No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by JimmyH I have a hard time considering anything coming from someone who calls a CTS-V a "tonka ...
    texmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series !

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I have a hard time considering anything coming from someone who calls a CTS-V a "tonka toy".
    I said the CTS is a tonka toy. Please read more carefully.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Like many others, I do not like the current trend to smaller engines. There is no replacement for cubic inches! Quite frankly, I was expecting XTS to be AWD with a 400 hp V8 base engine with an optional 550 hp V-12 power train. Then again, every other manufacturer is also down-sizing engines. While today's V6s are powerful, they will never sound like a V8.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    V12? Really?
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    XTS represents another big step forward for Cadillac, and it's not the bankruptcy driven compromise mobile some of you make it out to be.
    I agree that the XTS will outsell the DTS. I think it's a good car that will satisfy those shopping for a vehicle like it. The compromise is the launching of the vehicle as a front wheel drive, 300 or so horsepower V6 without the beefier forced inducted V6 and all wheel drive option. I wouldn't call it a "bankruptcy driven compromise mobile" - but it's been compromised enough that Cadillac could not launch this brand new model with it's best foot forward.

Quote Originally Posted by 08SRX View Post
    Like many others, I do not like the current trend to smaller engines. There is no replacement for cubic inches! Then again, every other manufacturer is also down-sizing engines. While today's V6s are powerful, they will never sound like a V8.
    And there are plenty of people who agree with you. It's a constant battle (around here) between people who are perfectly happy with V6s and those who are not. Personally, I don't care how many cylinders power an engine - I just expect a certain level of power, smoothness, etcetera. The sad truth is that while other manufacturers are offering a more powerful and more expensive V8 as an option, Cadillac is not. I don't believe, for the foreseeable future, Cadillac's competitors will be dropping V8s altogether. Midsize and full-size vehicles should have these power trains available as an option - even if only a small percentage of people want them.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster

I said the CTS is a tonka toy. Please read more carefully.
    Why should he read anything you say carefully? lulz...

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

GM is bowing to political pressure. It won't be long before everyone else is forced to follow suit.

Perhaps you guys don't realize that 95% of the population, who aren't enthusiasts like us, look at someone with a V8 car and think "that guy's an a**hole. cars shouldn't be that fast." Majority rules. We are lucky we can still get fast cars at all, so count your blessings while it lasts.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Every company, except the ones like Hyundai trying to gain a foothold in a new market, is downsizing engines.
    It is no big deal that there is no V8. The only ones who don't understand the CAFE and what the true public wants are the ones who are disappointed.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

Perhaps you guys don't realize that 95% of the population, who aren't enthusiasts like us, look at someone with a V8 car and think "that guy's an a**hole. cars shouldn't be that fast."
    This is part of the problem with you guys. It's all about image for you, even if that's not what it's all about. The average non-enthusiast doesn't give a shit about you or your car - that's why they aren't enthusiasts. At most, IF they even happen to notice you, all they are thinking is "I'm glad I don't have to fuel that." Everyone's too busy looking out for THEIR OWN needs and wants to care about or judge you for what you are driving.

Believe me, the 95% aren't driving non-V8 cars because they are afraid it would make them look like an ******* or make them drive too fast. They aren't driving a V8 because they don't want one (or, don't care enough to want one). It's really that easy. Don't over-complicate it.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    This is part of the problem with you guys. It's all about image for you, even if that's not what it's all about. The average non-enthusiast doesn't give a shit about you or your car - that's why they aren't enthusiasts. At most, IF they even happen to notice you, all they are thinking is "I'm glad I don't have to fuel that." Everyone's too busy looking out for THEIR OWN needs and wants to care about or judge you for what you are driving.

Believe me, the 95% aren't driving non-V8 cars because they are afraid it would make them look like an ******* or make them drive too fast. They aren't driving a V8 because they don't want one (or, don't care enough to want one). It's really that easy. Don't over-complicate it.
    Everyone thinks I'm Mr. Moneybags because I drive two V8 cars.

Most people buy V6's because they are cheap. Hell most people buy the cheapest car they can get with the features they think they want.

GM is bowing to political pressure. It won't be long before everyone else is forced to follow suit.

Perhaps you guys don't realize that 95% of the population, who aren't enthusiasts like us, look at someone with a V8 car and think "that guy's an a**hole. cars shouldn't be that fast." Majority rules. We are lucky we can still get fast cars at all, so count your blessings while it lasts.
    Exactly...which is why I am such a big proponent of them. The 95% need to mind their own business.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Every company, except the ones like Hyundai trying to gain a foothold in a new market, is downsizing engines.
    It is no big deal that there is no V8. The only ones who don't understand the CAFE and what the true public wants are the ones who are disappointed.
    Oh, I understand it completely -- and rail against it. Stay out of my garage (and driveway...and off site warehouse...).

Whether it's the image or the experience, I want what I want. That may be selfish, and it's definitely not PC, but whatev. I'm the one paying. SO -- let them drive whatever they want, and I'll drive whatever I want. The 95% (I would say 90%) aren't the problem. It's the other 5% -- the ecoradical -- that is the problem.
    NOW

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    Whether it's the image or the experience, I want what I want. That may be selfish, and it's definitely not PC, but whatev. I'm the one paying. SO -- let them drive whatever they want, and I'll drive whatever I want. The 95% (I would say 90%) aren't the problem. It's the other 5% -- the ecoradical -- that is the problem.
    THAT is the mindset that I was referring to. That's the way it is for that 95%, and that's the way it should be. Just like you, the 95% drive what they want, not what makes them look like a cool guy, an *******, or a "moneybags".

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    Everyone thinks I'm Mr. Moneybags because I drive two V8 cars.
    Did you choose your cars based on the image that they would develop or did you buy them because they fulfilled your requirements as a vehicle?

LOL, I'm sure much jealousy ensues from driving a Roadmaster wagon, loaded down like a gypsy, plus a big dog, back and forth to STL 20000 miles per year.

Roo excluded, of course...

As for the others, I have them because I like them. And they do what I want them to do better than just about anything else.

Could I have just kept the Avalanche I traded in on my EXT? Sure. Could I have bought a Lucerne Super instead of DTS Platinum? Sure. But whether for styling, image, performance, appointments...I wanted the Cadillacs.
    NOW

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

As fewer and fewer people are interested in driving V8s, CAFE will become less of a problem. The few people who want to spend more money on cars with V8s will buy them from companies who make them available. As long as these more expensive models make their owners happy and, since (usually) people who buy these vehicles have more money than average (which makes their purchase somewhat image related), the versions with V6s will sell more. So I think Brand A with a V6 and a V8 will sell more cars than brand B with only a V6. Why?

1. Brand A has the V8. Brand B does not - so they cannot sell it.
    2. Brand A has a more expensive image because of their higher priced V8 offering and will sell more V6 versions of the same car based on that.
    drewsdeville and drewsdeville like this.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

THAT is the mindset that I was referring to. That's the way it is for that 95%, and that's the way it should be. Just like you, the 95% drive what they want, not what makes them look like a cool guy, an *******, or a "moneybags".

Did you choose your cars based on the image that they would develop or did you buy them because they fulfilled your requirements as a vehicle?
    I like V8's and going fast. So the image is a secondary thing. If I was really into image I'd have gotten a Porsche.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Don't over-complicate it.

----------

I obviously suck at making a point.

My point was, the masses don't want a car with a V8, and if they had their way, they would not let us have a car with a V8 either. They think we are socially irresponsible for driving a car with a V8. And they are probably right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.