No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by LS2 MN6 You are in the minority of Prius drivers, I'm sure other Prius drivers don't like ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series !

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    You are in the minority of Prius drivers, I'm sure other Prius drivers don't like that you own a 6.2L Escalade.
    What fustrates me most are hybrid drivers that also hypermill..as if they acutally NEED to squeeze that extra 5mpg by riding the pedal like it's glass going 5 under in the fast lane from their 50mpg

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Yeah, trying to maximize MPG's out of a vehicle that's oriented for it...INSANE.

What's even more frustrating are the people driving V8 powered cars and trucks under the speed limit - and complaining about what they spend on fuel like they are victims and it's something beyond their control. Like they DESERVE the sympathy because they get such poor mileage.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

via http://www.voltstats.net/#leaderboardTab

----------

the Volt up top is actually up to 3900 mpg by now ... i took that screengrab a few weeks ago
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    the Volt up top is actually up to 3900 mpg by now ... i took that screengrab a few weeks ago
    I'm not sure plug in hybrid mpg stats can be used for anything really, never like the comparison myself but it's hard to compare the two with our current measurement system for fuel consumption.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    Yeah, trying to maximize MPG's out of a vehicle that's oriented for it...INSANE.

What's even more frustrating are the people driving V8 powered cars and trucks under the speed limit - and complaining about what they spend on fuel like they are victims and it's something beyond their control. Like they DESERVE the sympathy because they get such poor mileage.
    How about people just drive the car normal. Hypermiling or trying to get better gas from a V8 is dumb. Drive the car, step on the gas and get the hell out of the way if you won't.

Driving isn't a game, I've got places to be and I would appreciate if everyone who is farting around the streets would just take the bus\train\bike\walk\etc..

I don't pay attention to my MPG other than for giggles, and I NEVER look at what gas costs. I just fill up and go. If I was worried about mileage or price of gas I'd drive a Volt.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    Whatever the percentages are (on either side of the spectrum), the difference is, no one here (that I've read) is saying they shouldn't have the option to drive them (hybrids, penalty boxes, etc.) if that is what they want.

The radical eco-left IS doing that, and to a large part succeeding.

I don't take well to that.
    While I don't like over-stringent regulations, I have to concede we have some pretty amazing machinery that is much more efficient than it would've been without them.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    What fustrates me most are hybrid drivers that also hypermill..as if they acutally NEED to squeeze that extra 5mpg by riding the pedal like it's glass going 5 under in the fast lane from their 50mpg
    If you want to hypermile, have at it. But do it in front of me and block my progress, be prepared to hear about it...
    Jesda and Jesda like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

nevermind, this debate is boring me
    Jesda and Jesda like this.

hueterm is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    While I don't like over-stringent regulations, I have to concede we have some pretty amazing machinery that is much more efficient than it would've been without them.

----------

Necessity is the mother of invention...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    nevermind, this debate is boring me
    How about that LF3 aka the 3.0TT? Which is different than the LF4 (3.6 TT). The mystery is solved... I bet one goes in the CTS and the XTS. The other, well you and Randy can figure it out (I should post that in the ATS section).

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Far too many people think the federal government's role is to force the rest of the people to do the 'right thing'. That is so ironic because the unique strength of the US constitution as amended is essentially a list of prohibitions. Our founders thought a representative republic could protect us from the tyranny of democracy. They were beautiful idealists.

Unfortunately, the power of the majority cannot abide the freedom of individuals to act as they may desire. The masses will have their 'fairness' and 'respect' at any cost, even others personal freedom. They will vote for those that promise to GIVE them outcomes that can only be earned. The great experiment fails.
    Jesda, Jesda, rodster111 and 3 others like this.

Caddy2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 deville

I test drove an XTS resently and it is a nice car. The issue is that the 300 horses are not accesable until the tach is reading about 4,000 RPM. When the gas is smashed at say 35 or 40 MPH and 2,000 RPM the transmission down shifts 2 gears to get the revs up but the car goes no place until it starts upshifting again. My wife has a Lacrosse and it drives the same way. She does not smash her gas pedal. I do when needed. The XTS definitly needs a V8 or a 6 that provides the torque at the lower revs. Maybe a reprograming of the transmission would work. I hope something is done becasue I personally will find it hard to spend the extra money over the cost of a loaded Lacrosse CXS or similar car. A cadillac is about having what you want in a car, not what the government or environmentalists tell us we must have.

JSenecal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I agree with your last comment. But the XTS is exactly what I DO want in a car: Lots of space, lots of trunk space, lots of high tech safety gadgets, reasonable power, reasonable gas milage.

The XTS has considerably more power than my current turnpike cruiser, while keeping the same or better millage. This is what I want in a car.

The problem is not everyone wants the same things. Leaving room for a V8 option would mean taking space from passenger or cargo. But it's that space that's a big selling point for this car. Everything is tradeoffs, it's just a matter of picking the car that makes the tradeoffs that favor what you want in a car. Which is probably not the same car I want.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

V8 should be the bottom option for all Cadillacs - yes including the little ones. Higher end models should have the option to go to V12. But it will never happen, the greenie eco-freaks are taking over thinking they can adjust the thermostat on global warming.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Wow....what a bunch of whinny, self absorbed, paranoid, and utterly pathetic waste of verbiage on a thread ...comments about wasting gas (who cares , you're paying for it) and flaunting your well-to-do lifestyle on your obsession with those who are eco-minded. Guess what! The majority of Cadillac owners buy either the XTS or ATS because they like the styling, performance, economy (ATS), handling, performance, luxury, or any number of reasons other than engine size or how I can show up the next driver. The discussion on the technical attributes pro and con on the XTS was interesting....and should have stayed on point...the political commentaries and narcissistic ramblings ; pathetic!

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Rules on the forum say no politics, but it is interesting that other Lux cars (foreign) have V8s and even V12s. But then again they cost 2 or 3 times as much.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.