No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series !
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was hoping for a full-size Caddy that was rear wheel-drive,had a V series edition and a V8 . I ...
    studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar

No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series !

I was hoping for a full-size Caddy that was rear wheel-drive,had a V series edition and a V8 . I like the look of the XTS but since I have a family member who is handicap and can't get in or sit in a car that is not full-size and also want's a car that has a V8 and offers a performance version I sadly can't buy the XTS . I really hope Cadillac builds a full-size flagship that is as roomy as the Town-car and has rear-wheel drive has a V8 and a performance V series variant . The XTS is not a bad car but it's not a full-size car like the Town-car . Sadly I really don't get who this car is for or who would buy this car .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Re: No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series !

Congrats on joining the "this car is a piece of crap no one will buy" club, you missed the first 500 meetings but I am sure they will fill you in on everything you missed now that they know you're here.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Even though Cadillac says that the XTS is a replacement for the DTS AND the STS, in reality, it is a more direct replacement for the DTS (only). The new CTS (next redo) will more better reflect a replacement for the STS. I believe that the XTS will find it's mark (and is NOT a piece of crap), but it will certainly lean towards the luxury end of the performance curve. (and may in fact be my next car if I can afford it; I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this way)

stabie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

I don't get this fixation with a V8 or V series for XTS. Cadillac does not do platinum and V in the same model line. As has been said, the XTS is really more of a replacement (albeit smaller) for the DTS not STS. DTS comes in platinum, so XTS will come in platinum not V. In terms of power/weight, I expect XTS will be superior to DTS. DTS with the higher performance engine was about 290 horses. XTS will be 300 and will likely weigh less, with better balance. I do get that caddy needs a bigger car to replace DTS and I think they will get it. But they needed to get something out to replace the very aged DTS now. I agree with C&C, I think their lineup will be ATS and ATS-V, CTS & CTS-V (with new CTS V3 being slightly larger), XTS, DTS-V2, and if sales are strong enough from the main lineup, a bently or rolls flagship car. I think the flagship may never happen, it depends if their reputation rises to a level to support the investment to expect someone to fork over 100K+ for a car in todays dollars for a luxury caddy.

The flagship is already in development and so are it's Chevy and Buick variants . They have all been given the green light and have a release date for the 2016 model year so they are defiantly coming out . They are already very far along in their development so why would they cancel the flagship since they are already halfway done with development and GM has said that the brand has to have this car to complete Cadillac's lineup for now .

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Just like its annoying to some of you that people are complaining about the lack of V8 in the XTS, it's equally annoying to watch you complain. When is the last time Cadillac had a full-size sedan with no V8? Seriously. Get used to hearing complaints.

That being said, there will be no XTS-V. Just like there was no DTS-V. It's not that type of car. When all is said and done the XTS will have a 400+ horsepower twin turbo 3.0 liter V6 with all wheel drive - making it the fastest full-size Cadillac ever made. The engine is not yet ready.

The flagship will be here in a few years. Give it some time...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

caddyfat2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC

Quote Originally Posted by stabie View Post
    I don't get this fixation with a V8 or V series for XTS. Cadillac does not do platinum and V in the same model line.
    You are so wrong. 2006-2009 STS has a Platinum series and a V series.

The STS had a STS-V,STS platinum, and a STS alpine edition so somebody here needs to get their facts right . There really is no real good reason why other Cadillac models couldn't do the same . A twin turbo V6 is really not the same thing as a high-powered performance V8 . The twin turbo V6 is for fuel economy not for performance . What's next a 4 cylinder twin turbo in a performance engine to replace the V6 ?

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Just like its annoying to some of you that people are complaining about the lack of V8 in the XTS, it's equally annoying to watch you complain. When is the last time Cadillac had a full-size sedan with no V8? Seriously. Get used to hearing complaints.

That being said, there will be no XTS-V. Just like there was no DTS-V. It's not that type of car. When all is said and done the XTS will have a 400+ horsepower twin turbo 3.0 liter V6 with all wheel drive - making it the fastest full-size Cadillac ever made. The engine is not yet ready.

The flagship will be here in a few years. Give it some time...
    I don't understand it either, How many 760Li's or S65's to BMW and Merc shift again?

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

The reason I'm complaining is it comes down to power. I've driven several CTS, both sedan and coupe, with the 3.6 and find it to be merely adequate in that car. The standard Northstar is/was rated 275hp and 295lb/ft torque, while the HP (or high performance) is/was rated 292/288. Having owned 2 DTS--a Lux III and a Platinum--I found both engines to be merely adequate as well. They'd get the job done, but that's it.

Preliminary specifications on the 3.6 in the XTS is 300/264, weighing 3995FWD and 4180AWD, while the DTS weighs in at 4009. I'm well aware that transmission gearing can have an obvious impact on performance, but based on these specification I still expect mid 7 sec 0-60 times. And considering how out of date the engine/trans combo in the DTS is/was, there should be a drastic increase in performance even with the V6. But, Cadillac has admitted that straight line performance will be comparable to the DTS.

For comparison:

BMW 535i: 300/300 5.7sec.
    Audi A6: 310/325 5.3 sec.
    E350: 325/ 6.5sec.
    Jag XF: 385/380 5.5sec. (But its a V8!!)
    M37: 330/270
    GS350: 306/ 5.7sec.

It should be painfully obvious why some of us are crying for a V8.

your comparison of a hybrid sports sedan/ comfort luxury car to acutal sports sedans clearly defines what Cadillac was aiming for, the V6 it has is perfectly inbetween, and while I would agree it's still not ideal, it's decent for what GM had avaliable. The closest comparison, the A6, manages it's 5.3 Seconds with the aid of a 8 speed gearbox, and AWD, and it's funny you neglected to mention it comes standard with a 211HP turbo 4(so does the BMW)... The XTS is working with 6 speeds and manages similar fuel economy, which is pretty good, not the best certinally, I was hoping for 30MPG, but not the worst-- your V8 powered XF manages 16/23.

I don't see a problem here really. Shoving a 380-400hp V8 into a FWD (or even AWD) XTS would be akin to a V8 powered Camry, sure you could do it, but that's not what the car was designed to be, and then you'd be fighting mountians of torque steer *and* dealing with teens combined fuel mileage. BMW and Audi Clearly, sell enough 2.0T FWD A6's or 528i 5 series with even less powerful powertrains, so why should Cadillac supply a huge engine for a segment filler?

what needs to be understood, is the XTS isn't here to stay, it's here to keep people that bought DTS's and STS's happy for a few years until an acutal full-sized ground-up replacement sedan arrives.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

I was using the models Cadillac has specifically said are comparables.

I'm well aware the majority of A6 sold are the 2.0T, and for BMW its the 528i, which for this year is no longer the normally aspirated in-line six, but a turbo 4!

The only real competitor to the XTS is the E350, as all the others are marketed as sports sedans and Cadillac makes no sporting pretensions with the XTS. I'm fully aware the XTS mission its to transport its occupants from A to B as comfortably as possible, but in that regard the DTS might still be better, as Cadillac chose to delete one of my favorite features--massaging front seats.

I've remained loyal to Cadillac longer than I should've, leasing a new one every 2 or 3 years like clock work, and the XTS was clearly supposed to keep me in the Cadillac family, unfortunately for them, it hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    your comparison of a hybrid sports sedan/ comfort luxury car to acutal sports sedans clearly defines what Cadillac was aiming for, the V6 it has is perfectly inbetween, and while I would agree it's still not ideal, it's decent for what GM had avaliable. The closest comparison, the A6, manages it's 5.3 Seconds with the aid of a 8 speed gearbox, and AWD, and it's funny you neglected to mention it comes standard with a 211HP turbo 4(so does the BMW)... The XTS is working with 6 speeds and manages similar fuel economy, which is pretty good, not the best certinally, I was hoping for 30MPG, but not the worst-- your V8 powered XF manages 16/23.

I don't see a problem here really. Shoving a 380-400hp V8 into a FWD (or even AWD) XTS would be akin to a V8 powered Camry, sure you could do it, but that's not what the car was designed to be, and then you'd be fighting mountians of torque steer *and* dealing with teens combined fuel mileage. BMW and Audi Clearly, sell enough 2.0T FWD A6's or 528i 5 series with even less powerful powertrains, so why should Cadillac supply a huge engine for a segment filler?

what needs to be understood, is the XTS isn't here to stay, it's here to keep people that bought DTS's and STS's happy for a few years until an acutal full-sized ground-up replacement sedan arrives.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by studio caddi View Post
    The STS had a STS-V,STS platinum, and a STS alpine edition so somebody here needs to get their facts right . There really is no real good reason why other Cadillac models couldn't do the same . A twin turbo V6 is really not the same thing as a high-powered performance V8 . The twin turbo V6 is for fuel economy not for performance . What's next a 4 cylinder twin turbo in a performance engine to replace the V6 ?
    Why do you say that? How is a twin turbo V6 with over 400 horsepower NOT for performance? If Cadillac didn't want performance in the XTS, they'd just keep the naturally aspirated 3.6 liter V6 as the top engine...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

The only real competitor to the XTS is the E350, as all the others are marketed as sports sedans and Cadillac makes no sporting pretensions with the XTS.
    but you want a V8...

hueterm is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac

Why do you say that? How is a twin turbo V6 with over 400 horsepower NOT for performance? If Cadillac didn't want performance in the XTS, they'd just keep the naturally aspirated 3.6 liter V6 as the top engine...
    Or put in Magneride...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.