No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; .... so nobody's going to discuss how the new HiPer struts minimize torque steer?...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series !

.... so nobody's going to discuss how the new HiPer struts minimize torque steer?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

kipsts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013XTS Platinum, prior: 92,95,97,00,02,and 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    .... so nobody's going to discuss how the new HiPer struts minimize torque steer?
    In a number of my posts I have commented on how you normally could not tell the XTS is a FWD since there is virtually no torque pull under most driving conditions. I have owned a number of FWD cars and all other than the XTS demonstrate mid to strong torque pull.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

thanks.... anyone else?

i'm really curious what XTS owners think of the HiPer struts ... especially former DTS owners
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Nah. Just like they won't talk about how FWD helps the XTS have a larger trunk and backseat than a 7 series, Equus, or A8. Or how the XTS forum will never be full of threads about whining diffs, mis-indexed driveshafts or drivetrain booming because it's FWD.

There are several positives to FWD, but people seem to enjoy focusing only the negatives. It's human nature, I suppose.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    I have no issues w/FWD... My issues (with the car) are well known...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

cblove is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 BMW 535ix M Sport & 2010 Escalade

I came from a heavily modded V and quite frankly, I welcome the 87 octane prices and mpg of the v6.
    I bought the car for luxury and cruising around. It fits that bill for me.

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium

I think the problem lies in that Cadillac hasn't attempted to enter the upscale market properly if at all. The Germans own that market for many reason, unless you consider them the only players in that game. Cadillac should really stop making upscale buicks (as much as i LOVE my cadillac lucerne). The germans offer so many model lines, each with different motor combinations. If a person walks into a BMW dealer, they have a price range of 31k - 113k. Audi 27k - 115k. Benz 35k - 199k. See a pattern? Take a Audi 5, you can choose a 2.0 6 speed or 8 speed, 3.0 6 seed or 7 speed ,stick or auto, OR a 4.2 . Oh yea all in coupe or convert. I mean there just is no comparison. Move over to a benz E class, 11 different combinations! Either a standard v6 for the mild "everyday person" up to a biturbo v8. And howcome BMW can offer 3 different engines it its flagship 7?

I am a cadillac man all the way always have be, but i can understand how the average person having so many options and car variations choices can be convinced to fork over 50k for a buick lacrosse. Lighted door handles are cool, but I feel as if the next step hasnt been taken yet, and i am patiently waiting. But from what i understand this wasnt supposed to be the car that was supposed to take over the entry level market for caddy.

And what bothers me the most is that theres no ANALOG CLOCK

----------

But i must give credit where its due, i have to say that i was smiling when driving it, and the 20" rims and brembo package is perfect. And the lighting was amazing inside and out, and the overall quality of materials and workmanship has improved without a doubt. Alot of things moved in the right direction!

----------

But i must give credit where its due, i have to say that i was smiling when driving it, and the 20" rims and brembo package is perfect. And the lighting was amazing and out, and the overall quality of materials and workmanship has improved without a doubt. Alot of things moved in the right direction!

Black Beauty DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DTS

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    And what bothers me the most is that theres no ANALOG CLOCK
    That's because the XTS was meant to be advanced, and an analog clock is old and outdated.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Anyone insisting on RWD Caddy will soon have the new 2014 CTS. Intel is strong it is now a direct E class and 5 series competitor and not just a " tweener". XTS is a great big comfy car that is perfect for many. However , those seeking that German lux/performance combo will want the new CTS.

studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar
    Quote Originally Posted by DG2
    Anyone insisting on RWD Caddy will soon have the new 2014 CTS. Intel is strong it is now a direct E class and 5 series competitor and not just a " tweener". XTS is a great big comfy car that is perfect for many. However , those seeking that German lux/performance combo will want the new CTS.
    And hopefully in the future they will also have the Omega based RWD flagship and don't forget about the ATS that is out now and also RWD .

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by turnne View Post
    dude

its just about financials

I am sure GM would build an V8 S class fighter if they thought it would sell
    I have a 2005 STS V8 AWD with every option that had a $68K sticker...I bought it off lease 3.5 years old for less than 1/3 of that price

All those "loss leader" STS and DTS models that they had to discount heavilly from sticker to sell or heavily subsidize a lease just to move cars do not make a company profitable

Especially when you see the CTS that is being sold much closer to sticker and not coming back from lease with toilet flush residuals

The germans( and Lexus) own the over 50K luxury car market now

Cadillac is playing where it was making money...in entry level luxury($30-45K)

Warren[COLOR="Silver"]

----------
    Sad, but true!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    But that is changing with improved product. My 3.5 year old V is still worth close to 60% of MSRP.

studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar
    Well their is an XTS-V and it has been confirmed ! The XTS-V will have an LS7 V8 but sadly it will be front wheel drive . I really wish Cadillac would have made the XTS-V all wheel drive .

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by studio caddi View Post
    Well their is an XTS-V and it has been confirmed ! The XTS-V will have an LS7 V8 but sadly it will be front wheel drive . I really wish Cadillac would have made the XTS-V all wheel drive .
    http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...ly-2014-model/

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    April fools joke. They did they same thing today with the Corvette, they said that they are coming out next year with the C8 with a turbo charged V6 and no V8.....I wish they would make a XTS V though, I think it would look good with a sporty stance and a more aggressive front end

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.