2013 Cadillac XTS to be launched in February
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, 2013 Cadillac XTS to be launched in February in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

2013 Cadillac XTS to be launched in February

...what do they mean by "launched"?

The 2013 Cadillac XTS will be officially launched on the 13th of February, at the Las Vegas International Limousine, Charter and Tour show.

The new 2013 XTS limousine made its official debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show, in 2011, after its concept was shown in the previous year at NAIAS and now the model is close to its launch. According to the North American based automaker, the 2013 Cadillac XTS will be offered as a limousine and it will replace the company’s DTS-based limos for livery duty. With its dynamic exterior design, the new model will promote a fresh and more youthful appearance to its future customers.

Read more...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Re: 2013 Cadillac XTS to be launched in February

Who knows...maybe they're starting to take orders then.

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I believe what they are referring to in this article is the official press release of the limo version of the XTS. It is analogous to the official press debut of the XTS at the LA Auto show in December of last year.

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

In the aviation world, a product is launched when it has board of director approval and financial allocation. Does not necessarily imply all the engineering work is done for it, though.

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

In the automotive world, the fact that you can buy a car off a dealer's lot doesn't necessarily imply all the engineering work is done for it. Or are you saying you intend to retrofit a XTS limo with wings

In all seriousness, the part I don't fully understand is what the launch date means in terms of limos. I understand retail vehicle launches, used to be that new model years are typically on dealer lots in September after being tooled up during a mid summer shut-down period around July 4 after being publicly announced at the time of the Detroit Auto Show, there is already public info that is happenning sooner for XTS. The press release for XTS already happenned, this article is talking about an upcoming XTS press release for the limo.

I also have some understanding of how commercial truck chassis work, where the part I don't know comes in is how it works with limos - I imagine Cadillac could have an off-the shelf offering with perhaps some interior changes, or a stripped down version built for outside firms that do limo customizations - kind of like what Fisher Body used to be, and I believe as used to be done with the Fleetwood.

For my part, an XTS sunroof is an XTS sunroof, so my part of the puzzle is done when the validation testing is passed and the design changes stop...

Strictly speaking the article is probably misusing some terminology... What they seem to describe sounds more like press release.

Smiling Jack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Now: 79Eldo, 95SevSTS, 06STS. Former: 71&75 CDV,81Eldo,91SDV

I suppose that language evolves.

When I worked in the Apollo program, we pretty much reserved terms like "launch" and "launch date" to refer to the event of the vehicle actually leaving earth.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.