Why does XTS have same options as ATS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Why does XTS have same options as ATS? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was just reading up on what will be avilble on the new ATS. Now I really hope the internet ...
    DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Why does XTS have same options as ATS?

I was just reading up on what will be avilble on the new ATS. Now I really hope the internet and all the editors that were at the auto show have thier facts wrong. It looks like the ATS will have almost all the same features that the XTS will have or at least options. Lane Departure, Adaptive Cruise control, Full color heads up display, CUE system, Front and rear auto braking. Side Blind zone alert, reconfigurable IP cluster, Adaptive headlights and more.

As a cadillac fan and owner of many Cadillac's I am seeing a problem here. Why may I ask does the ATS have almost every option that a XTS can get? The one thing I did like about the XTS was the decent amount of tech. While not near as much as I would like to see, it was decent. Now I see the lowest Cadillac will get all the same features avaible. Well there just went the one and only reason I did like the XTS. I Understand that alot of these options are now commen place in the luxo market. But shouldn't there be at least several options that the ATS can not get that the XTS can? I hope maybe some of the Cadillac dealers on here can set the record straight and my info is wrong because if it is not, whats the point other then size to even buy a XTS? Might as well spend 10 grand less and get a ATS with all the same features. Man I hope the execs at Cadillac read these posts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Size. And if they read all the posts they'll realize there are a lot of whiney people...

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: Why does XTS have same options as ATS?

It's not the 'lowest', it's the smallest (ATS). Cadillac is positioning itself for the smaller premium vehicle as it moves into the more challenging times ahead. The Chevy Cruz is build in a similar vein; small car with a lot of the goodies (if you want them). Premium-small; you're going to see more of this in the future.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS
    I said the same thing about the DTS. You don't know how disappointed I was to find out that GM's largest flagship car had less options than the Buick I had rented. I believe the biggest should have the most in a line.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    The DTS was the flagship? Lulz. Maybe 10 years ago when all of Cadillac was relative crap...

The DTS was nice.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

All Cadillac's will have relatively the same feature set. The standard options and size will be the differentiators.

The ATS is basically taking the CTS's volume up as the CTS grows in size (and basically becomes the new STS). The XTS sorta sits next to the next CTS (as the DTS sorta did to the STS) and thus they will be equipped about the same.

Also it should be noted that the XTS is basically a LaCrosse and 2014 Impala under the skin (as in electrically and chassis component wise) thus you probably will see a lot of that tech at your Buick and even Chevrolet dealer. CUE and the all digital LCD cluster will more than likely be the only Cadillac exclusives, I mean other than styling and leather options.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    I haven't checked lately but I believe the 3-Series and 7-Series have a lot of differences other than size alone. Same for the S-Class and all the rest. I know Cadillac wants and NEEDS take make the ATS the best car in its class - but there should also be more options in the biggest car. I'm not sure if they can satisfy both sides of the fence here. I'm sure the true Cadillac flagship (which is not the XTS) will have very impressive options not available in the ATS.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

WillK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Uh... well, the XTS sunroof is bigger? It's a dual panel sunroof to the ATS's single panel sunroof.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I haven't checked lately but I believe the 3-Series and 7-Series have a lot of differences other than size alone. Same for the S-Class and all the rest. I know Cadillac wants and NEEDS take make the ATS the best car in its class - but there should also be more options in the biggest car. I'm not sure if they can satisfy both sides of the fence here. I'm sure the true Cadillac flagship (which is not the XTS) will have very impressive options not available in the ATS.
    XTS and CTS are basically both 5er competitors (the XTS just a larger one, sorta like how BMW has a 540L for China). The XTS as we all know isn't a true 7er competitor, the Omega will be. Omega will have some specific technology though.

However for BMW, Audi, or Mercedes the 3er\A4\C Klasse share almost all features with the 5er\A6\E Klasse with the exception of "fluff" like "Night Vision" all the big everyday technology is in both cars. In fact a loaded 3er and a loaded 5er have nearly the same feature set on technology. I think there are 3 or maybe 4 things you can get on an F10 you can't get on the new F30 (at least once the F30 goes into full feature mode with the 2013's). I'd assume Audi and Merc do the same. You are right the 7er\A8\S Klasse have unique features.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    XTS and CTS are basically both 5er competitors (the XTS just a larger one, sorta like how BMW has a 540L for China). The XTS as we all know isn't a true 7er competitor, the Omega will be. Omega will have some specific technology though.

However for BMW, Audi, or Mercedes the 3er\A4\C Klasse share almost all features with the 5er\A6\E Klasse with the exception of "fluff" like "Night Vision" all the big everyday technology is in both cars. In fact a loaded 3er and a loaded 5er have nearly the same feature set on technology. I think there are 3 or maybe 4 things you can get on an F10 you can't get on the new F30 (at least once the F30 goes into full feature mode with the 2013's). I'd assume Audi and Merc do the same. You are right the 7er\A8\S Klasse have unique features.
    The new flagship had better have alot of features and options that no other GM car has. But I see your point its just of odd that a smaller ATS can get all of what the XTS can. Even tho the XTS is not a true flagship its the closet thing Cadillac has to one right now till the Omega platform comes out(which I hope comes in AWD)

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i heard the OMEGA platform was killed quietly..
    there is no cadillac flagship in the future..
    http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...ilemma-108393/

the XTS is p.o.s that is the reason why ATS needs to have all of its funcion...
    i think we should better buy Chrysler 300 instead of Cadillac..that brand is getting boring now with alot of promise..and never become true..they just try to sell us a p.o.s with hight price..

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang

i think we should better buy Chrysler 300 instead of Cadillac..that brand is getting boring now with alot of promise..and never become true..they just try to sell us a p.o.s with hight price..
    1. Omega is not dead
    2. XTS is a new and improved DTS

I do like the Chrysler 300 and if I wanted a car that favored performance, I'd take it over the XTS. However, the XTS favors luxury - and when the twin turbo V6 is available, it'll be a better performer than the 300 - making it a complete package. Cadillac is getting there. Give them a little more time. And like I said, Omega is not dead. The Cadillac flagship is still "on".
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post

Omega is coming, make no bones about it. I'm told when a car gets bid out to suppliers it's hard to cancel it (unless it's a variant) since you have to make tooling payments and certain other payments for preproduction parts and development. BTW. I hear Zeta II comes out in 2014 with the VF Commodore. Somebody told me the next Gen Zeta 3 is in development in North America (not at Holden) because GM has decided that Holden can't engineer a car with low enough warranty numbers (just ask GTO and G8 owners about their suspension designs). It sounds to me as if Zeta 3, Omega, and Alpha will all co-exist as each serves a different purpose.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

I do like the Chrysler 300 and if I wanted a car that favored performance, I'd take it over the XTS. However, the XTS favors luxury - and when the twin turbo V6 is available, it'll be a better performer than the 300 - making it a complete package. Cadillac is getting there. Give them a little more time. And like I said, Omega is not dead. The Cadillac flagship is still "on".
    i hope what u said is correct, so we can see a real cadillac.
    I don't think XTS will out perform the 300..
    i saw the 300 excutive series. The leather is so soft, it nearly the same as the Cadillac SLS was sell in here, plus it 1/2 cheaper.
    V8 Hemi, so strong..
    and Specially the SRT8 also 6.4..

don't think the V6 can have low end torque like V8 and run smooth like V8.
    I ran CTS 3.6 lot of time...Engine so noisy.. It is not smooth as my V and my DTS. if i remember correctly the 3.6 CTS has over 300hp also...

Hemi V8 now pair with 5 speed auto..but when the XTS release i think it will have 8 speed auto like chrysler promise..so.....???????
    which is better ???

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    GM can't do right in the eyes of some people.

If they leave options off the checklist on their lower priced cars (like the 1st gen CTS not offering ventilated seats, touchscreen Nav or parking sensors) people rage "You should have the option of getting that stuff if you're willing to pay for it!!! Grrrr!!!". Now they go ahead and offer the high end features on the small car for those who want to pay for it, and the same crowd freaks out again, this time because offering it on the entry level somehow cheapens the tech in their eyes.

Awesome tech is awesome tech- period. Just because a fully loaded "lesser model" ATS will offer the same features doesn't mean that the tech suddenly became less cool in the XTS. Be happy that Cadillac is serious about making ALL their cars top drawer, unlike Lexus where you have to step up to a $70,000 LS if you want any of the really cool stuff.
    allgm and allgm like this.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.