrosse will NOT fly.

----------

And a 313hp V6 Bi-turbo diesel is coming...

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

----------

Well a Seville which was a tarted up Chevy Nova sold just fine in the mid-70s. People complained about that way back then as well. And it never hurt that car. Even GM was alittle off put on the idea and all the car maginzines well. But the public loved the car and it sold very well untill they changed it to that ugly 80-85 design.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    Well a Seville which was a tarted up Chevy Nova sold just fine in the mid-70s. People complained about that way back then as well. And it never hurt that car. Even GM was alittle off put on the idea and all the car maginzines well. But the public loved the car and it sold very well untill they changed it to that ugly 80-85 design.
    The problem with the 80-85 wasn't the bustleback design. Its problem was the disastrous Oldsmobile diesel being standard for the first 2 years that sealed the cars fate. Not to mention that the replacement HT4100 V8 wasn't much better.

The reason I keep bemoaning the lack of a V8 is that I find the 3.6 to be merely adequate in the CTS. Considering the XTS is a larger, heavier car than the CTS, I expect more of the same. To me, one of the hallmarks of luxury is effortless performance. I don't expect sports car handling or acceleration, but I don't expect to have to slow to a crawl to navigate a gentle sweeping curve, not do I expect to have to keep the engine in the upper ranges of the rpm band to extract any kind of speed. I expect to put my foot on the accelerator and the car be at extra-legal speeds quickly with a minimum of noise and effort. I just don't see the 3.6 providing that kind of performance in the XTS. If the twin-turbo V6 or hybrid were available at launch, I wouldn't be having this discussion.

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Quote Originally Posted by ogbuehi View Post
    for $70k that sucker better be like the starship enterprise. Thats close to what an a8 costs.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post
    The problem with the 80-85 wasn't the bustleback design. Its problem was the disastrous Oldsmobile diesel being standard for the first 2 years that sealed the cars fate. Not to mention that the replacement HT4100 V8 wasn't much better.

The reason I keep bemoaning the lack of a V8 is that I find the 3.6 to be merely adequate in the CTS. Considering the XTS is a larger, heavier car than the CTS, I expect more of the same. To me, one of the hallmarks of luxury is effortless performance. I don't expect sports car handling or acceleration, but I don't expect to have to slow to a crawl to navigate a gentle sweeping curve, not do I expect to have to keep the engine in the upper ranges of the rpm band to extract any kind of speed. I expect to put my foot on the accelerator and the car be at extra-legal speeds quickly with a minimum of noise and effort. I just don't see the 3.6 providing that kind of performance in the XTS. If the twin-turbo V6 or hybrid were available at launch, I wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Hate on the diesel in the US or not, but a V6 TD will bring you exactly that torque you need in the lower rpm band at initial acceleration. And TD's are really quiet nowadays! Even at idling and especially at cruising.
    It is just the psychological hump that needs to be defeated regarding diesel in the US. Get over that Oldsmobile V8 diesel already. That was over 30 years ago!!! And it was the mere engine that failed. Not the concept.
    Somehow I feel sorry for you that you have to miss out on the current diesel technology. Your negative arguments on diesels is heavily biased by missinformation. That Oldsmobile attempt really jinxed the whole diesel concept in the US... somewhat amazing as well!

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    Hate on the diesel in the US or not, but a V6 TD will bring you exactly that torque you need in the lower rpm band at initial acceleration. And TD's are really quiet nowadays! Even at idling and especially at cruising.
    It is just the psychological hump that needs to be defeated regarding diesel in the US. Get over that Oldsmobile V8 diesel already. That was over 30 years ago!!! And it was the mere engine that failed. Not the concept.
    Somehow I feel sorry for you that you have to miss out on the current diesel technology. Your negative arguments on diesels is heavily biased by missinformation. That Oldsmobile attempt really jinxed the whole diesel concept in the US... somewhat amazing as well!
    You're misinterpreting my comment. I'm speaking SPECIFICALLY to the Oldsmobile diesel in the Seville. It could be argued that it was the worst engine of any type ever put in a motor car.

I'm not opposed to diesel power at all. I've been arguing for some time that the automakers should be using diesels in their hybrids for myriad reasons. There are several diesel engines offered in Europe, especially from BMW, that routinely post better MPG numbers than the Prius.

And yes, there are many people who remember that Olds diesel, as well as the VW Rabbit diesel (and to a lesser extent the Mercedes 3 litre diesel) and think all diesels are still like those.

I test drove the diesel Mercedes GL, and if I hadn't known beforehand, I would've never guessed that it was a diesel.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I think it may come down to gearing on the XTS. If the car is geared right and the transmission downshifts properly, it might feel just fine. I agree that the V6 in the CTS isn't a good choice as the top engine available in the XTS. I really hope they get something more powerful in there soon...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I think it may come down to gearing on the XTS. If the car is geared right and the transmission downshifts properly, it might feel just fine. I agree that the V6 in the CTS isn't a good choice as the top engine available in the XTS. I really hope they get something more powerful in there soon...
    LordCaddy, There was a internet web story from Leftlane news. It states that so many people were wondering about an XTS-V that the Vice president of Cadillac sales spoke up to set the record straight by saying that even thogh there will be NO XTS-V, there will be a Turbocharged V6 for the XTS in the future. So at least we know it will be coming for the XTS but may have to wait a year or so. One of my big problems with this car was the fact I thought it needed a few more horses under the hood. I dont care if its not considerd a flagship. As of this moment and the near future it is the closest thing that Caddy has to a flagship whether any one wants to belive it or not. So I think its a great idea for them to get a beefed up engine as at least an option to the 300HP.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Torque is king!

Long live the king.
    Jesda and Jesda like this.

You're misinterpreting my comment. I'm speaking SPECIFICALLY to the Oldsmobile diesel in the Seville. It could be argued that it was the worst engine of any type ever put in a motor car.

I'm not opposed to diesel power at all. I've been arguing for some time that the automakers should be using diesels in their hybrids for myriad reasons. There are several diesel engines offered in Europe, especially from BMW, that routinely post better MPG numbers than the Prius.

And yes, there are many people who remember that Olds diesel, as well as the VW Rabbit diesel (and to a lesser extent the Mercedes 3 litre diesel) and think all diesels are still like those.

I test drove the diesel Mercedes GL, and if I hadn't known beforehand, I would've never guessed that it was a diesel.
    Sorry!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    LordCaddy, There was a internet web story from Leftlane news. It states that so many people were wondering about an XTS-V that the Vice president of Cadillac sales spoke up to set the record straight by saying that even thogh there will be NO XTS-V, there will be a Turbocharged V6 for the XTS in the future. So at least we know it will be coming for the XTS but may have to wait a year or so. One of my big problems with this car was the fact I thought it needed a few more horses under the hood. I dont care if its not considerd a flagship. As of this moment and the near future it is the closest thing that Caddy has to a flagship whether any one wants to belive it or not. So I think its a great idea for them to get a beefed up engine as at least an option to the 300HP.
    Yes, it's a few years off, however. It'll either be a twin turbo 3.0 or 3.6 and have over 400 horsepower. The AWD version of this car will be an excellent performer.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

AWD. >400HP, Turbo..Sideway V6..
    looks like cadillac is building the stretch Lancer Evolution...

ThunderGray34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2007

Chicago Autoshow 2/18/12. XTS Plat fully loaded $66K. Base XTS, FWD, no options, $40K. Production starts 5/1/12.

Compare: CTS RWD base $35,915.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.