Large car to slot between XTS and flagship?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, Large car to slot between XTS and flagship? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have mentioned it on here a few times. I was wondering if anyone else out there has heard any ...
    DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Large car to slot between XTS and flagship?

I have mentioned it on here a few times. I was wondering if anyone else out there has heard any rumors of a full size car that would slot above the XTS but below the new flagship. I keep hearing that GM has stated a few times that there is room for another fullsize car in the lineup besides the flagship. The rumor mill also states it would ride on a super stretched Eplision platform, not the one that the XTS and Lacrosse ride on. This car would be a much closer replacement for the DTS then the XTS. This car would come out somewhere around 2015 or 2016 and be sold along side the XTS but at a higher cost. It would also be longer and wider as well.

It could make sense if these rumors are true. For one thing a Super Eplision platform is most likely in the works for the next gen LaCrosse that will come out in 2015 or 16. Also a lot of people will not want to spend $70 plus on a flagship but on the other hand would not consider the XTS. I hope the rumors are true but only time will tell.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

Re: Large car to slot between XTS and flagship?

The problem with this is that the XTS is supposed to be "Super Epsilon". It was to be on a longer wheelbase than the other Epsilon cars--Malibu, LaCrosse--as well as longer and wider. But the XTS has the same wheelbase as the LaCrosse, which is actually 2" shorter than the current Malibu.
    I think all this talk of Super Epsilon is just talk, and a way for Cadillac to distract us from the fact that the XTS is nothing more than a LaCrosse in a tux.

Quote Originally Posted by DTS man33 View Post
    I have mentioned it on here a few times. I was wondering if anyone else out there has heard any rumors of a full size car that would slot above the XTS but below the new flagship. I keep hearing that GM has stated a few times that there is room for another fullsize car in the lineup besides the flagship. The rumor mill also states it would ride on a super stretched Eplision platform, not the one that the XTS and Lacrosse ride on. This car would be a much closer replacement for the DTS then the XTS. This car would come out somewhere around 2015 or 2016 and be sold along side the XTS but at a higher cost. It would also be longer and wider as well.

It could make sense if these rumors are true. For one thing a Super Eplision platform is most likely in the works for the next gen LaCrosse that will come out in 2015 or 16. Also a lot of people will not want to spend $70 plus on a flagship but on the other hand would not consider the XTS. I hope the rumors are true but only time will tell.

DTS man33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS, Had 2000 Deville DTS and 2003 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post
    The problem with this is that the XTS is supposed to be "Super Epsilon". It was to be on a longer wheelbase than the other Epsilon cars--Malibu, LaCrosse--as well as longer and wider. But the XTS has the same wheelbase as the LaCrosse, which is actually 2" shorter than the current Malibu.
    I think all this talk of Super Epsilon is just talk, and a way for Cadillac to distract us from the fact that the XTS is nothing more than a LaCrosse in a tux.
    I hear what your saying and also do rembember hearing all the talk about the XTS riding on the stretched platform while it was still in develpment. I think what happend was that GM wanted to get this XTS out quick and did not want to waste time waiting for the stretched platform to become ready. So they just used what they had in the current platform that the Lacrosse is using and also the upcoming Impala. If I figure it right, the XTS and new 2014 Impala will ride out the current 111.7 inch platform for five years or so. But in the mean time GM will need a new Lacrosse. I doubt it will go RWD and they need a full size replacement for the Lucurne so they will give the Lacrosse a new longer platform and at the same time Cadillac will get a new model to go on that new stretched platform as well. Just my opinion but looking ahead in the future it makes sense.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I think we will be lucky to see anything bigger than the XTS actually built.

When the world is running down...

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    As mentioned in other discussion threads, a new platform named Omega will host a full size, rear wheel drive premium flagship sedan with a V8. The XTS is basically a DTS. This flagship will be far more like an S-Class or 7-Series than the DTS - which was never a viable competitor to any vehicle in that class. The DTS was closer to an Acura RL than anything.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I hear Omega will have two wheelbases. In that case the Flagship O1LL will have a smaller O1SL slot below it. BTW, I was told that GM's new internal naming scheme is Platform, Generation, Body Type, Brand

So ATS = A1SL (Alpha, Gen 1, Sedan, Cadillac)
    Gen 3 CTS = A1LL (Alpha, Gen 1, Long Sedan, Cadillac)
    XTS = P1LL (Premium Global Epsilon, Gen 1, Long Sedan, Cadillac)
    Cruze = D1SC (Global Delta, Gen 1, Sedan, Chevrolet) - Note Global Delta is Delta 2 but the first generation of the Global version of the platform hence the number is 1, confusing eh?
    Volt = D1JC I (Delta, Gen 1, 5-Door Hatch, Chevy, Electric) - Note 5th character is optional and can be used to denote region (such as N for North America) or a technology (such as I for Electric).

Makes sense to me.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Amsome.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.