No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac XTS Forum Discussion, No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series ! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by M5eater your comparison of a hybrid sports sedan/ comfort luxury car to acutal sports sedans clearly defines ...
    youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Re: No rear wheel drive,no V8,no V series !

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    your comparison of a hybrid sports sedan/ comfort luxury car to acutal sports sedans clearly defines what Cadillac was aiming for, the V6 it has is perfectly inbetween, and while I would agree it's still not ideal, it's decent for what GM had avaliable. The closest comparison, the A6, manages it's 5.3 Seconds with the aid of a 8 speed gearbox, and AWD, and it's funny you neglected to mention it comes standard with a 211HP turbo 4(so does the BMW)... The XTS is working with 6 speeds and manages similar fuel economy, which is pretty good, not the best certinally, I was hoping for 30MPG, but not the worst-- your V8 powered XF manages 16/23.

I don't see a problem here really. Shoving a 380-400hp V8 into a FWD (or even AWD) XTS would be akin to a V8 powered Camry, sure you could do it, but that's not what the car was designed to be, and then you'd be fighting mountians of torque steer *and* dealing with teens combined fuel mileage. BMW and Audi Clearly, sell enough 2.0T FWD A6's or 528i 5 series with even less powerful powertrains, so why should Cadillac supply a huge engine for a segment filler?

what needs to be understood, is the XTS isn't here to stay, it's here to keep people that bought DTS's and STS's happy for a few years until an acutal full-sized ground-up replacement sedan arrives.
    I have seen car magazines place that A6/7 0-60 4.7 1/4 13.2 which is the STS-V's numbers, from a 300HP V6 8-speed auto

texmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    Even though Cadillac says that the XTS is a replacement for the DTS AND the STS, in reality, it is a more direct replacement for the DTS (only). The new CTS (next redo) will more better reflect a replacement for the STS. I believe that the XTS will find it's mark (and is NOT a piece of crap), but it will certainly lean towards the luxury end of the performance curve. (and may in fact be my next car if I can afford it; I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this way)
    I'm not so sure. I've always been a Sedan DeVille DTS guy and this thing just sounds like a larger CTS but closer to an LS430 design. It will be a huge break from classic Cadillac and I doubt DTS lovers will be on board.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Haters who don't like the XTS should just go overpay for a BMW-MB.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster

I'm not so sure. I've always been a Sedan DeVille DTS guy and this thing just sounds like a larger CTS but closer to an LS430 design. It will be a huge break from classic Cadillac and I doubt DTS lovers will be on board.
    Yep, all 89 of you will be truly disappointed...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I will bet money this thing blows dts sales out of the water.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    I will bet money this thing blows dts sales out of the water.
    No doubt.

I think the XTS will do a better job selling to the old Town Car/DTS crowd than the DTS did. Especially with the demise of the Town Car. I think the XTS can sell in crazy numbers.
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    No doubt.

I think the XTS will do a better job selling to the old Town Car/DTS crowd than the DTS did. Especially with the demise of the Town Car. I think the XTS can sell in crazy numbers.
    I would agree to a point. I'm sure the Livery business is going to keep every single town car until they fall apart, the XTS probally won't live long enough before this happens, but new livery sales will be forced into either this, or a 300, and I can guess which they're going to choose..

lol you keep thinking that. I'll laugh watching the sales figures. They'll be begging for Chevy Volt numbers.

Doesn't change the fact there's only 89 of you...

Doesn't change the fact there's only 89 of you...
    Keep peddling the BS numbers junior. You must be a big fan of that tonka toy CTS as well since this one looks like his slightly bigger brother.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Don't you guys let each other get under your skin.

1. Cadillac could have given us better than the XTS
    2. I know why they didn't (bankruptcy)
    3. The XTS will likely sell better than the DTS - which was based on old technology (it only makes sense)

I do believe there are a shit ton of people who will be disappointed with the XTS. At the same time, there will be a shit ton of new people saying, "Wow! It's the new Cadillac flagship!". So Cadillac will lose most of the customers who like ONE type of car and gain just as many who like another. They're basically just changing the type of customer they customarily entertain with this vehicle...

So you're both right. Deal with it.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

hueterm is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...
    TBJS....get under some new guy's skin??? Naw...never!
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I have a hard time considering anything coming from someone who calls a CTS-V a "tonka toy".

Quote Originally Posted by texmaster

Keep peddling the BS numbers junior. You must be a big fan of that tonka toy CTS as well since this one looks like his slightly bigger brother.
    Oh, I'm sorry, you mean the Cadillac saving, world acclaimed CarandDriver 10Best winning CTS and CTS-V? Yeah, I like them, as does the rest of the public. I own one. Not that underwhelming, piece of under-engineered thing called the DTS.

You're on an island of ignorance, bub...

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I'm constantly amazed at people moaning that Cadillac won't continue to build the kind of cars that made them irrelevant.

While big barges with floaty rides using finicky and fuel thirsty V8s relegated Cadillac to 20 years as a joke behind MB and BMW, CTS, Escalade and SRX have begun making Cadillac a player in the luxury market again- yet the phrase "It's like a CTS" is used as a pejorative? Makes no sense.

XTS represents another big step forward for Cadillac, and it's not the bankruptcy driven compromise mobile some of you make it out to be. Show me another car with this level of fit/finish and interior materials that also has 19" wheels, rear park assist, magnetic ride, Brembos, 300hp, auto leveling suspension, remote start, Xenon headlights, homelink and an SD card reader- all for somewhere in the mid $40s.

They will sell a ton of them as long as Cadillac doesn't make the same mistake they did with the STS and never advertise it. I worry that the ATS will steal a lot of its thunder because of the proximity of the launches, but hopefully they're smart enough not to let that happen.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.