Schedule for 2013 XTS Availiability - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Schedule for 2013 XTS Availiability in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yes, I see your point now - especially with regard to competing. Not to sound patronizing but you pointed the ...
    cardio-doc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS Performance

Re: Schedule for 2013 XTS Availiability

Yes, I see your point now - especially with regard to competing.

Not to sound patronizing but you pointed the positioning of this car out in another thread; it is not the 'halo' nor 'top' car. But I do think the XTS is quite good for what it is and trying to achieve. And let's not forget the base price which is far less than my 2000 STS, without readjusting for inflation.

However, it is tantamount to Cadillac's long-term success in once-again becoming "Standard of the World" - to have a true halo car. $100k, RWD, technologically-advanced. And yes ... the requisite 'V-8'.

But let's recognize the XTS for what it is and represents, and not hate on it for what it isn't, nor was ever intended to be.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The XTS is going to be amazing at what it intends to do - which is replace the DTS. My only gripe - and that of many others - is that we need more than a DTS replacement by now. Though most of us do realize that Cadillac is doing what it needs to do to make (another) comeback. It's difficult being patient. They'll get there. The other problem is the media keeps calling this the Cadillac "flagship" - mainly because it's the best they've got - and most people believe it. So it doesn't "look" good for Cadillac. Though for most people, the XTS will be perfectly fine - which is good.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    The XTS is going to be amazing at what it intends to do - which is replace the DTS. My only gripe - and that of many others - is that we need more than a DTS replacement by now. Though most of us do realize that Cadillac is doing what it needs to do to make (another) comeback. It's difficult being patient. They'll get there. The other problem is the media keeps calling this the Cadillac "flagship" - mainly because it's the best they've got - and most people believe it. So it doesn't "look" good for Cadillac. Though for most people, the XTS will be perfectly fine - which is good.
    You make good points. One main issue that so many people that have little to no knowledge of the auto industry can not seem to understand is that the XTS is needed in the lineup. You can't just rely on a 80+ grand flagship. You need a near flagship car to compete. Sure I have a few problems myself with the XTS mainly the size. I wish the car was a few inchs longer, but I still think it will do well and is not a bad car by any means.

The other thing that I think is funny, people seem to think Cadillac will indroduce a huge 210.00+ inch flagship that will be like the Caddy's of yore. I hate to burst some bubbles here but this car will most likely be maybe a few inchs longer then the XTS. Like 205 or 206 in length. The Ciel concept was only about 204 in length from what i read.

Also I have said many times and I will repeat it. I am sure GM is far from done with the XTS in terms of engines and options. Lets remember what happens most all of the time with any car maker. They come out with a car then about 2 years later that car gets a refresh of new options/packages and in many cases a new powertrain. I dont think the XTS is perfect but I do think its a car that Caddy needs in its lineup hands down. I am sure most of the people moaning and complaining about Cadillac not having a fancy flagship can not even afford a flagship, heck alot of these people may not even be able to afford the XTS for that matter.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I actually like the way Lexus does things - with the IS, GS, ES and LS. I feel the XTS can serve Cadillac perfectly in between the CTS and a flagship. From what I hear, the XTS will only be around for one generation - but I'd like to see it stick around as long as there's a flagship that slots on top of it...
    hueterm and hueterm like this.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Lexus has disgusting styling.

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

I don't think this is an amazing car in any way but I think it will be a very good car. The rental DTS I drove made me miss my 300 so I am looking forward to seeing one of these on the lot. I would love to see a flagship too, but I don't see myself dropping that kind of money on a car any time soon so it doesn't matter to me beyond seeing that it exists and saying "Wow, that's a nice car."

From my experience with my '08 CTS, I would have to be insanely in love with a car to buy the first model year. I still want to get in one and check it out though, especially since my wife also enjoyed the DTS (drive and interior only though.)

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    From my experience with my '08 CTS, I would have to be insanely in love with a car to buy the first model year. I still want to get in one and check it out though, especially since my wife also enjoyed the DTS (drive and interior only though.)
    Sooo... This is a good excuse to say that I have reason to say that XTS at launch should perform better than 2008 CTS at launch. Specifically, I've gathered that a lot of the complaints I've read from CTS have been about sunroof. XTS sunroof will look very familiar to those who know the CTS sunroof, but the changes won't be as obvious - there have been improvements. One of those will be apparent, other improvements are to robustness, so they wouldn't really be things you'd notice.

rics8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts4

no one is driving land yachts anymore unless your driving a B or a RR. other than that. most cars are sold to people between 30-45.
    This age group is looking for HP and lux combine. that's why caddy is so slow to catch up. it has old ceo's and a old way of thinkinig. look at the srt8's and new sho's four full/mid size cars that can keep up with the cars from over seas. Caddy needs to pay attention to customers of other cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.