No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by rustybear3 Wow....what a bunch of whinny, self absorbed, paranoid, and utterly pathetic waste of verbiage on a ...
    hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Re: No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series !

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Wow....what a bunch of whinny, self absorbed, paranoid, and utterly pathetic waste of verbiage on a thread ...comments about wasting gas (who cares , you're paying for it) and flaunting your well-to-do lifestyle on your obsession with those who are eco-minded. Guess what! The majority of Cadillac owners buy either the XTS or ATS because they like the styling, performance, economy (ATS), handling, performance, luxury, or any number of reasons other than engine size or how I can show up the next driver. The discussion on the technical attributes pro and con on the XTS was interesting....and should have stayed on point...the political commentaries and narcissistic ramblings ; pathetic!
    You're the whiniest one on here (at least since Feb -- I haven't reread the thread) and the only one taking on other posters. How about dialing it back a little?
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    You're the whiniest one on here (at least since Feb -- I haven't reread the thread) and the only one taking on other posters. How about dialing it back a little?
    I don't need to reread the thread.

(Edit/mod)

TulsaVic is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS Performance (gone)

Back on subject:
    No rear wheel drive: 99% of buyers, if blindfolded, would not be able to tell the difference FWD vs RWD. Exceptions: Full throttle accel on uneven pavement would reveal torque steer of FWD; accel from a stop in snow--if you're not moving or just slipping and sliding you have RWD.

No V8: You can't beat the sound of a V8. But if the power and refinement is there, a V2 would suit me fine. (And yes, I'm disappointed in the powertrain in the XTS, more because it's not Cadillac unique than because of its supposed lack of power.)

No V: The XTS, like the DTS, was never intended to be a sports car. Buy the CTS if you must have a V.

Get over it......

CAPT Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaVic View Post
    Back on subject:
    No rear wheel drive: 99% of buyers, if blindfolded, would not be able to tell the difference FWD vs RWD. Exceptions: Full throttle accel on uneven pavement would reveal torque steer of FWD; accel from a stop in snow--if you're not moving or just slipping and sliding you have RWD.

No V8: You can't beat the sound of a V8. But if the power and refinement is there, a V2 would suit me fine. (And yes, I'm disappointed in the powertrain in the XTS, more because it's not Cadillac unique than because of its supposed lack of power.)

No V: The XTS, like the DTS, was never intended to be a sports car. Buy the CTS if you must have a V.

Get over it......
    In the Navy, we would say a bitchin' sailor is a happy sailor. But here on the forum? economy/performance, technological advancements/points and a peek-a-boo distributor are examples of the changes from the 20th to the 21st century. Thomas Wolfe said that you can't go home again and that's true. UNLESS, you buy a vintage car and have it professionally restored. AND then you have a 20th century vehicle. Or you could buy a Vette or a CTS-V. But as TulsaVic says, (it's time to) get over it....

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Torque steer is barely noticable in the XTS ... you could compare the awd version for comparison
    nothing at all like your (and my) FWD northstars
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    I don't have the XTS, but when I got my STS-V I could not believe how I had forgotten how smooth and easy the steering is with a RWD car compared with FWD or AWD. So I don't agree that its not noticeable.

BreakThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe White, 2014 XTSV-Sport Black

Best of both worlds, XTS AWD, and CTSV-Coupe.

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I don't need to reread the thread.

(Edit/mod)
    and I suggest you dial it back on editing a member's reply on an accusation you made...I've never "taken on" posters or whine as you call it.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

and I suggest you dial it back on editing a member's reply on an accusation you made...I've never "taken on" posters or whine as you call it.
    Your original rant (still in my quote above) speaks for itself. People are free to complain about the car, what they think it should be, and their frustration with why it isn't. It's not your place to start attacking other posters about their opinion of the vehicle.

I asked you to back off, and you didn't -- so you got edited. And then yet again, you don't leave it alone...

End of discussion. This. Stops. Now.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

You're right, that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakThrough View Post
    Best of both worlds, XTS AWD, and CTSV-Coupe.

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    I understand both sides of the argument....to a point.
    But i think its sad that you cant get a v8 in a cadillac (non-v).
    Absolutely sad....what has happened to cadillac?
    And to argue the point that the xts v6 has the same amount of power as the dts n* is useless. If the current xts had an available v8 (like it should)-it would probably be in the likes of 375 hp or so. And it would be a better,more satisfiying ride. And to argue against that would be silly. At what expense? 5 mpg less? Please.

They might update it in the future. If they think the sales will be there even with the gas guzzler tax, they will do it. I'm completely with you on the V8 thing, but they have to balance what will sell and what the government requires now, which is better mileage.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    I understand both sides of the argument....to a point.
    But i think its sad that you cant get a v8 in a cadillac (non-v).
    Absolutely sad....what has happened to cadillac?
    And to argue the point that the xts v6 has the same amount of power as the dts n* is useless. If the current xts had an available v8 (like it should)-it would probably be in the likes of 375 hp or so. And it would be a better,more satisfiying ride. And to argue against that would be silly. At what expense? 5 mpg less? Please.
    dude

its just about financials

I am sure GM would build an V8 S class fighter if they thought it would sell
    I have a 2005 STS V8 AWD with every option that had a $68K sticker...I bought it off lease 3.5 years old for less than 1/3 of that price

All those "loss leader" STS and DTS models that they had to discount heavilly from sticker to sell or heavily subsidize a lease just to move cars do not make a company profitable

Especially when you see the CTS that is being sold much closer to sticker and not coming back from lease with toilet flush residuals

The germans( and Lexus) own the over 50K luxury car market now

Cadillac is playing where it was making money...in entry level luxury($30-45K)

Warren

----------

Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    Rules on the forum say no politics, but it is interesting that other Lux cars (foreign) have V8s and even V12s. But then again they cost 2 or 3 times as much.
    exactly....lol

and those people are not shopping for a Cadillac

What I think these posters fail to capture here is the fact that I think they would build V-8, V12's etc if they thought they could actually SELL them

There have been some serious flops...XLR( total flop)....STS with toilet flush lease residuals and resale values..and DTS rental car fleets

The CTS( and the Escalade) was what kept the boat floating

Warren

Very true words Warran. I love my STSs, especially the V, and its fun to have a car that only 2500 were ever made. But there's a reason they only made that many.

And I got it for a fantastic price used. I would not have paid the 78k new. If money were no object I would probably have a Mercedes CLS 63 AMG. Sorry Caddy.

Sorry I spelled your name wrong........stupid phone typing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.